Sign in to follow this  
f2f_bho

Editor Markers in-game

Okay been wondering about this for awhile, But how would one make better or add to the in game marker system, the finger paint style makers do the job , but i feel are not as in depth as they could be as far as map markups go.... what i need answered:

1). do i need BIS's permission to try and do this?

2). What PBO(s) do i need to locate and open?

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

i have seen Some mods that have editor placable markers, i do not want to do that. I want to be able to place and erase as the mission changes, with better markers than those already present.

here is an image of what i am looking to do , But in MP, in game editing(NOT) mission editing in the editor. there is a difference , i want real time mission map mark up with a better array of symbols.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/wordpress/wp-content/gamereviews/pc/steel/tactical_map.jpg (523 kB)

This would further build upon unit control while in multi player- and organized CooP missions such as Insurgency , DOM and specialized squad missions

Gotcha, you're referring to what's posted in this thread:

Map overlays -couple of different links in there

Only one I remember was SPON Map, but I don't believe it was ever updated for ARMA 2

does this still work in Arma2 ? http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/8335-the-overlay-maker/page__view__findpost__p__110695

Those programs are very intresting, they do exactly what we are looking for.... if anyone has contact with spooner still i would like to speak with him or someone on that team on a port over from Arma to A2/OA.