Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

What license is this released under, mind if I ask?

What do you mean? Just the standard BIS ArmA2 Addon Makers License? :confused:

Edited by konyo

Is it impossible to set the flyinheight when the helicopter is flying? It seems to ignore it...

Is it impossible to set the flyinheight when the helicopter is flying? It seems to ignore it...

It should work, I havn't told it to disable it in the config. Heck I dont know if you even can disable it?

Maybe the alt meter is reading 0 so It ignore's the command? Ill look into.

I would imagine it would be under the Standard Addon Makers License and the BIS EULA. If you asking to modify or use the addon in another form i would ask Konyo as it is addon at the end of the day.

Ok. I just click "deploy fast ropes" for it to work. Thanks.

But now, I've noticed. On a four man team. My 4th member almost always gets stuck and does not fast rope. Once I order him down (after he is stuck). The Helo will look for place to land.

I believe the spotter guy standing in back of Helo is what is causing the problem.

This is when using AI pilot and a 4 man team -

Edited by meade95

Ok. I just click "deploy fast ropes" for it to work. Thanks.

But now, I've noticed. On a four man team. My 4th member almost always gets stuck and does not fast rope. Once I order him down (after he is stuck). The Helo will look for place to land.

I believe the spotter guy standing in back of Helo is what is causing the problem.

This is when using AI pilot and a 4 man team -

What variant of the MH-47E are you using when this error happens? The fixed ramp version by any chance?

The fast-rope and the sling-rope addons are released with the following license; its in the .pbos if you care to look for it:

"TERMS OF USE

All files included in this addon are the property of the original authors. These files are for ArmA2 only and are not to be ported into any game including any variation of the ArmA series without permission.

No files are to be modified or used without permission from norrin and/or konyo . This includes models, scripts and configs. This addon is not to be used for commercial or military purposes without the authors' prior consent."

What variant of the MH-47E are you using when this error happens? The fixed ramp version by any chance?

Actually, no, it's the other verison (that allows for movement of the ramp).

Nice update...sadly really gonna miss having the troops run in/out the back instead of the unrealistic "magical spawning" outside the choppper! Anyways to please put that back in , in maby a seprate thing, or somehow make it so you can choose where to spawn..though of course i am talking out my ass and that stuff probably is not possible, but hey figured i would ask!

Dave,

ok, I have noticed an issue, an issue for me anyways, that when you have the AI fly around the map, the helo will continuously increase altitude... even if you use a command line like "h1 flyinheight 60;", it doesnt work. it just keeps increasing altitude... ive tried all different ways... cant get it to maintain altitude...

Has anyone else had this issue?

ok, I have noticed an issue, an issue for me anyways, that when you have the AI fly around the map, the helo will continuously increase altitude... even if you use a command line like "h1 flyinheight 60;", it doesnt work. it just keeps increasing altitude... ive tried all different ways... cant get it to maintain altitude...

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yea its been pointed out a few times, i assume its due to the altitude appearing as 0 when level or what ever and the AI taking it up the height that you've set.

It seems to settle back down to the specified height during landing/halt though.

The fast-rope and the sling-rope addons are released with the following license; its in the .pbos if you care to look for it:

"TERMS OF USE

All files included in this addon are the property of the original authors. These files are for ArmA2 only and are not to be ported into any game including any variation of the ArmA series without permission.

No files are to be modified or used without permission from norrin and/or konyo . This includes models, scripts and configs. This addon is not to be used for commercial or military purposes without the authors' prior consent."

That's correct, norrin has it all cleared out. Thanks mate :D

But also, the licence for the kyo_mh47e.pbo is stated in the readme too.

Actually, no, it's the other verison (that allows for movement of the ramp).

Ok Thanks, will look into it.

Nice update...sadly really gonna miss having the troops run in/out the back instead of the unrealistic "magical spawning" outside the choppper! Anyways to please put that back in , in maby a seprate thing, or somehow make it so you can choose where to spawn..though of course i am talking out my ass and that stuff probably is not possible, but hey figured i would ask!

Dave,

Sadly that can't be done, if I was to put it back to how it was originally, we would be back to square one with that error where it sometimes kills the crew upon disembarking. So im afraid I can't do anything about that. Sorry :(

Yea its been pointed out a few times, i assume its due to the altitude appearing as 0 when level or what ever and the AI taking it up the height that you've set.

It seems to settle back down to the specified height during landing/halt though.

Correct, we could always get around that error by removing the roadway LOD, which will stop all these error's described with the flying height etc, but you will loose your walkable interior.. :confused:

Correct, we could always get around that error by removing the roadway LOD, which will stop all these error's described with the flying height etc, but you will loose your walkable interior.. :confused:

Heh, imo, the walkable interior is the key feature.

Do you guys have a good multiplayer mission that use this chopper (for 5-8 players)?

Thank you :)

Regarding the altitude, it only says 0 when the helicopter is sort of levelled out. It works if tilted right or left.

The variation meter doesn't seem to work either on some custom maps, so that might not have to do with the addon entirely.

And one final note: The numbers on the angle thing (the screen that is red and blue, showing you how much the helicopter is tilted forwards or backwards) are up side down.

Other than that it's 100% awesome!

Edited by scrim

I have to agree with a bunch of the other folks here - the big reason we used this helo was that we could all disembark from the rear when it landed or hovered. Now you're dumped out the forward right side of the aircraft which defeats one of it's most important features - the rear ramp! We were actually deploying out the ramp onto buildings with the chinook hovering and now that's all gone. Also it seems that you have to run all the way to the front of the aircraft to choose a position to sit in. Maybe this isn't a problem for 1 or 2 guys but when you have 8+ its a real pain.

Frankly - the update broke the thing, especially the spawning out the side of the aircraft.

The numbers on the angle thing (the screen that is red and blue, showing you how much the helicopter is tilted forwards or backwards) are up side down.

Whoops! Yes I remember Yura pointing this out when I showed him pictures when I built the digital cockpit.

It totally skipped my mind and I forgot about it. I will fix that in another new version.

I have to agree with a bunch of the other folks here - the big reason we used this helo was that we could all disembark from the rear when it landed or hovered. Now you're dumped out the forward right side of the aircraft which defeats one of it's most important features - the rear ramp! We were actually deploying out the ramp onto buildings with the chinook hovering and now that's all gone. Also it seems that you have to run all the way to the front of the aircraft to choose a position to sit in. Maybe this isn't a problem for 1 or 2 guys but when you have 8+ its a real pain.

Frankly - the update broke the thing, especially the spawning out the side of the aircraft.

Sorry to hear you don't like it, it was the only way to fix the killed/injured bug when disembarking.

Although... I could always include a "hardcore" version of the MH47. Where you get out inside the helicopter like it was originally? What class would you want it as? The MH47E or the Fixed Ramp Version?

Hi Konyo , a hardcore version will be very cool ! and for me the version is the MH47E normal version (with the fuel prob and the non fixed ramp) , Also i have one thing to say the thing that you need to go inside the chopper to have the option isn't really bad we're 30 and we don't have any problem for that and we like it :p

Edit : one thing i can't deploy the transport rope with the mh47E normal version , i can with the other !

I can't say I'm a bottom less well of scripting knowledge, but if there's a problem with people getting wounded or killed when disembarking inside the helicopter, what about adding some allowdamage false that applies for all units disembarking for 2-3 seconds?

Hi Konyo , a hardcore version will be very cool ! and for me the version is the MH47E normal version (with the fuel prob and the non fixed ramp) , Also i have one thing to say the thing that you need to go inside the chopper to have the option isn't really bad we're 30 and we don't have any problem for that and we like it :p

Edit : one thing i can't deploy the transport rope with the mh47E normal version , i can with the other !

Will sort out a "hardcore" version soon.

What do you mean by transport rope? Fast ropes or Cargo ropes? Lol :D

EDIT: Just tryed the Slingropes with the normal MH-47E version & it works fine for me.

Make sure your including the new/correct .pbo file.

I can't say I'm a bottom less well of scripting knowledge, but if there's a problem with people getting wounded or killed when disembarking inside the helicopter, what about adding some allowdamage false that applies for all units disembarking for 2-3 seconds?

Don't think that would work neither, as when they disembark inside the Helicopter, they can't find there way out and sometimes they just stay walking against the fuselage when the door is on the other side.

EDIT: Just to let you all know this afternoon I've made the "Hardcore" version and corrected the digital cockpit screen textures, for example the East & West on the wrong side of the compass :p

Edited by konyo

EDIT: Just to let you all know this afternoon I've made the "Hardcore" version and corrected the digital cockpit screen textures, for example the East & West on the wrong side of the compass

See Konyo...I knew you would think of something ;) Also any chance for both the version with and without the Fuel Probe to be a "Hardcore" version too?

Btw I have a few other neat little Demo Missions for you so you can add them to the next Update..all I am going to say is they may involve a CRRC or an ATV ;) And I am doing alot of fixes for the current Mission-Clear House, will send you the stuff asap!

Dave,

Hi Konyo;

The non-fixed ramp version of the MH-47E would be the preferred aircraft for us 'hardcore' types. The trick we found was that you have to set a key to 'get out' instead of using the scroll wheel selection process - then when the helo would come to a hover the pilot would tell us to "get out" and we'd then run out the back. Worked great once we figured out that the scroll wheel selection could be screwed up by your fellow passengers selecting the same thing at the same time (we had quite a few ejection seat fires at first). We don't often fast rope due to how long the aircraft has to stay in hover (it attracts way too much fire with ASR_AI working) so we'd rather hit the ground running - so to speak.

Thanks for all your work on this mod, its excellent.

See Konyo...I knew you would think of something ;) Also any chance for both the version with and without the Fuel Probe to be a "Hardcore" version too?

Btw I have a few other neat little Demo Missions for you so you can add them to the next Update..all I am going to say is they may involve a CRRC or an ATV ;) And I am doing alot of fixes for the current Mission-Clear House, will send you the stuff asap!

Dave,

Haha! There's always a walk around to an error or fix :p

I could make both, but it create's a bigger file size. I have no problem making it as it only takes 5 minutes. All up to the community, as your be the one's playing it. So what do we all reckon? :D

The missions sound great, can't wait to see what work you have done. ATV designed mission sounds interesting :D

Hi Konyo;

The non-fixed ramp version of the MH-47E would be the preferred aircraft for us 'hardcore' types. The trick we found was that you have to set a key to 'get out' instead of using the scroll wheel selection process - then when the helo would come to a hover the pilot would tell us to "get out" and we'd then run out the back. Worked great once we figured out that the scroll wheel selection could be screwed up by your fellow passengers selecting the same thing at the same time (we had quite a few ejection seat fires at first). We don't often fast rope due to how long the aircraft has to stay in hover (it attracts way too much fire with ASR_AI working) so we'd rather hit the ground running - so to speak.

Thanks for all your work on this mod, its excellent.

No problem :D I'll roll out an update soon.

Any chance you have looked at what's causing AI flown Helo, when fast roping a 4 man team, not to be able to get all 4 men to the ground (with 1 of them usually hung up still on helo). I know your busy, so no worries. Just curious.