Sign in to follow this  
DamoclesX

Limited Tech Strategy mode option

Right now, the freeplay strategy mode offers me all tech right from the beginning.

I think it would be more interesting to have the option of aquiering higher tech (Gatling, Rockets, Shields) during the island attacks

by hacking an enemies Lab.

So you also have a tech progression during the course of the campaign.

The tech beeing spread over the initial enemy islands.

This also makes it more interesting to use lower grade tech and strategies in the beginning.

I fully agree - certainly it would be nice to have it as a game option where certain blueprints needed to be acquired. But then to me it would be a shame not to have the "special forces" option of sending a soldier in, the FPS part of the campaign game, for certain situations, recon or whatever.

Aye, a tech tree progression option for strategy mode seems to be a popular request.

However, considering the negative feedback on the first person shooter parts, this should also be a choice option. (however I do believe that'd include having to create the actual first person missions too, so I doubt it'll be good use of resources)

Strategy mode options

Enable tech tree progression (hack enemy labs) yes/no

Enable first person missions (turns some hack tasks into first person missions) yes/no

Actually I would prefer it more of a sort of free form update mode, with points. For example: capturing a lab you get 1 point, then you get to choose any 1 piece of tech to upgrade or unlock. You can also include the anti-weather components too (better tires, lava protection) that you seem to get automatically. That way it is not so random, and you can concentrate on what you like best.

Some sort of tech tree for both sides would be great. Having all technology right from the start is a real bummer, I think, it takes a lot away from the potential depth of the game. It would be great if you had the tech randomly sitting on islands and you had to capture the islands to get the tech (no egoshooter like in the campaign to speed it up.)

I agree. Having a tech tree, acquiring tech as you win islands and raid research labs, would create greater variety in strategy mode.

As it stands, I almost always use the same Manta/weapons/hook combination to take every island. Make me work harder for the cook toys :-)