Sign in to follow this  
Necrucifer

Moving items in-game?

What I mean by that is, how do I move an item upward, downward, left and right, up and down, closer and farther? I found a Mounted Machine Gun and went to move it up into this tower but when I set it down it would be stuck a bit outside of the tower and everytime I used it I would fall after I stopped using it?

What I mean by that is, how do I move an item upward, downward, left and right, up and down, closer and farther? I found a Mounted Machine Gun and went to move it up into this tower but when I set it down it would be stuck a bit outside of the tower and everytime I used it I would fall after I stopped using it?

This type of thing has been a problem with arma for quite a while i.e. items clipping through walls or solid obstacles. Its been improved but never quite goes away, I think that’s what your experiencing here perhaps. If there is enough room in the tower for you and the mounted machine gun then it should work, the fact it doesn’t is just a fault in the game. There are a couple of mods that include pbo’s that are directed at this type of problem, but really they only work for the ai, for instance when they die and fall on say a stair case, they don’t bounce around as they used to do or clip through a wall etc.

I think its just one of those things players of this series tend to overlook now, although it is annoying..:(

The thing regards you dying when you have finished using the gun, as you say falling, is just a 'by-product' of this problem.

This type of thing has been a problem with arma for quite a while i.e. items clipping through walls or solid obstacles. Its been improved but never quite goes away, I think that’s what your experiencing here perhaps. If there is enough room in the tower for you and the mounted machine gun then it should work, the fact it doesn’t is just a fault in the game. There are a couple of mods that include pbo’s that are directed at this type of problem, but really they only work for the ai, for instance when they die and fall on say a stair case, they don’t bounce around as they used to do or clip through a wall etc.

I think its just one of those things players of this series tend to overlook now, although it is annoying..:(

The thing regards you dying when you have finished using the gun, as you say falling, is just a 'by-product' of this problem.

Thank you, I have not played arma in forever so I was a bit dumb-founded as there is alot of combined buttons and so forth so was not 100% sure if I was missing something as the game did not explain it nor did I find anything in search, thanks again :)