Sign in to follow this  
jibemorel

Deep Silver announces“D-Day� DLC for Iron Front– Liberation 1944

Your sentence makes no sense to me ?? Shouldn't it be the other way around ?

Me either...

So a very easy example for you : the developers of the DayZ MOD : no access to the engine, the developers of the Dayz Standalone (commercial product) have access to the engine. You understand me or you need a drawing ??

Yes !? They ( Dayz Standalone devs ) can always access the engine even without permission ?

Dunno, they must have some better deal with BIS then...

Yes !? They ( Dayz Standalone devs ) can always access the engine even without permission ?

No wonder the Head Dev for DayZ is a BIS employee and BIS has done a lot of changes to the engine for DayZ needs. And all the sales for DayZ MOD went to BIS anyway. as sales saw a all time rise during the DayZ Hype. There were more copies sold than ever before...but to a much cheaper prize.

So a very easy example for you : the developers of the DayZ MOD : no access to the engine, the developers of the Dayz Standalone (commercial product) have access to the engine. You understand me or you need a drawing ??

They ARE BIS. BIS don`t need to grant access to the engine to BIS :) They already have it.

In fact, DayZ has indirect access to engine while even being a mod. Just look how many significant changes was done in several months that haven`t been done in past 2-3 years.

Edited by Li0n

They ARE BIS. BIS don`t need to grant access to the engine to BIS :) They already have it.

Who are BIS ? DS, DayZ devs or IF devs ?

Dunno who about do you typing now.

Dean Hall and other DayZ developers are working on BIS. Dean worked on them even before he created DayZ mod.

Damn if IF had so good "connections"...:rolleyes:

They probably do have good connections but they have their own company. Relationships between companies are always complicated. There is always the boiler plate of who owns what and who is responsible for what.

I'm a bit surprised they have chosen "D-Day" as a moniker, as D-Day implies beach landings, thus landing craft and what-not. D-Day in general implies vast scope. I don't know how much vast scope they can fit into a small DLC.

As others have noted, Americans v Germans in D-Day and Normandy in general has been done over and over again, while it might not have been done with with as much high quality as the Iron front team could do it, I do think British/Canadians would have been a lot better option. Maybe it's because of marketing reasons, and games sales strategy requiring US content. But British and Canadian 'kit' I think was more interesting in Normandy - Typhoon, Sherman/Firefly, Cromwell, Churchill, Achilles - more specialized kit for specific roles.

I hope there will be a way in the future of being able to use these units alongside community made addons - then the scope won't be so limited. It would be good to hear from a Developer about the possibility of this.

I'm a bit surprised they have chosen "D-Day" as a moniker, as D-Day implies beach landings, thus landing craft and what-not. D-Day in general implies vast scope. I don't know how much vast scope they can fit into a small DLC.

As others have noted, Americans v Germans in D-Day and Normandy in general has been done over and over again, while it might not have been done with with as much high quality as the Iron front team could do it, I do think British/Canadians would have been a lot better option. Maybe it's because of marketing reasons, and games sales strategy requiring US content. But British and Canadian 'kit' I think was more interesting in Normandy - Typhoon, Sherman/Firefly, Cromwell, Churchill, Achilles - more specialized kit for specific roles.

I hope there will be a way in the future of being able to use these units alongside community made addons - then the scope won't be so limited. It would be good to hear from a Developer about the possibility of this.

You mean publisher ( Deep Silver ) right ?

I think they should have stuck with the eastern front and made a Stalingrad DLC, or try something that not many have attempted, and gone to the Africa part of the war. There is so much competition with the Western side (I44). Yes, the models & textures may be "out of this world" for IF44, but there is no fun if the sounds suck, the game is buggy as hell, can't freely mod, and maybe two people playing online. I'd hate to rant but I think constructive criticism is needed for the developers to come down to the players level and see what type of ideas would get the game sales/players.

Edited by Mr. Frogman

This conversation about what they should have done has been discussed to death on IF forums, could we just focus on the dlc?

The fact is they are doing Western Front, lets be happy they are going to release something for the game which is better then waiting around for news on a

new patch to fix whatever we are still complaining about.

Me I was not fond of the new dlc theme either, but i got over it, and seeing some of the models and stuff they have so far, I'm looking forward to it.

We can wish, and rant all we want, and in a way its a good conversation but again its been said, and read to much already,

so lets concentrate on what we are getting, if you don't want that then as my mother would say theres the door.

You think you are going to fool us into buying your games again?

How about you fixing that modding problem you had with your first game and we'll see about buying this.

With the all respect to allies veterans of ww2, the D-Day theme appear in games too often. I think, the theme of winter 44-45 would be better(western or eastern front), because we do not saw the "oficial" winter before

Yeah, if I even still gave a damn about IF, I'd want the countless problems to be fixed before any mention of a DLC of any kind.

raptor90, scrim

Take your difficulties to PM where you don't bother the rest of the community with it. None of your recent posts have anything to do with the thread and could be considered trolling and spam.

Finally!, looking forward to M4 Sherman.

Also hope there will be some civilians or something, cause it's shame how so many enterable cities in Iron Front are just....empty

I agree ... a few Chenarus "babushkas" and farmers would hae fit in nicely in the landscape of the Eastern Front. But as to in-game penalties for firing on non-combatants - historically speaking, probably not a concern on the Eastern Front!

is there any were a list of what is in this dlc islands , units , vehicles

And what will be the size of the download?

I am interested so long as not too big

You guys should post on the IF forums thread for this, everything you've asked has been answered there or will be answered.

http://forum.iron-front.com/showthread.php?1525-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-quot-D-Day-quot-DLC-Announcement

There working on a FAQ to help clear up anything and provide more info for the dlc.