Sign in to follow this  
w4lkn

ARZUELA Project

Arzuela_b.png

In addition to the French Army mod for ArmA 2, another mod is secretly being prepared by our studio for over a year. This project, called ARZUELA, staged a army of a fictitious Latin American country: Arzuela. Originally, this mod was primarily an island but we now believe that only a mod containing arzuelian army will emerge.

Présentation :

Discovered shortly after the Galapagos Islands to the north, in 1535, Arzuela was immediately explored and colonized by the Spaniards. The few natives found there were reduce to slavery and all died very quickly fatigue or diseases brought by the settlers.

From 1535 to 1822, the population of the island is mainly composed of Spanish and some African slaves. She was often exploited for its gold and silver.

From July 1822, the island was proclaimed as territory of Gran Colombia until 1830 and was part of the Ecuadorian province of Galapagos from 1832.

From 1920, several independentists demanded the independence of Arzuela against Ecuador. After 20 years of civil war between independentists and the Ecuadorian government, the island reaches its independence through the Rio Protocol of 29 January 1942 following the defeat of Ecuador during the Peruvian War.

Following its independence, Arzuela put up a republic. This was during the Cold War, in the mid-1960s, as political dissidents came armed with power between the parties and oppositions. This conflict, which lasted nearly a decade, led to an agreement between the different parties in favor of arzuelian Marxist.

This agreement unfavorable to foreign policy of the United States during the Cold War, it secretly financed a coup d'état. This coup consists of several high military officers arzuelienne not conducive to pro-Soviet regime in place, the Chief of Staff of the Air Force, General Alejandro Rodigue, who oversaw the coup status.

January 29, 1983, during the 41st anniversary of the independence of Arzuela, the army stormed the presidential palace. The same evening, Alejandro Rodigue dissolves parliament and established a military regime. The Marxist party was immediately suppressed.

But a few months, the country is experiencing a new armed conflict involving the armed Marxist guerrillas, the FARA (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Arzuela). It is composed of former members of the Marxist party and arzuelian anti-Rodiguerist.

arzuela_c130_1.jpg arzuela_f5_1.jpg arzuela_hummer_1.jpg arzuela_m113_1.jpg

arzuela_m3_1.jpg arzuela_units_1.jpg arzuela_uh60_1.jpg arzuela_m60_1.jpg

Equipment

Fuerzas Armadas del Arzuela

===================

Fuerza Aéréa Arzuelana

- Mirage III

- F-5E Tiger II

- UH-60 BlackHawk

- C-130H Hercules

- UH-1 Huey

- SA330 Puma

- Airbus A320

Ejercito del Arzuela

- Humvee

- M60 Patton

- M113

- M109

- ZSU-23-4

- GAz Ural

- ZSU-23-2

- M198 howitzer

- M252

- Browning M2

- 9K38 Igla

- UH-60 BlackHawk

- UH-1 Huey

- AS350 Écureuil

- Mil Mi-17

Armada del Arzuela

- AS350 Écureuil

- Mil Mi-8

===================

Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias del Arzuela

===================

- Mil Mi-8

- An-2

- Jeep Willys

- GAz Ural

- ZSU-23-2

- D30

- DShK

For more information, visit our official website : http://studio-maf.arma2.fr/

Edited by W4lkn

Damn, this looks like my Lingor project & GAL troops =)

this looks good but your right ice i thought for a sec that one of the screenshots was taken on lingor

Damn, this looks like my Lingor project & GAL troops =)

Yes, indeed it is a coincidence, because the project had been decided shortly before the first release of Lingor. ;) But with no island, our troops stationed on Lingor :p

this looks good but your right ice i thought for a sec that one of the screenshots was taken on lingor

All the screenshot above, were taken on Lingor because it is the island that is closest to our project.

Yes, indeed it is a coincidence, because the project had been decided shortly before the first release of Lingor. ;) But with no island, our troops stationed on Lingor :p

All the screenshot above, were taken on Lingor because it is the island that is closest to our project.

i knew that mountain lookt like a place i just flew past delivering my cocain :p

Argentina + Venezuela = ArZuela??! lol

Its a mix of both army assets?

good news!

few questions:

-will there be SP missions or a campaign with the release?

-what is the model of the BH in the screen?

-will fastrope integrated to the BH?

Will these guys be on independent or blufor?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Or opfor?

I should have added that too.

Will these guys be on independent or blufor?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Or opfor?

I should have added that too.

Armed forces of Arzuela will be independent and arzuelians revolutionaries armed forces will be OPFOR ;)

few questions:

-will there be SP missions or a campaign with the release?

-what is the model of the BH in the screen?

-will fastrope integrated to the BH?

- Maybe :rolleyes:

- The UH60 is BIS models

- Same answer as the first question :p

Edited by W4lkn

I'm always excited to see new factions being created for ArmA. These look really superb.

In regards to designing your island, please, if it's at all possible, try to maximize the use of enterable structures. There are some fairly decent AI scripts available now that do a pretty good job of getting the AI to garrison buildings (such as zorilya's Garrison script, and then the AI modules from Group Link 4).

While the completely solid and completely unenterable buildings look nice, they really reduce the range of tactical options, whereas the enterable buildings extend them.

If one's tired of seeing the same enterable buildings, perhaps they could be retextured in brighter colors, both inside and outside of the structures?

In any case, I'm fired up after seeing this project. Thank you for the previews!

Members of the arzuelians armed forces were taken hostage by the revolutionary forces. The paratroopers of the Army and Air Force were sent to Lingor

arzuela_f5_2.jpg arzuela_units_6.jpg

arzuela_units_4.jpg arzuela_units_5.jpg arzuela_units_3.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS !

Edited by W4lkn

@W4lkn

This looks great, just so I don’t get confused (funny age I’m at:o), there is no terrain with this ?

Sorry, my English is bad: no ;)

x68_thumb_cf2b0c87.jpg.pagespeed.ic.YdzwiCLNA5.jpg x68_thumb_d40040b2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.i4cvgTsswP.jpg

68_thumb_f1813c7c.jpg 68_thumb_ae6d011d.jpg 68_thumb_ae1f5079.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS !

Edited by W4lkn

Good job guys

Everything is looking great so far and it'll be a nice addition to any tropical island.

Keep up the good work

Hey great to see some south/middle americana guerrilla stuff. Great work so far.

I'm in favor of any kind of cooperation between Addons/Mods studios, so...

Maybee you could ask this polish guy vilis or vilnes or something like that for a russian model with jack boots, because south american guerrilla most of the times wear gumboots.

Give them more AKM's, AK 47, M16A1 and FN FAL. A bit more brown latino skin tones and a PASGT vest or russian vest, baclavas and stuff. Make them more varying and improvised you know.

And check out how Rockstar Studios personated middle american guerrillas with the "united souls of the people" para.

PS: I still have a woodland retexture laying around for the Arma2 USMC infantry, maybee you can use it. PN me if you are interessted.

turn the spec down on the MirageIII and it will make those darker textures look 1000 times better.

I love the cammo on the troops