Sign in to follow this  
jibemorel

Deep Silver announces“D-Day� DLC for Iron Front– Liberation 1944

So you will be able to fight on the western front, it looks really good :)

Finally!, looking forward to M4 Sherman.

Also hope there will be some civilians or something, cause it's shame how so many enterable cities in Iron Front are just....empty

Oh FFS .... please not !

Boring Westfront , I guess that DLC wont find my home.

Inv44 provides the same stuff for free and for sure a bunch of more units.

I think it is a bad decision.

Oh, Normandy. Don't think I've heard of that battle, I do believe it's one of the less known battles of WW2. Betcha no one has ever done anything about it.

Feels like they could've done something more interesting. At least it ought to be half a dozen steps up the quality ladder compared to I44.

only one question there:

will there be an interesting campaign? and more SP missions?

and if there is a campaign, how long will it be? I mean, how many missions?

will the landing be in that campaign or as SP mission?

Oh FFS .... please not !

Boring Westfront , I guess that DLC wont find my home.

Inv44 provides the same stuff for free and for sure a bunch of more units.

I think it is a bad decision.

I44 is for sure one of most nice mods of A2:CO, but not all players of IF are also players of A2:CO, than this is an good news for all of this players, they can enjoy the new units and weapons, and maybe someone will want to test I44 also and will buy A2:CO, like is already happens for some players on my group. :)

I44 is for sure one of most nice mods of A2:CO, but not all players of IF are also players of A2:CO, than this is an good news for all of this players, they can enjoy the new units and weapons, and maybe someone will want to test I44 also and will buy A2:CO, like is already happens for some players on my group. :)

I will gladly play both I44 and IF44, for what they have to offer, as i do today.

Yawn.

Don't worry, I heard it's going to be released on a monday!

Looking forward to this! Here's hoping they make a Normandy map as good as the maps that are already in the game!

Oh, Normandy. Don't think I've heard of that battle, I do believe it's one of the less known battles of WW2. Betcha no one has ever done anything about it.

Feels like they could've done something more interesting. At least it ought to be half a dozen steps up the quality ladder compared to I44.

They did the Eastern Front with the last game. That's pretty out of the box.

These guys need a safe play I'd assume after the initial release floundered. Normandy gives them that. The widest spread appeal, tapping into the most markets, while portraying one of the most known and storied battles in history.

Normandy may of been done before but it's still plenty interesting. Besides, who has really done it before and done it right? Brothers in Arms maybe? And that was an Unreal based linear shooter. For a mil sim, Normandy is new territory as well.

It also allows for a sequential release of DLC in the future about the retaking of Europe and downfall of Germany. Might as well start at Normandy and continue from there inland.

They focused on pretty much one offensive on the Eastern front, and they added only a few of the vehicles that were used there. That's not "doing the Eastern front", it's scratching the surface of it.

I'll agree, I was surprised to see the DLC go in this direction. There were many scenarios I envisioned playing, but the Western Front was certainly not one of them, not even close.

The current availability of the King Tiger made me imagine a setting in Hungary, for example. :(

They focused on pretty much one offensive on the Eastern front, and they added only a few of the vehicles that were used there. That's not "doing the Eastern front", it's scratching the surface of it.

Whatever. The point still remains.

In order for this game to continue they are going to have to be successful financially and their first release was a flop. Tapping into the most popular, largest appealing period of WW2 for gamers is the right move to hopefully jumpstart things.

No one is forcing you to buy it in the meantime. Frankly, I'm surprised that in a genre so starved of content that people are actually upset over this. I'm happy to be getting any realistic shooter. ARMA 3's setting isn't my first choice either. But it's still going to be great.

Considering their lousy start and bad relations with most of the community they had when they started (AFAIK there aren't even any clans left playing it), it'd probably be wiser to listen to them so there'll actually be a good reputation running about the game. Seriously, how many people are going to buy both the game and the DLC just for the sake of the DLC when the majority of the community has actually left the game and have little good to say about it other than "it had potential, but too little too late"?

Well, it leaves a bit to be desired. I do not doubt it is a great move on the part of the company, they will increase their chances of becoming more recognized and of gaining a wider audience for the quality work being produced, but it leaves those already committed and loyal to the original release with something they have little interest in.

I, for example, find this to be an outstanding game even in its' current condition, but I see areas of possible improvement and expansion being ignored for a setting I've grown tired of after being exposed to it for so many years by various other games (dating back to Close Combat mind you). I only hope they return to add more content down the line, and I'll keep playing regardless of whether I decide to purchase the DLC or not.

I have my doubts if the new DLC will be a success, the game lost most of its playerbase in the last months. This will spread even more the playernumbers.

D-Day is quiete standard imo, like mage, warrior, thief in mmorpgs.

But, what would you love to see instead of Normandy ?

To be honest, I was highly disappointed with IF-L, felt like it was a waste of money. They should release this DLC for free to people who already paid for a game that was broken and never fixed. I44, on the other hand, was more technically-sound and was for free. Unless the IF-L and this DLC actually works and isn't entirely ridden with bugs, then I'll stick with I44, thanks.

Unfortunatly even after patch 1.04 IFL is far from bgeeing a game as polished as ArmA II, yes the original ArmA II. Control is even more clunky, MP is barely existent and ridden by the notorious low client performance we know from non-Beta OA builds. In this light i realy don't need more models of the same thing in a DLC as long as the base game does not really look and perform well.

Unfortunatly even after patch 1.04 IFL is far from bgeeing a game as polished as ArmA II, yes the original ArmA II. Control is even more clunky, MP is barely existent and ridden by the notorious low client performance we know from non-Beta OA builds. In this light i realy don't need more models of the same thing in a DLC as long as the base game does not really look and perform well.

You really think that this less-more hot-fixes with names patch 1.01-1.04 will do miracles ?

It has been typed many times that they ( IF devs ) ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO SOMETHING WITH BIS ENGINE DIRECTLY BECAUSE ITS NOT MOD BUT COMMERCIAL PRODUCT...

You probably forgot to mention new armor/penetration system on tanks do you...:rolleyes:

But yes maybe a major/general patch with permission of BIS could polish this game even more ( even don`t know how... ) from A2:OA defaults.

It has been typed many times that they ( IF devs ) ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO SOMETHING WITH BIS ENGINE DIRECTLY BECAUSE ITS NOT MOD BUT COMMERCIAL PRODUCT...

Your sentence makes no sense to me ?? Shouldn't it be the other way around ?