Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

Any chance you have looked at what's causing AI flown Helo, when fast roping a 4 man team, not to be able to get all 4 men to the ground (with 1 of them usually hung up still on helo). I know your busy, so no worries. Just curious.

I've looked into this today, and tryed every MH-47 with 4 men squad fast roping, and it works fine for me. On all of my try's, none of them got stuck? :confused:

I've looked into this today, and tryed every MH-47 with 4 men squad fast roping, and it works fine for me. On all of my try's, none of them got stuck? :confused:

Huh. What I'm having now, is I make sure my guys load first. I then load and am placed as far up toward front of MH47 seat as possible. We get to target location. I click the "deploy fast ropes". I then watch as #2 and #3 guy go. Then my #4 and I go at same time. Yet now, 1 person is almost always KIA (usually 2 of us) and I notice I seem to fall the last several feel (not on rope). I've tried from 25 feet to 35 feet. All with same result. This using Tora Bora map. I've yet to see all 4 surive fast roping in. It works great for those that do survive and the ropes are cut away (dropped) and helo flys off perfectly...

I'm using A2/CO patched to 1.61 (not the latest patch, perhaps that is the issue?).

UPDATE - Just tested on Fallugah map and it works perfectly!! Perhaps it is Tora Bora map??

Update #2 - Yep, tested it out on Clafghan map as well. Works great! As long as you find very level area for the Fast Rope drop! Great work! Much appreciated. Scopping out very level drop areas is key (and getting AI pilots to put you there!). Thanks again.

Edited by meade95

I too have noticed, and have my self went down the ropes only to be dropped off the rope about 3/4th's the way down! it don't look right either, maby adjust the scrpt to eject the men off the ropes about half a meter down? Personally I have only Fast Roped a few times in my life and only in training(Both Military & Fire Fighter Training) and I personally would sorta let go off the rope either a foot off the ground or hold on all the way bending my knees as I hit the ground(so they act like shocks absorbers)...atleast thats what I do now at the Fire Station sliding down the shiny poles lol..its kind of like repeling, but with a really stiff rope lmao!

Dave,

Huh. What I'm having now, is I make sure my guys load first. I then load and am placed as far up toward front of MH47 seat as possible. We get to target location. I click the "deploy fast ropes". I then watch as #2 and #3 guy go. Then my #4 and I go at same time. Yet now, 1 person is almost always KIA (usually 2 of us) and I notice I seem to fall the last several feel (not on rope). I've tried from 25 feet to 35 feet. All with same result. This using Tora Bora map. I've yet to see all 4 surive fast roping in. It works great for those that do survive and the ropes are cut away (dropped) and helo flys off perfectly...

I'm using A2/CO patched to 1.61 (not the latest patch, perhaps that is the issue?).

UPDATE - Just tested on Fallugah map and it works perfectly!! Perhaps it is Tora Bora map??

Update #2 - Yep, tested it out on Clafghan map as well. Works great! As long as you find very level area for the Fast Rope drop! Great work! Much appreciated. Scopping out very level drop areas is key (and getting AI pilots to put you there!). Thanks again.

Ok thats good. Thanks for updating me on that issue :D

I too have noticed, and have my self went down the ropes only to be dropped off the rope about 3/4th's the way down! it don't look right either, maby adjust the scrpt to eject the men off the ropes about half a meter down? Personally I have only Fast Roped a few times in my life and only in training(Both Military & Fire Fighter Training) and I personally would sorta let go off the rope either a foot off the ground or hold on all the way bending my knees as I hit the ground(so they act like shocks absorbers)...atleast thats what I do now at the Fire Station sliding down the shiny poles lol..its kind of like repeling, but with a really stiff rope lmao!

Dave,

I cant adjust the scripts, only norrin can. However I think the ropes look good and work fine as they are :p So you're have to make do with what you have haha! Sorry if that sounded rude, It wasn't intended too but thats my honest general opinion :D

EDIT: Just to let you all know this afternoon I've made the "Hardcore" version and corrected the digital cockpit screen textures, for example the East & West on the wrong side of the compass :p

Yeah, I did mention the compass but deleted it because I discovered it was correct on Zargabad, but not on Lingor, i.e. it worked for me on a vanilla map but not a custom map. Was that an error with the helicopter, as opposed to the map?

Also, I haven't quite understood the disembarking problem. Is it just the AI that's affected by it, or players as well?

Yeah, I did mention the compass but deleted it because I discovered it was correct on Zargabad, but not on Lingor, i.e. it worked for me on a vanilla map but not a custom map. Was that an error with the helicopter, as opposed to the map?

Also, I haven't quite understood the disembarking problem. Is it just the AI that's affected by it, or players as well?

Ah I only moved the compass indicators around as tested it in the Desert map and the compass was wrong like you reported. However you saying it worked on Zargabad, I just tested it on Zargabad and it displays the wrong way again now lol. So I'm guessing it's to do with the map layout. Not sure how BIS overlooked that, will look into it a bit more. If not could be a little niggle we have to live with :confused:

Regarding the error when disembarking, on the old version when you use to get your AI crew to disembark, they would very rarely get killed/injured.

Ok, that's strange, I was sure it was correct on Zargabad, but I'll have another look.

If it's just the AI that get's injured/killed, I really look forward to the hard core version, as I'm sure many of us out there don't really use AI on our own side of course, which means there shouldn't be a problem.

Do you have any clue as to why the altitude meter works when the chopper is tilted to the right or left, but not when it's leveled out?

Other than that, still an awesome addon, keep it up!

Ok, that's strange, I was sure it was correct on Zargabad, but I'll have another look.

If it's just the AI that get's injured/killed, I really look forward to the hard core version, as I'm sure many of us out there don't really use AI on our own side of course, which means there shouldn't be a problem.

Do you have any clue as to why the altitude meter works when the chopper is tilted to the right or left, but not when it's leveled out?

Other than that, still an awesome addon, keep it up!

Sorry, I ment before I changed the compass texture, west over to east etc it was working fine on Zargabad, but after I changed it to correct the error you reported its wrong, but it's right on Desert map. If that makes sense? :D

Yes, will maybe get the new update out to everyone tomorrow, as fingers crossed no other bugs has been reported :D Yay!

The 0 on the alt meter is because of the roadway LOD, because it has a walkable interior so when it's in a hover, it's detecting the flat roadway LOD, which thinks its the ground but its not.

Ah, ok. Sort of suspected you meant that, but then again I suspected you meant the other way more.

Ok, then I also understand the altitude thing. Works out well enough though, if I desperatly need to know my altitude I could always bring a DAGR, or just tilt the heli to one side a bit.

Ok, then I also understand the altitude thing. Works out well enough though, if I desperatly need to know my altitude I could always bring a DAGR, or just tilt the heli to one side a bit.

Or if you need to check your altitude you can check the "Old School" Altitude Instrument in the cockpit (Middle Section) :p

Oh, that's what those things are there for? I thought it was just shiny funny things to keep the kids calm for long road trips :D

Edited by scrim
Added a D to road. No letter left behind!

Oh, that's what those things are there for? I thought it was just shiny funny things to keep the kids calm for long roa trips :D

They are indeed haha! Might aswel make use of them :D

Hi Konyo.

Sorry to hear you don't like it, it was the only way to fix the killed/injured bug when disembarking.

In the RAF Chinook, your based your work on, there was never (if done properly) an issue with disembarking inside the chopper... We used it for couple of months @TF86 without any issues. Of course, the Cargo needs to leave organised... otherwise someone will be on top of the cabin.

In the first prototype for the fast rope from Norrin, you even had to "get out" inside the chopper, walk to the ramp and than fastrope down. And except some small issues, the dissembarking worked wonderfull...

Just saying.

Good work on the Glass Cockpit. Nice to see the analog gauges gone.

Hi Konyo.

In the RAF Chinook, your based your work on, there was never (if done properly) an issue with disembarking inside the chopper... We used it for couple of months @TF86 without any issues. Of course, the Cargo needs to leave organised... otherwise someone will be on top of the cabin.

In the first prototype for the fast rope from Norrin, you even had to "get out" inside the chopper, walk to the ramp and than fastrope down. And except some small issues, the dissembarking worked wonderfull...

Just saying.

Good work on the Glass Cockpit. Nice to see the analog gauges gone.

Did you try disembarking with the AI when you were using it at TF86? Or we're you using all players?

Just checked on the original RAF model and the same error happened? :confused:

The prototype fast roping sounded good & interested, but sounds like it would take a lot of time to get roped down in a fire fight lol.

I think the fast roping on it now is ok :D

The prototype fast roping sounded good & interested, but sounds like it would take a lot of time to get roped down in a fire fight lol.

I think the fast roping on it now is ok :D

Well, fastroping isn't exactly fast, hence landing is a more popular option if space permits (and safer), the time it takes for a hover, ropes to be dropped, each person to rope, ropes to be cut and then move on is longer than if a full crew was standing, you land and they run straight out the back.

Well, fastroping isn't exactly fast, hence landing is a more popular option if space permits (and safer), the time it takes for a hover, ropes to be dropped, each person to rope, ropes to be cut and then move on is longer than if a full crew was standing, you land and they run straight out the back.

My Unit pretty much does the same. Hovering and dropping the ropes then waiting for guys to 'fastrope' usually meant we'd loose the helo and those still on it to OPFOR fire.

Sorry you will have to make do with the fast roping.. :D I personally think it works fine and does what it's indented to do.

Hey Konyo, just came across this mod over at the GTA4-Mods site, sure its a rip of your mod. Thought id let you know :)

Hey Konyo, just came across this mod over at the GTA4-Mods site, sure its a rip of your mod. Thought id let you know :)

"December 26, 2012 11:26AM"

Yep, looks like it, pretty damn typical of the GTA community; If you check the 'author's' page there's pretty much every popular mod for arma, Yurapetrov's hawk's, Franze's OH-58, a bunch of models he admits are ripped from HAWX, ect.

Edited by Scarecrow398

His page is nothing but BF3/BF2/CoD/HAWX/etc. etc. etc.

We've had run-ins with this guy before and reported his links to BIS, who then had them taken down. It seems his "fans" reuploaded them for him and he's still at it.

I already told him about this one, but i can confirm it's not the same model after looking at the pictures for some time i can say that this model is not the one made by Konyo.

"December 26, 2012 11:26AM"

Yep, looks like it, pretty damn typical of the GTA community; If you check the 'author's' page there's pretty much every popular mod for arma, Yurapetrov's hawk's, Franze's OH-58, a bunch of models he admits are ripped from HAWX, ect.

yurapetrov's blackhawks has not been ported over to gta not by this guy at least. they are taken from another simulator

I already told him about this one, but i can confirm it's not the same model after looking at the pictures for some time i can say that this model is not the one made by Konyo.

yurapetrov's blackhawks has not been ported over to gta not by this guy at least. they are taken from another simulator

Yeah... I looked at the same pictures. I'm pretty damn sure it's his model shaved down for GTA. Even has the same shitty red webbing seats in the back. It looks like it's lost detail and it might have a new exterior texture, but that's it.

He's converted just about every vanilla ArmA model and most addons and put them in "his" packs. Even the little RQ-11 Raven.

Yeah... I looked at the same pictures. I'm pretty damn sure it's his model shaved down for GTA. Even has the same shitty red webbing seats in the back. It looks like it's lost detail and it might have a new exterior texture, but that's it.

Look at the picture from the side of the heli, Konyo's version dosn't have that sensor on the middle above the windows and it also dosn't have a top ramp part, Which on the GTA version is placed wrong. Konyo told me it wasn't hes model and it looked like the one from FSX

Look at the picture from the side of the heli, Konyo's version dosn't have that sensor on the middle above the windows and it also dosn't have a top ramp part, Which on the GTA version is placed wrong. Konyo told me it wasn't hes model and it looked like the one from FSX

Yes I can confirm its not my model. It's the Flight Simulator Model as it has a few marking/parts different from mine.

Thanks for reporting it though. Keep it up :D