Sign in to follow this  
m1lkm8n

Centering the custom map

Hello everyone.

Here my issue. I'm currently using global mapper to take an xyz file of a small island off the coast Britain. When I try to import it into visitor3 it places the island at the lower left corner of the map with a massive amount of ocean to the north and east. How do I get the the island to be center on the map? This way I can cut down on the size of the map

Thanks

Welcome aboard!

There are many ways to do what you want but first is first... as long as you are using GM you should adjust your island there... your projection only needs to include visible terrain since surrounding ocean can be drawn in-game, in other words, try to keep a minimal amount of surrounding water in your projection... this is the best approach to save some extra FPS later on... saludos!

Try L3DT........

you could load your GM xyz output into L3DT and visually set ranges and water levels in there

export from L3DT as a new XYZ, set to your requirements, and take it from there...

edit: Load your xyz file in L3dt and that you see there in Zaphyr 3d preview, is that you get in game.

Edited by dragonsyr

Thanks guys! Got it into visitor now. Working good!