Sign in to follow this  
ChrisD

Patch V1.06

So, deinstalled ToH (with keep user files/missions)(do not want to lose my career progress!) and installed it again. Same problems as before.

For the "No entry'config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow" error I found this one on the Wiki: "No entry'config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow" (on start-up) - try patching A2 & OA to the latest versions [2] But it didn`t helped me.

That 'Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0' is also still there.:(

My ToH start line looks as follow(don`t care about that mistake I`ve made with the installer with double ToH in the path, I know):

"D:\Win7Games\Take On Helicopters\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" "-mod=D:\Win7Games\Arma2;D:\Win7Games\Arma2;D:\Win7Games\Take On Helicopters\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe;Rearmed"

Arma Version is: 1.62.95248

My ToH rpt file: http://sharesend.com/sskm0qw9

Tried that arma2 launcher version 1.4.1.0 but do not have a clue how I can start ToH with it.:confused:

Edited by EagleEye[GER]

First try this modline:

"D:\Win7Games\Take On Helicopters\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" "-mod=D:\Win7Games\Arma2;D:\Win7Games\Arma2\Expansion;D:\Win7Games\Take On Helicopters\Take On Helicopters;Rearmed"

Ref: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_-_Rearmed#Shortcut

If you don't define the modline yourself (link/batch/community tool), you need to remove the modlauncher section in the TakeOnH.cfg explained in post #14.

I've not had time to have a go at the modline yet I can't comment. My post is about a basic query - why should .kju & others even have to answer problems like this? Why is BI not sorting this out? Since there are at least 2 of us with this snag, how many others are there that haven't posted? What about the people who have bought the programs & do not know of the existence of this site? What about people who do not like entering modlines ( I count myself among them) or who are not familiar with even basic programming? BI must have sold ARMAII & TOH at least for people to want to use Rearmed. What about the people like me who want to buy Hind to use in ARMAII - but can't because of this problem? BI are losing out both from goodwill & sales. Come on - get this problem sorted out!! ChrisD

Rearmed was made by me.

Rearmed is coming as free, optional DLC.

Rearmed is not needed, and cannot damage TKOH if you dont have A2 or OA installed.

Rearmed breaks only TKOH, if the registry entries are faulty or one messes up the modline (via expansion menu, or launcher tools, shortcut or batch file by defining the wrong load order).

Yes it should not happen, yes the modlauncher/registry loading is not as robust as it needs to be, but thats the situation.

I think even as non computer expert Ive given enough options and explanations how you can handle it.

If its still too much, just remove rearmed and use TKOH alone.

;2262188']Rearmed was made by me.

Rearmed is coming as free' date=' optional DLC.

Rearmed is not needed, and cannot damage TKOH if you dont have A2 or OA installed.

Rearmed breaks only TKOH, if the registry entries are faulty or one messes up the modline (via expansion menu, or launcher tools, shortcut or batch file by defining the wrong load order).

Yes it should not happen, yes the modlauncher/registry loading is not as robust as it needs to be, but thats the situation.

I think even as non computer expert Ive given enough options and explanations how you can handle it.

If its still too much, just remove rearmed and use TKOH alone.[/quote']

I did not know that? amazing effort man, personally like to say thank you very much. Rearmed adds the best of TKOH to arma2. the long view distance with the awesome heli's and the arma2 landware fare.

add another 1 to this core fan base...

;2261638']First try this modline:

"D:\Win7Games\Take On Helicopters\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" "-mod=D:\Win7Games\Arma2;D:\Win7Games\Arma2\Expansion;D:\Win7Games\Take On Helicopters\Take On Helicopters;Rearmed"

Ref: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_-_Rearmed#Shortcut

If you don't define the modline yourself (link/batch/community tool)' date=' you need to remove the modlauncher section in the TakeOnH.cfg explained in post #14.[/quote']

Couldn`t try it until now and i have to say: It work`s now with youre modline! No error messages. Thanks a lot .kju!

Good to hear EagleEye :bounce3:

;2262188']Rearmed was made by me.

Rearmed is coming as free' date=' optional DLC.

If its still too much, just remove rearmed and use TKOH alone.[/quote']

I had no idea of this, and I want to apologize for my tone earlier. I was mainly hoping that somebody from BIS would read such comments and think about how such a small set of problems can alienate such a large part of the fanbase. I didn't realize it was a community effort from the get-go, and it would be nice if BIS mentioned this in promotional materials so I don't expect finished production quality.

All that said, it is a remarkable product about which I have no complaints, having gotten everything to work :P

No worries mate.

Rest assured BI itself is also following the forums and the issues, and also helped significantly to make the integration work in the first place.

Still as noted before its a complex system with many variables and possibilities of user errors.

The integration of OA and A2 to CO via steam has been very problematic for a long time too, and lead also to the development of the registry detection system.

I dont get your point about finished production quality. A fully robust system for this complex system is unrealistic to expect.

To achieve such it would require significant development time, adjustments of all products involved and no support of prior releases/products,

or a closed and controlled environment as steam.

If an integration of TKOH with Arma would have been a key design goal from the start,

it might have been possible to achieve some better, but unlikely perfect solution as you seem to expect.

That fact that I made the content integration has no relation to the product integration - that's BI parts

and again it is not as simple as you seem to think it is.

What I agree though is that it should never happen that an user can manage to break TKOH from launching.

It should always revert to the default configuration (like no mods loaded) when it has problems.

Unfortunately the game startup system isn't as robust as it should be either.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Well no, I understand the complexities involved and I dont expect it to be always simple. There are so many different distributions of each product involved, I would never expect them to even be as compatible as they are, really.

The issue to me seems that if somebody buys all the products together on Steam, for example, they don't seem to work together out-of-the-box. This may seem like a minor point, but to me it is the biggest issue because Steam is probably the biggest single content-delivery platform.

Whether the products being on Steam at all is just a 'courtesy' is debatable. I know a lot of people don't like the system. I actually bought Arma twice just to have a copy on Steam, though, and have done so with a couple of other titles too.

My own opinions are not necessarily shared by many, but I just wanted to be clear. I don't want to come across as too critical, I know how complicated it is just by how many different situations pop up here on the forums and how little idea I have as to how they could be resolved.

PS Frankly the only issues I had were in getting the TOH DLC's to work, my Rearmed experience was as smooth as it gets, and that's with Steam versions of everything. However, I had some directory junctions in place already so I recognize that everyone who plays anything but vanilla has a very unique installation of the system.

Edited by dwringer

As the person who started this topic, may I make the following points? Firstly, .kju, please read my post #28 as if you were BI & NOT yourself. It was aimed at them & not you. Secondly, I expected the answer to my very first post about this problem to come from BI. Something like " BI are aware of this problem & a patch will be issued soon. In the meantime, please try the following......." I certainly appreciate your efforts, but wondered why no official response - hence my frustration. Thirdly, there is absolutely no mention in the V1.06 update on the BI website that Rearmed is not a BI product. Again I would have expected something along the lines of " V1.06 is an official BI update. However, Rearmed is NOT a BI mod and any queries regarding this should be addressed to the BI Games Forum in the TOH troubleshooting section & NOT to BI" This should have been made clear & then most of this thread would have not been necessary. The fact that you were responsible for this mod is a credit to yourself & I thank you for all your hard work. Since EagleEye now has Rearmed working using your modline I shall be trying this as soon as I can. Regards, ChrisD

As for TKOH:Rearmed, I've found two bugs, one is when pressing Left Alt key for free looking, you can't fire. Another is the grenade some times doesn't sound when explode.

Hello to all,

today I downloaded and installed the patch 1.06 Rearmed to take advantage of the automatic connection maps with ARMA II and ARMA II Operation Arrowhead I has also.

It is after installing the patch 1.06, I have two error messages that are displayed :

1) No entry 'config.bin/CfgInGamesUI/MPTable.shadow'

Then a second :

2) Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

and the game Take On Helicopter firm systematically impossible to start the game

Do you have a solution to my problem please?

Thank you for your help, Alpha36.

In patch 1.06, in Video Settings, there is a gray square which is inside a gray circle, and a caption which says these calibration images should be overlapping. Right now they are not, and I don't see how to make them overlap. Could someone explain? I did searches in this and other forums for the keyword 'calibration' without success.

At the moment my video settings are quite nice looking, but I am wondering if things could even be better with some 'overlapping' whatever that is. So: should these two gray things REALLY be overlapping?