Sign in to follow this  
bamitscon

Arma 2 And OA Problem

When i start up arma 2 or OA and i go onto compaign or any game like dayz or multiplayer i get grey triangles on the screen and i cnat see where i am going? does anyone know how to fix?

if you knwo how to fix please comment what i need to do?

Thanx

-Connor :)

Sorry for long wait but this is the screenshot of the grey backround i get

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a619/ItsConnor1/2012-11-17_00013.jpg

and this is a screenshot of my system specs

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a619/ItsConnor1/specs.png

Also i get this sometimes in my armor and OA but it says different things?

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a619/ItsConnor1/2012-11-17_00009.jpg

Also i didnt know where to find the version number of Arma 2

-Thanx

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

do you knwo how i can fix it?

-Connor

Edited by BamItsCon

First, you don't need to drop a PM when you answer your thread, i will see it anyway. ;)

Second:

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided. Please refrain from non-standard fonts and/or font sizes as well please.

Bold and underlined is not only not necessary, it is also forbidden by the forum rules.

Third, System specs are incomplete, mainly GPU is missing. Also if DX9.0c is installed.

Fourth, the error message on the last link is mission related, not a game bug.

Fifth, the version number you will find in the game menu, bottom right.

So what do i need to do to get rid of the grey backround?

and my version number says ( 1.62.95248 )

Read posts completely. Let me quote myself:

Third, System specs are incomplete, mainly GPU is missing. Also if DX9.0c is installed.

DX is installed but what u mean the specs are incomplete? does that mean i wont be able to get rid of the grey backround? and if im getting a new laptop what specs shall i get to be able to run games like this?

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

So can i get rid of the grey backround?

The screenshot of your system specs: it is not listed what GPU you have. It lists CPU and Ram but not the GPU. Also make sure you have DirectX 9! installed.

and if im getting a new laptop what specs shall i get to be able to run games like this?

Not a Laptop, get a normal PC. Cheaper with better performance.

i do have directx 9, but is there anyway i can fix the grey backround bits?

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

is there any way to get rid of the grey lines then

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

:( i really want to knwo if i can get rid of the grey backround?

And i really want to know what GPU your System has. It's now the fourth time i'm asking you about this: what is the GPU in your PC?

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

That is my graphics? do you know how i can get rid of the grey backround?

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

BamItsCon - can you stop repeating your same question over and over without answering the questions of the very helpful and caring Mod? You might enerve people with that a lot. If you don't know what a GPU is, why don't you check wikipedia or yahoo.com?

Because, no, what you posted is NOT the GPU.

GPU stands for graphical unit. It's hardware. It has a cpu of its own like it has RAM of its own. And its quite probable that one of these is underdimensioned on your device. But to find out the Mod needs the specs.

In my signature you find an example for an quite old (but wonderfully working) GPU: "NVidia 9600 GT" with 1024 MByte GRAM.

Here you find examples/descriptions of other models .....

Edited by Herbal Influence

Its the first thing written on the screen when you start the Computer.

And maybe you also see it under "system" or when you right-click on the desktop.

Exactly I don't know I use more than six different operation systems and Microsoft is the worst ... I didn't learn it by heart and at the moment I am not at an Microsoft Computer. But with that specific question you should use the search button in the forum.

Be optimistic: Having found the right question is a jota distance from the answer ...

One more thing: You must not post things repeatedly. So it was the second time that you posted your CPUs specs.

Edited by Herbal Influence

Hello BamItsCon,

Get this as I think you could do with it, its free and will give you everything you need to know about whats going on inside your pc. Well not quite all, but certainly it will be very handy for you.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

:)

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

That is my graphics? do you know how i can get rid of the grey backround?

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

This is a start and probably the cause of your problem. Intel GPU's are inferior when it comes to play actualy games. Basically it means that your PC doesn't fulfill the minimum system requirements to play ArmA 2. However, there are people capable of running the game on Intel GPU's but then it really depends on which model exactly.

If you manage to get the exact type of your GPU (the proposed Speccy software is a excellent tool for this), those people might be able to help you. My official answer would be simply: your PC isn't able to play ArmA 2 but i hope you get some "inofficial" help here to make it run.

Good luck.

You should start to read answers you get more properly. I didn't say "no way", i said "most likely not".

And also we are still waiting for the exact GPU type. Please don't overuse our patience. Read carefully what we write and deliver info as they are requested. Help us to help you.

Ok im sorry, but can u please tell me where i can find my GPU? i have windows 7? sorry im a noob :((

Go to the second page of this thread, find the post of ChrisB, read it. Being a noob is no excuse for not reading posts. We all were noobs in the past. By listen and reading to the helpful people, we left that behind us.

if its the graphic card type you want to know here it is

MD 20138 (1600x900@60Hz)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Its probs still wrong -.- i downloaded the thing ChrisB posted and thats what it said for graphics

@Bamitscon

Download 'Speccy' its only a small download, will take no time to get in your pc. Once you have it simply open it up, it will look like this and give you what you need to know, infact it monitors in a small way too.

Take you around 5mins to find out what you need to know, that includes the download time, I would think.;)

Edit: Sorry you already did it, must have crossed posts..

yes i downloaded and looed at the Graphics section and it said this

MD 20138 (1600x900@60Hz)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD