Sign in to follow this  
walker

NASA may be about to make an Historical Anouncement about Mars.

So basically they (SAM) found something in the soil on mars and want to announce / share something mind blowing but they need to be sure first and therefore not telling anything.... Little disappointing for now but going to keep an eye on it, can't wait to ''see'' what they discovered

Unfortunately, these things have a tendency to be less than mindblowing, at least compared to all the hype. Whenever NASA announces an interesting find, the entire internet explodes with an almighty "o mi GAWD it's LIFE on MARS!", but then it turns out to be some funky doodad residue that means there may or may not have been volcanic activity on Mars, or something.

Long story short, I'm keeping my expectations low this time. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

I agree.

Although like many these days on their travels, I suspect they "found themselves".

Ruins containing ancient databanks full of schematics and coordinates to a mass acceleration space station located within our solar system and probably encased in ice... or bust :)

i hope they didn't found Elvis

actually they found Jimmy Hoffa's body.

Ruins containing ancient databanks full of schematics and coordinates to a mass acceleration space station located within our solar system and probably encased in ice... or bust :)

I lol'd

For those who don't get it, that's Mass Effect.

This oughta be interesting. There´s many things I know that could be involved in this, all are exciting. However, I actually hope it will be something that nobody is expecting at all, but that is equally exciting as all known possibillities.

I should try and keep an eye on this.

i know, i know,

they have found big box full of CDs with 2010's edition of Duke Nukem Forever and some Starcraft:Ghost DVDs

It's an alien telescope that they used to find signs of intelligent life on Earth finally!

It's an alien telescope that they used to find signs of intelligent life on Earth finally!

Would have a hard time finding that if they came :p

In an article its written the data they found is from their SAM (Sample Analysis at Mars), maybe they found something organic. There are rumors they found organic molecules. A while ago they allegedly found Methan but wasnt later a positive detection.

Yeah I know that people wished there would find something like in Prometheus.....nah better not :eek:. But some kind of fossil would rock the socks.

Edited by oxmox

i hope they didn't found Elvis

lol good 1 :yay:

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Victor an Pvt Armstrong chillin drinking beers, waiting for the ruskie convoy to finally appear.

my guess... they found a chemical that may be associated with life.... but then again it can form in other ways... mind blowing...

Looks like they have scaled back from "Mindblowing" to the find being merely "Interesting".

Still, no details on what this formerly "For the history books" now "Interesting" find is.

I am still excited, anything we find is another piece in the puzzle. The public will be disappointed, however, which I worry about.