Sign in to follow this  
dbelnomi

How do you edit an existing map??

Hi everyone,

I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this, and if this isn't the correct place I'm terribly sorry. So to my question, I have a map I would like to edit (just remove certain buildings and add a larger runway) so the editing would be strictly just the placement and removal of structures and well the pavement of the runway. So how would one go about editing the map? What program would you use to edit the map? Lastly, please be very basic and descriptive on a count of I am not very good at modding.

You can't edit the actual maps unfortunately, they are fixed. You can add stuff via editor, but not remove stuff.

thanks, but is there any way to add the objects without them affecting the frame rate so dramatically?

thanks, but is there any way to add the objects without them affecting the frame rate so dramatically?

Im not sure how to answer that, Any game if you have to load allot of stuff your frame rate will go to hell, Just the way ArmA is coded.

Thanks so much, I have been working on this for a couple of hours although I can't find a way to download Mikeros PBO extract is there a link or other way complete the action?

Objects affect framerate because there's physical simulation going for each one of them at all times due to Real Virtuality not being player centric and not spawning everything 20m away (although it is possible) bla bla bla.

To disable it you will have to add "this enableSimulation false" into each object's INIT line.

Be smart with it however. E.g. if you are doing this in an area where the combat will happen you may get issues like if you have a notebook on the table and somebody will destroy that table - the notebook will remain floating in the air instead of falling to the ground / getting pushed by an explosion.

Also disabling simulation is a great way to reduce processing load for objects beyond draw distance. Like f.e. you should disable it for an airplane that will come only after you called in an airstrike.

Hi everyone,

I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this, and if this isn't the correct place I'm terribly sorry. So to my question, I have a map I would like to edit (just remove certain buildings and add a larger runway) so the editing would be strictly just the placement and removal of structures and well the pavement of the runway. So how would one go about editing the map? What program would you use to edit the map? Lastly, please be very basic and descriptive on a count of I am not very good at modding.

Be sure to get permission from the author first.

Useful link to all things useful. Quick solution for unpacking things ... put DePbo and ExtractPbo in a folder somewheres, drag and drop your .pbo onto the ExtractPbo application. Granted I would highly recommend setting up a P: drive using ArmA2P from Mikero. (lots of threads on that)

To the best of my knowledge, to accomplish what you are wanting to do is really not feasible unless you have the working files for a map. That being said, as Max mentioned, getting permission and additionally those files from the author would be your best bet. The likelihood of that actually happening ... probably not very high. But maybe.

The only other options that come to mind would be to destroy buildings etc.. at mission start. But that really isn't a clever solution with the destruction models and whatnot, and would have little to no effect on surfaces. Not really the answer you're looking for I'm sure, but it's kinda one of those "is what is" type deals. Hope it helps some though.

You want to edit your map, you have only *.wrp file, and the *.pew file is lost.

You can do the following:

-Download the archive with the utility ConvertWrp1.72.rar here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

-Extract it to a directory you want. For example, P:\CA\ConvertWrp

-Download the archive DePbo4.05.rar

-Extract DePbo.dll in the same directory

-Run ConvertWrp.exe, the utility window will appear and you will see all the information you need

You can convert *.wrp file by two ways:

-Use the command line of your operating system. You need to enter the following, for example (ArmA / ArmA II), P:\CA\ConvertWrp\ConvertWrp.exe YourFileName.wrp 60 pew.cfg, and click OK.

-Use a shortcut to your utility. You need to create the shortcut within the directory of the utility (for example, P:\CA\ConvertWrp), open the shortcut dialog and enter the following into field "Object", for example (ArmA / ArmA II), YourFileName.wrp 60 pew.cfg in the end of directory P:\CA\ConvertWrp\ConvertWrp.exe, click Apply and OK.

NOTE: This tool does not provide the correct placement of objects on the map with the resulting *.pew file. Therefore replace the contents of Pew.cfg file with that content here:

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:tools:convertwrp

Edited by VGD

HI... I need some help with that wrp converet..

i instaled it i did put that code in to win com line - convertwrp PMC_ulah_yuryakh.wrp 60 pew.cfg - PMC_ulah_yuryakh is map i need to convert ...

Process start then it saying: missing p3d \ ca\plants2\t_picea1s.p3d.

Other objects like plants2, rocks2 etc are missing to...

Then it saying invalid file , closing pew..I have depbo - 4.11 in the same folder where convert wrp is

Can you pls tell me wtf is going on?

I lost one week for that thing i have enough...

I was trying to convert tut sample map form editing map tutorial and it saying no missing p3d files but invalid name pew close...

I have p: drive i have all plants2 rocks2 ets in ca folder...

Now WTF! is wrong with that wrp converter?..

PLS Help................................!!!!!!!!!!

You should only use that if you have permission from the author or its your own terrain.

That terrain belongs to snakeman and pmc.

I know who is the author i know i need hes premission boy.. But only when i'm using it in public. I need it for my own purpose..You didn't answer my question and that means you don't know nothing about it... If you came for quick replay to show other people how smart you are, well you'r not so pls dont try to teach me boy.. I was asking for help not adivces, if you can not help me, get lost boy.. Wasting my time...

I can easily ascertain that it is you who is the boy.

I replied to inform you that you need permission that is all. If you have it then good.

With an attitude like yours I'm sure you'll get far in this community. Good luck with your project.

Fact remains, you need permission to edit someone elses work, also for personal use only (one dollar for each time i've heard this...personal use). Given your reaction, i have to assume you don't have proper permission. Case closed and so is this thread.