Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

Version v1.1 Release.. Check 1st post for details & Download link :o

I just love the one without the probe :D

And also the one with :D

Regards Astast

Version v1.1 Release.. Check 1st post for details & Download link :o

Congrats on your new release :). I would love to see a normal CH47 with similar features :)

The short range one looks kind of weird - in a good way=) Love all the improvements! So far no bugs or errors.

Congrats on your new release :). I would love to see a normal CH47 with similar features :)

Soon.. I will start working on the normal CH47. Maybe after Christmas and the New Year :D

The short range one looks kind of weird - in a good way=) Love all the improvements! So far no bugs or errors.

I love the look of the Short Range Version. Looks much cooler without the Fuel Probe :D

Thanks for sending us the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks for the Mirror :D

Nonsense! The fuel probe adds a phallic symbol to the MH-47, thus making it even cooler :p

Is that with the AI getting out as ride in back? Or your crew getting out from left gunner & right gunner etc?

With people riding in back getting off via the ramp

BTW, has the fastrope problem been fixed?

With people riding in back getting off via the ramp

Yes that's been fixed, the Cargo Position's have been moved back, so you now get out outside the helicopter instead of inside the cargo area :D

BTW, has the fastrope problem been fixed?

If your talking about the error where he gets stuck in the fixed ramp version, then yes it has. Myself and norrin couldnt re-create the error with a moved Geometry LOD.

Great job on the update Konyo....and a huge thanks for taking all of our feedback and suggestions and implementing them. Cheers and keep up the good work.

Awesome update.

Question, does the flag have to be replaced in the texture file or can you settexture it somehow?

Was testing this 12/17/2012, Alot of sling-load functionality didn't work. I think this is because of the Ace Sling rope is attached to the spine of the aircraft making larger Vech's Clip threw and we all know what happens when something clips threw any helicopter not a good ending. Smaller Vech's like the ATV worked but larger like the GMV and other Humvees did not sadly, A stryker sling loaded made the helicopter teleport a kilometer away resulting in the destruction of both and the ending of the crew. Ejecting still ejected the entire crew killing the pilot because the pilot is stuck in the aircraft, Jumping out and, getting out while in flight don't allow for any type of airborne activitys

Will look into this.. Is that when the AI are riding in back as cargo? Or when there getting out as gunners/copilot?

It's when the AI is riding in the back as the cargo. When I order them to disembark they get stuck on the ramp or on that guy standing near the ramp (dosen't know what he's called). And when the chopper fly away they fall out like paper and die. :D

EDIT: Nevermind, the latest version fixed this, good job!

Edited by PaperPlane

Having an issue where as soon as you come to a hover close enough to a drop zone, the passengers just jump out of the back. It's as soon as I get low enough to deploy the fast ropes, but I never give the order to deploy the ropes, they just decided to suicide dive on their own

Awesome update.

Question, does the flag have to be replaced in the texture file or can you settexture it somehow?

No the texture file dosen't have to be replaced, you have to use setObjectTexture in the mission to display your own flag/logo. Check the readme on how to do it. It's all briefly explained in there :p

Was testing this 12/17/2012, Alot of sling-load functionality didn't work. I think this is because of the Ace Sling rope is attached to the spine of the aircraft making larger Vech's Clip threw and we all know what happens when something clips threw any helicopter not a good ending. Smaller Vech's like the ATV worked but larger like the GMV and other Humvees did not sadly, A stryker sling loaded made the helicopter teleport a kilometer away resulting in the destruction of both and the ending of the crew. Ejecting still ejected the entire crew killing the pilot because the pilot is stuck in the aircraft, Jumping out and, getting out while in flight don't allow for any type of airborne activitys

When you was testing it i take it you were playing using ACE? As they sound like ACE errors since you any sling ATV's with the standard non-ace slingloading scripts.

Having an issue where as soon as you come to a hover close enough to a drop zone, the passengers just jump out of the back. It's as soon as I get low enough to deploy the fast ropes, but I never give the order to deploy the ropes, they just decided to suicide dive on their own

Hmm thats sounds a bit odd. Can you explain in more detail please of what you were attempting to do in the mission so I can re-create this error and start looking into it :D

Edited by konyo

Pretty much is I just went into the editor, placed a 47, put a razor team in the back using movincargo, then gave the chinook a transport unload wp, synced it with get out wp, the flew to the waypoint and when I pulled to a hover a little before the waypoint, once I got to about the height where you would deploy fast ropes they all just started jumping outta the back and all plunged to their death. Not running any mods besides CBA and the 47 when I tried this...on Utes if it makes any difference

I think it is because of the 0 altitude Made to make the interior walkable.

As it is set to 0, the AI may think they are on the ground and disembark.

Love the MH47s. And options. Though am finding Fast Roping of AI (with AI pilots) to be somewhat difficult. Either all men don't go out, or Helo drifts very badly (which is okay some). When I click the "release fast ropes'. Should my next command simply be to my teammates "disembark". And What should I do. Lead the way, or them first and then me??

Im loving the chopper mate, thanks so much... but with saying that, I would love to see the "Anti-Collision Lights" script working for it and also the main search light

on the front of the chopper like it has anyways. Also dunno if its a conflict im having but both versions ive used so far the wipers are not working, not a biggy but thought

id let you know anyways.

I would also like to give you a ambient sound of inside one of these babies if you want, I tried putting it on the chopper myself but to no avail, maybe you can make use of

it which makes the ambience of the chopper much more realistic than the game itself.

Thanks again.

Pretty much is I just went into the editor, placed a 47, put a razor team in the back using movincargo, then gave the chinook a transport unload wp, synced it with get out wp, the flew to the waypoint and when I pulled to a hover a little before the waypoint, once I got to about the height where you would deploy fast ropes they all just started jumping outta the back and all plunged to their death. Not running any mods besides CBA and the 47 when I tried this...on Utes if it makes any difference
I think it is because of the 0 altitude Made to make the interior walkable.

As it is set to 0, the AI may think they are on the ground and disembark.

What Wiki said, I think it could be because of the walkable interior, which shows the alt at 0.

But thanks, I'll do what you said and see if I can re-create it and see what the altitude meter says when it happens :)

Love the MH47s. And options. Though am finding Fast Roping of AI (with AI pilots) to be somewhat difficult. Either all men don't go out, or Helo drifts very badly (which is okay some). When I click the "release fast ropes'. Should my next command simply be to my teammates "disembark". And What should I do. Lead the way, or them first and then me??

We're you piloting? Or was the AI? If your riding in back it should be the "deploy fast ropes" option, then wait and it does it all for you until you are on the ground. Works the same way if your pilot and want to fast rope your crew.

Im loving the chopper mate, thanks so much... but with saying that, I would love to see the "Anti-Collision Lights" script working for it and also the main search light

on the front of the chopper like it has anyways. Also dunno if its a conflict im having but both versions ive used so far the wipers are not working, not a biggy but thought

id let you know anyways.

I would also like to give you a ambient sound of inside one of these babies if you want, I tried putting it on the chopper myself but to no avail, maybe you can make use of

it which makes the ambience of the chopper much more realistic than the game itself.

Thanks again.

I'll look into a anti-collision script :p

Would be good for those stealty night missions.

Sorry about the search light, I removed it as it looks so ugly. Hate the white area on the ground which you can see for miles up, and it's supposed to be stealty so that's another reason I removed it :D

Regarding thr wipers, few other people have reported the wipers not working. I think it maybe because your gaming system? Only a guess because it's a fast and short animation. I'll still have to look into it though, maybe change animation names and see if that makes any difference.

& yes if you could send me those sounds you have that would be great, thanks :D

Anything to improve this chopper is needed :D

Sent you a PM with the sounds mate. :)

As for saying "maybe my gaming system" lol... no chance, got a beauty here playing all games on the market right now at Maximum, so I doubt its to do with my system :)

Thank again.

Sent you a PM with the sounds mate. :)

As for saying "maybe my gaming system" lol... no chance, got a beauty here playing all games on the market right now at Maximum, so I doubt its to do with my system :)

Thank again.

Thanks, just recieved the email and will download when I get in :) Should hopefully put them to use :D

Ha! Sorry that's the only reason why I thought it may not of worked.. I really don't know why it does that.

I'll have to try a few different ways of getting them to animate, maybe a script error then :p