Sign in to follow this  
Warin

Warcraft iii

Well, I made the trek to Future Shop this morning on the off chance that Resistance was in, and to pick up my copy of Warcraft III.

No Resistance yet sad.gif

But Warcraft III.... WOW.

The graphics are amazing, and though I've just started playing... the gamplay is pretty wonderful as well.

The funniest part is the DVD that came with the Collectors edition. If you've ever bought a DVD, youre used to the tape seal on the box. The cinematics DVD has the funniest one I have ever seen...

SPOILER ALERT! CONTAINS ALL IN-GAME CINEMATICS

of course, the part on the back of the DVD that says 'The complete Warcraft III in-game cinematics' wasnt enough wink.gif

So while I dont have resistance, at least I get to play SOMETHING new.

I wanted to go out and pick up WC3 w/ the free Stratigic Commander and OPFR today, too.

But since no OPFR yet, I set shopping aside until I can kill both birds with one leap into the checkbook.

You got the Stratigic Commander from FutureShop, right? I wonder how it works in WC3. YUM!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ July 04 2002,00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I set shopping aside until I can kill both birds with one leap into the checkbook.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats what i was planning to do but since theres no resistance im going to go get some other game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ July 04 2002,00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wanted to go out and pick up WC3 w/ the free Stratigic Commander and OPFR today, too.

But since no OPFR yet, I set shopping aside until I can kill both birds with one leap into the checkbook.

You got the Stratigic Commander from FutureShop, right?  I wonder how it works in WC3.  YUM!<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah. I havent hooked it up yet though. smile.gif

The Collectors set is pretty cool. it has 8x10 prints that give you the art for all four boxes, a cool book, and a DVD with all the cinematics. There is also a sound track CD, but I havent looked at that yet. Plus the manual is more in depth, and the back cover is printed with all the Blizzard project staffs signatures. Pretty cool, I say. smile.gif Plus for prebooking I got the Lord of the Clans novel, that is the story written for 'Warcraft Adventures' ... the adventure game that never got released.

I need change!!! After having played Starcraft for years I got enough of that stuff till I am 50! biggrin.gif I was kind of angry that OFPR wasnt out last time I went shopping! sad.gif So I bought Soldiers of Fortune 2. Now, after a week I need something else cause this game somehow bores me!

I go for Neverwinter Nights!

(attention with GTA3, to many Mags write too much good stff about it, but in the end it is kind of slow on most machines and kind of childish)

I went to Future Shop today when doors opened and there was a crowd of kids and teens there waiting for it. But hell, it was like 89$, or $120 for the collector's edition. For that kind of money, hookers can pleasure me all night tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-

Warcraft is for small children. Just look at the oversaturated Disney graphics.

If you like strategy, get Shogun Total War - it blows any RTS out of the sky. The AI combat tactics are build on Sun Tsu's "Art of war" and the battles are really cruel and bloody. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ July 04 2002,01:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Warcraft is for small children. Just look at the oversaturated Disney graphics.

If you like strategy, get Shogun Total War - it blows any RTS out of the sky. The AI combat tactics are build on Sun Tsu's "Art of war" and the battles are really cruel and bloody.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Respectfully, Mr Moderator sir, I submit that you are speaking from your rectal opening biggrin.gif

I loved Shogun, and cant wait for Medieval: Total War to come out as well (damn that was one of the best demos ever!wink.gif

But Warcraft is and has always been a little different.  Everyone has tried to emulate it and few have succeeded.  The gameplay is engaging, and so far the story is pretty good.  Yes, it's bright..but what's wrong with that?  It's well balanced and fun.  And that is something Blizzard has always managed to do.  Look at how popular Starcraft still is... it's an example of amazing gameplay combined with story and enjoyment.  

Worth every penny.

As for Die Alive...if he can find a decent woman of negotiable virtue that will keep him happy all night for 120 dollars, I suspect we'll see him at the clinic getting a few shots biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 03 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for Die Alive...if he can find a decent woman of negotiable virtue that will keep him happy all night for 120 dollars, I suspect we'll see him at the clinic getting a few shots biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I just follow my simple rule....

If it smells like fish, it's a dish....

If it smells like colonge, leave it alone.

As for WC3, i would of bought it today, just that price gave me a kinda shock, I mean, I remember way back in the early 90s new games were going for like 25 to 30 max, then in the mid 90s you could find games that came out 1-2 months before for about $20. Shit, now games that are 2 years old are still selling at their opening price. Today, I bought Deus Ex (finally). I really wanted to get this game when it came out, but at the time, I had other games and money for other things (poontang), so today I got it for $24, when did it come out? 2000? I mean, games don't get cheaper over time anymore. If WC3 starts out at $90, then 3 years from now, it's gonna be $65? That's why I'll stick with games like OFP, it'll keep me interested for many more months to come.

-=Die Alive=-

Hee hee hee.

I've bought 4-5 games and 30-40 DVD's since January that have cost me nothing..that's right... nada smile.gif

I love bonus programs through work smile.gif

I have to payu taxes on it as income at the end of the year..but it's all just...extra. I should get 300 dollars worth of stuff for June alone smile.gif

75$ for a game is not worth it.. I haven't payed that well since N64 came out sad.gif

And you wanna talk about a good RTS? Not shogun... not wc3... Command & Conquer: Generals.

If anyone has seen "bootleg" gameplay movie for this game.. you will wholeheartedly agree. It just blows you away.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 04 2002,04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">75$ for a game is not worth it..  I haven't payed that well since N64 came out sad.gif

And you wanna talk about a good RTS?  Not shogun... not wc3... Command & Conquer: Generals.

If anyone has seen "bootleg" gameplay movie for this game.. you will wholeheartedly agree.  It just blows you away.<span id='postcolor'>

I love this attitude biggrin.gif

Most people will spend this much every few weeks on snacks and/or booze/cigarettes/etc. And you will certainly get more enjoyment from the game. At least that's how I see it.

Generals looks pretty cool. But I bet it's at least this time next year before we see it for sale. Unless you've heard something different?

I dont buy booze.

I dont buy cigs.

I dont buy 75$ worth of snacks.

I dont throw money around. And if people start paying 75$ for one game, whats to stop the other companies from charging that much?

it costs 70 bucks for the collectors addition, you can get the regular copy for the common new release price. and i too got my collector addition and  i love the art gallery book, though its a pitty they had to drop the burning legion. they looked kinda cool. i didnt look at the DVD cuzz i wana finish the campaigns first so not to spoil the story. and i think the WCIII has the best Cinamas ever. there hasn't been a single game that i've seen other than Diablo II that could do such great work. i would almost say its as good as the animation (if not better) than the final fanasty movie.

I agree, Generals looks like its going to kick ass!

If I get the money somehow, I'll definently buy Warcraft III for now though. wow.gif

P.S. LEOTARD!

I spend so much money on snacks and cigarettes that I'm afraid to actually calculate it all.

But let's try: biggrin.gif

$20 every other day for a pizza. ($60/wk)

$10 every day on fast food. ($70/wk)

$5 every day on a cigarettes. ($35/wk)

$5 every morning on coffee etc. ($35/wk)

$10 every day on snacks. ($70/wk)

$10 every day on a grass habit. ($70/wk)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>TOTAL per week: $340</span>

$1360 /month

Those are my routine spendings. That's not including purchases like clothes, games or hobbies.

tounge.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.giftounge.gif

Y'know what? After looking at my weekly spendings, paying $144(aft tx) for WC3 seems like a LOT!!!

$144 is almost half of what I normally spend in a regular week.

WOW!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ July 04 2002,09:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Y'know what?  After looking at my weekly spendings, paying $144(aft tx) for WC3 seems like a LOT!!!

$144 is almost half of what I normally spend in a regular week.

WOW!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL.

Just dont eat Pizza for a week biggrin.gif

Seriously (and this goes for all games, not just WCIII) you get more entertainment value for the money with a good game than you do with pretty much anything else.

smile.gif

Is it 75 canadian dollars or what?

If it's american dollars, this is twice the price of a normal game, right? I can't see how that's justified. Blizzard has already made tons of cash by re-releasing Warcraft2 something like 40 times. OFP took longer to make than W3, yet is normal price.

The WC3 Collector's Edition thing is $124.99 CDN.

Regular WC3 is $89.99 CDN

So I think he mean it in US dollars.

Either way, WC3 is way over priced. Oh well, people(kids) will pay anything.

In Canada, the reg game is $90 ($58 US/60 Euro/38.50 pounds), the collectors is $130 (84 US/86 Euro/55 pounds)

In the US, the reg game is $59 or $75 for the collectors.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ July 04 2002,09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I spend so much money on snacks and cigarettes that I'm afraid to actually calculate it all.

But let's try:  biggrin.gif

$20 every other day for a pizza.  ($60/wk)

$10 every day on fast food.       ($70/wk)

$5 every day on a cigarettes.    ($35/wk)

$5 every morning on coffee etc. ($35/wk)

$10 every day on snacks.         ($70/wk)

$10 every day on a grass habit. ($70/wk)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>TOTAL per week:  $340</span>

$1360 /month

Those are my routine spendings.  That's not including purchases like clothes, games or hobbies.

tounge.gifwow.gif  wow.gif  wow.gif  wow.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lets see, that is quite an amount of food there, actually fast food! Want me to calculate that stuff in calories tounge.gif, hope you can burn it too!

pizza is not fast food? 20$ on a pizza, jesus what kind of pizza-size is that?

2 packs of cigarettes, that is definetly one too much!

But I am not your mother so here comes mine

Monthly account

600$ clothes and sports stuff and and and

50$ games

500$ for going out

300$ food /including restaurants ...

-----------------------------------------

1450US$, that sounds a lot to me, but is acceptable for switzerland, but the problem is that I get stupid speeding tickets and parking tickets every other day. Which can sum up to about 500US$ a month (for nothing) and I am not even a agressive driver. In Germany my living costs definetly cut by half!

wow.gif ! You spend twice as much as me tounge.gif

lol And the Canadian dollar is only worth like half of what the US dollar is worth. And then there's the 15% tax on top of it all. wow.gif

I might not buy WC3 anymore. It's just so damn expensive.

Oh, well this I didnt get that! But I thought, maybe they got those Monstersize pizzas overseas, well basically everything is big on this continent, isnt it? SO 20US$ for a pizza, okay!

Yeah, I spend a lot indeed, I know that, but I am gonna cut is soon. I am gonna start working (once I found the right employer) and then wont have so much time anymore to go out and spend my money! And then I will have to earn it myself! But that is okay, if I love my job I am happy. smile.gif