Sign in to follow this  
abs

Г�З-2975 Тигр (GAZ Tigr)

Hi all. I wanted to reveal my latest project. In conjunction with RHS, I am making the GAZ-2975 Tigr. Enough words...here is a picture.

0uBSP.jpg

Right now the exterior model is 100% done. I'm working on the interior LODs.

I'd love to hear feedback; leave a comment if you wish. I'll provide updates as they occur.

Abs

Abs if you weren't on another continent i'd hump you leg. That is lovely!

thats got to be the quote of the day! As Rock says, abs that looks great :)

I'm sure Rock will have some contacts in the RAF and in turn get some contacts to track you down or let him know when you step foot in the country so he can unleash some shaved ape leg humping!

But your model is a million times prettier then that image.

Wanted for so long a Tigr for ruskies instead of those old UAZs.Looks awesome,can't wait to drive around my generals with that beauty.

klassniy Tigr! Looks great!

Thanks!

Abs if you weren't on another continent i'd hump you leg. That is lovely!

I do visit Europe once in a while. Sounds like I'll have to ring you the next time I'm there. ;)

To be quite honest, I was inspired by your Iveco. I saw it after I started this model, but yours is a thing of beauty, too.

thats got to be the quote of the day! As Rock says, abs that looks great :)

His quote isn't the worst I've had said to me. After doing a doubletake, a tranny in a bar said I have a nice "package".

I'm sure Rock will have some contacts in the RAF and in turn get some contacts to track you down or let him know when you step foot in the country so he can unleash some shaved ape leg humping!

But your model is a million times prettier then that image.

So what you're saying is that I should avoid England...

Wanted for so long a Tigr for ruskies instead of those old UAZs.Looks awesome,can't wait to drive around my generals with that beauty.

Well, you'll finally get one for your generals. ;)

Abs is rolling with the Top men now. Top. Men.

Rolling....in my Tigr.

Here's another image from the opposite side for you all. Click the image (not the yellow bar) for a higher res pic.

lmUXd.jpg

Abs

Awesome work as always mate. damn it i wish i could model :P

Awesome work as always mate. damn it i wish i could model :P

Alas you can texture though :). Perhaps abs needs someone to texture it :)

Alas you can texture though :). Perhaps abs needs someone to texture it :)

:) I've already got someone patiently waiting to texture this. Once I finish the interior of the model, I've got to make a few minor edits to the roof so that they line up, and then its off to Topas. :)

Speaking of the interior, here is my progress so far.

9cvAR.jpg

Are you going to make Tigr-M variants with turret mounted weapons eg AGS-30, PKM? :)

At the moment, I'm wrestling one Tigr at a time. I do need to get back to the September 1939 mod, and finish off my Star Trek stuff, too. I'm not saying that I won't do it...I'm just saying "we'll see".

Abs

One thing I learned is that you can spend a lot of time on detail it is never possible to see. The seat mounts on the floor will probably never be visible by the player under any circumstances. Sometimes putting stuff like that in is good for getting the proportion and placement of other parts, but don't go too crazy on details below the dashboard until you have an idea of what the player's body is occluding etc or else you might be doing a feature on 'what you may have missed on the GAZ Tigr'.

It's looking pretty clean and well shaped. Good job.

The hard part about building the interior of any vehicle is that, typically speaking, there are no blueprints to follow. You've got to eyeball most of the dimensions, etc... For now, I'm building the whole interior, and then deleting the parts that won't be seen in the driver proxy vs the cargo proxy. Building everything helps with the proportions of everything else. My rule of thumb is basically: If it's not directly in front of the eyes of the user, then it's low(er) poly.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Abs

Finally someone is making this nice vehicle.

Good luck with it Abs :)

Wonderful looking model, Abs! You've come a long way in a short time with your modeling skills. I love how you have taken the time to painstakingly model everything you would see on a real vehicle. Once you open a door, you'll be able to see how much time and love has gone in to this. That, makes a good modeler. Not forgetting the small things! Now we just need to get you texturing soon! You'll be pimpin' out addons like crazy! And besides, I could use the help. ;)

Finally someone...
ah finally!

Finally! Thanks guys. :)

Abs, your modelling skills are sky rocketting, congrats :)

Thanks. In what way though? (I'm curious, because I want to know what I'm doing right.)

Once you open a door...

Uhhh...about that.

You'll be pimpin' out addons like crazy! And besides, I could use the help. ;)

Are you the only one in Combat! now? Let's c ya.

Abs

Great work Abs, hopefully one of many more models to come :)

Edited by vasmkd

Uhhh...about that. Are you the only one in Combat! now? Let's c ya.

Abs

The doors don't open? Blah! No, Rude is still around. We've just both been busy.

Shaping up that manly beer belly me hopes :thumb_down:

Rudedogs might be, I'm still a skinny nerd. :yay:

Every time you hear RHS the first thing that comes to your mind is Quality Mods, there ain't any other mod makers out there that got this level of detail in their OPFOR mods, except for perhaps BIS themselves. I am always impressed, and pressed into playing with the OPFOR side when RHS announces new mods. This mod looks awesome, looking forward to drive something that ain't cold war and Russian built. Keep up the good work. :459: