Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

hi konyo

great work! piece of art!

however, dunno whether it's a bug or not, I noticed that your chopper takes too much speed compared to the original model.

I mean, if I want to slow it down, I really have to break its course, and doing so makes me take some height...

when the chopper is at 0°, it takes speed, same thing if the nose is a little bit up to the sky - whereas, in this position, it should lose speed.

anyway, great work on the chopper!

The speed and clim seems to be accurate to the real MH47E i think the problem is more on arma's physics, it just seem to take too long to slow down a object with the defined weight, though if it was heavier it would be sluggish like the Mi-8's its a real fine balance, imo i think its fine where it is, just a little bit of practice to get used to it.

I mean, if I want to slow it down, I really have to break its course, and doing so makes me take some height...

when the chopper is at 0°, it takes speed, same thing if the nose is a little bit up to the sky - whereas, in this position, it should lose speed.

I noticed this as well when I first tried it out. I think that may be intended, to make the helo more harder to control, as it is a big beast. Cheers! :)

EDIT: Oops, Scarecrow398 beat me to it. :o

Uhm, not a native speaker of English, but you know, the thing that measures speed. Not the HUD, but the one on the dashboard/instrument panel. Also, it seems that when I activate Auto Hover, the altitude meter on the HUD goes to zero.

No problem, thats being fixed now as i write :D

I noticed this as well when I first tried it out. I think that may be intended, to make the helo more harder to control, as it is a big beast. Cheers! :)

EDIT: Oops, Scarecrow398 beat me to it. :o

Yeah, it takes some getting use to :p

Hey konyo, is it true you will be making a standard U.S. Army version aswell? And if so could you try to make the shades of green match up to Yurapetrovs blackhawks? As they have the most realistic shades of color so far on most arma2 helos including the BIS U.S. Army helos!

Dave,

Hey konyo, is it true you will be making a standard U.S. Army version aswell? And if so could you try to make the shades of green match up to Yurapetrovs blackhawks? As they have the most realistic shades of color so far on most arma2 helos including the BIS U.S. Army helos!

Dave,

IRL CH-47Fs are painted a different color than the standard hawk, apache or kiowa. theyre more tan then green:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1920&bih=936&tbm=isch&tbnid=sg9f7r-gaiI5YM:&imgrefurl=http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Army/Boeing-CH-47F-Chinook/1358128/L/&docid=IrfeCiWcy_cT1M&imgurl=http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/2/1/1358128.jpg&w=1200&h=812&ei=mx-tUPesK6eP0QGl-oHgDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=904&vpy=467&dur=933&hovh=185&hovw=273&tx=130&ty=104&sig=107580401425711553867&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=203&start=0&ndsp=45&ved=1t:429,r:22,s:0,i:159

Another for the list of to-do's :P

Not a big deal seeing norrins pretty much made it obsolete but for those who do use it...

ACE fast rope as it appears on the MH47 (Note the rope is 15m long and the helo is hovering at 15m):

5rYgK.jpg

ACE Fast roping done by ACE for the MH-60

fC21X.jpg

Currently the config is set as

ACE_RopeAttachment[] = {{0, 2, 6.8}};

Changing it to

ACE_RopeAttachment[] = {{0, -0.8, -2.1}};

Puts it in the right place, not touching the ground (The 36m rope is fine, i think the 12m rope isn't actually 12m long >_>) but it will look right and won't kill you when you rope :P

No its just some F Models come in desert tan! Even tho I was Air Force all the Army CH-47's I have seen in RL are dark OD Green, many with some parts Light(faded) Green because of weathering and exposure. Mainly on older birds with replacement parts(hence why many are faded Light Green with freshly painted Dark Green parts). Unless this is either something new or an honest mistake on my part, if so my appologizes islesfan186!

Either way....good point tho, so Konyo on behalf of islesfan186's post could we have a U.S. Army Chinook painted in green colors to match Yura's Hawks, and one in Tan?

Edit:

I think he means CH-47D.

Yes, I think I was thinking of the D Models, sorry!

Dave,

Another for the list of to-do's :P

Not a big deal seeing norrins pretty much made it obsolete but for those who do use it...

ACE fast rope as it appears on the MH47 (Note the rope is 15m long and the helo is hovering at 15m):

http://i.imgur.com/5rYgK.jpg

ACE Fast roping done by ACE for the MH-60

http://i.imgur.com/fC21X.jpg

Currently the config is set as

ACE_RopeAttachment[] = {{0, 2, 6.8}};

Changing it to

ACE_RopeAttachment[] = {{0, -0.8, -2.1}};

Puts it in the right place, not touching the ground (The 36m rope is fine, i think the 12m rope isn't actually 12m long >_>) but it will look right and won't kill you when you rope :P

Not to worry, I've got an ACE config added into the next release as everyone kept asking for it, which correct's the rope's position.

Either way....good point tho, so Konyo on behalf of islesfan186's post could we have a U.S. Army Chinook painted in green colors to match Yura's Hawks, and one in Tan?

Dave,

Yes, once I've got the updated MH-47E out the way and then added all the fixes to the standard CH-47E model i will then release it on behalf of Smiley_Nick :D

Not to worry, I've got an ACE config added into the next release as everyone kept asking for it, which correct's the rope's position.

Yes, once I've got the updated MH-47E out the way and then added all the fixes to the standard CH-47E model i will then release it on behalf of Smiley_Nick :D

YESSSSSS!!! I can't wait!!!!

Quick Screen I took and put some rough editing into, Sorry for jaggeder edges. k472P.jpg Also I find that the fact that the nose has the be a bit in the air to slow down to zero seems a lot more realistic to me cause there are plenty of videos where a Chinook is picking people up off the side of a mountain and its hovering even with the nose a bit higher then the rest, I love this model its so much easier to land and gain/lose speed and altitude.

Edited by rohan11221

Quick Screen I took and put some rough editing into, Sorry for jaggeder edges. http://i.imgur.com/k472P.jpg Also I find that the fact that the nose has the be a bit in the air to slow down to zero seems a lot more realistic to me cause there are plenty of videos where a Chinook is picking people up off the side of a mountain and its hovering even with the nose a bit higher then the rest, I love this model its so much easier to land and gain/lose speed and altitude.

That's because the pitch of the main or front rotor is at an angle, if you look at any ch-47 that's hovering its going to be at the angle. :)

Okay, i think i've figured out what's with everyone saying the blades are on a angle and such, it seems if you pull a high positive G force turn the blade shift into the wrong position forward, the game can't tell its broken and thinks the blades are in the right position so it changes the angle at which the downforce is coming from, so if you're landed and only only push 'Q' or your thrust key, it starts moving forward, from a landing with only pushing thrust i was upto 100ish Kph in just a few seconds, obviously this causes a issue when trying to bleed off speed as a retardedly high angle is required to stop thrust.

Pictures of what i mean.

After a bugged out turn (in this position you would normally not gain speed and balance out but after the bug you gain speed):

VUj3i.jpg

The angle required to bleed speed off with buged blades

Y0lap.jpg

and without bugged blades.

QBROg.jpg

I assume this is a side effect of the blades warping under loads/turns/power, ect.

Atm, seems like your best option is to avoid tight turns...

Okay, i think i've figured out what's with everyone saying the blades are on a angle and such, it seems if you pull a high positive G force turn the blade shift into the wrong position forward, the game can't tell its broken and thinks the blades are in the right position so it changes the angle at which the downforce is coming from, so if you're landed and only only push 'Q' or your thrust key, it starts moving forward, from a landing with only pushing thrust i was upto 100ish Kph in just a few seconds, obviously this causes a issue when trying to bleed off speed as a retardedly high angle is required to stop thrust.

Pictures of what i mean.

After a bugged out turn (in this position you would normally not gain speed and balance out but after the bug you gain speed):

http://i.imgur.com/VUj3i.jpg

The angle required to bleed speed off with buged blades

http://i.imgur.com/Y0lap.jpg

and without bugged blades.

http://i.imgur.com/QBROg.jpg

I assume this is a side effect of the blades warping under loads/turns/power, ect.

Atm, seems like your best option is to avoid tight turns...

Sorry, I don't understand? How did you get the blades "bugged"? I've yet to have seen/noticed this.

Thanks for this great "Piece of Art"!

And special thanks for the sling load feature!!

MfG Lee :thumbsup:

Hey...can u tell me how to attach something on sling rope because i dont know..i deploy sling rope and hover over vhiecle but i dont have option Attach...can u explain me please???

Hey...can u tell me how to attach something on sling rope because i dont know..i deploy sling rope and hover over vhiecle but i dont have option Attach...can u explain me please???

Just hover over a HMWVV, M119 or a RHIB and you will get a attach option.

Have to hover slightly above it :)

Could you look into making more things liftable like Land Rovers (Military Offroads), Urals, MTVR's, Dingo's (ACR DLC), and M93A2's (From ACE) . I know it was brought up in your WIP thread but how about the ability to load vehicles into the cargo space (Like CRCC's, Motorcycles, Bycicles and ATV's?,)

wasn't there a demo mission that was supposed to be with the release?

Just hover over a HMWVV, M119 or a RHIB and you will get a attach option.

Have to hover slightly above it :)

Hey Konyo i try it but i can get it to attach do i nead some script..i have Sea King same to..that i dont nead to get slingrope from the box(ace) i can youst deploy it but neither on that two i cant attach..can u explain me please...

btw. i love your uppload..it is the best...i watch people talking about bugs but you did amazing job...keep it going :D tnx man

Could you look into making more things liftable like Land Rovers (Military Offroads), Urals, MTVR's, Dingo's (ACR DLC), and M93A2's (From ACE) . I know it was brought up in your WIP thread but how about the ability to load vehicles into the cargo space (Like CRCC's, Motorcycles, Bycicles and ATV's?,)

I'll have to see, not sure how to add more models into the script :D

I'll find out and see how easy it is...

wasn't there a demo mission that was supposed to be with the release?

There was indeed, but the mission maker said it was scrap. So it wasn't Included :D

Hey Konyo i try it but i can get it to attach do i nead some script..i have Sea King same to..that i dont nead to get slingrope from the box(ace) i can youst deploy it but neither on that two i cant attach..can u explain me please...

btw. i love your uppload..it is the best...i watch people talking about bugs but you did amazing job...keep it going :D tnx man

You have to use the scripts that are provided. ACE isn't avaliable with this Addon yet.

Very nice mod. Thank you for your hard work. The sound and feel of the chopper is amazing. We're testing it to replace the standard chinook with our group.

Good job!