Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Does anyone know how to set up Multpul and Selectable respawn locations in a Mso? Id like to be able to have my guys Spawn either at our main base, or a Fob. Any ideas?

Use WHB_Multispawn - it's included and lets you deploy an HQ vehicle at the FOB. Your guys will need to travel there and sign in to use it.

How do you disable modules? I want to disable RMM_Revive, R3F_Logistics, RMM_Casevac, RMM_Tyres and WHB_Multispawn, but I can't figure out how.

Open \support\modules\modules.hpp in a text editor and comment out the modules in the list (// in front of them). You can safely delete that module's folder to reduce mission size a bit.

MSO PDB Gurus - I really could use some help getting PDB going on my server. I get the "filenotfound" error and have tried all the fixes I could find for this in the forums to no avail. Thanks for the help!

I think that error is due to database.txt file not being in the correct location (look back a few pages they go over this). You can also join the MSO skype channel and they will help you out (that is your best bet).

A friend and I have been able to create a MSO on FATA, but we had to use and older version of MSO. We are still looking into it and trying to figure out how to get FATA island to work with the latest version of MSO.

Fata does work with the latest MSO version however you need to disable certain things (at least I did).. I just had the CQB module running for enemy spawns... enemy locations do work, however it will only find 8 or so unless you manually add more. Did not test the Zora groups.

Fire me a PM and I can send you what I have... be warned it is an ACE/ACRE version you will need those mods

http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?33999

Sorry Guy's, totally manic with RL work at the minute!

If there are still people with issues out there let me know!

Sorry Guy's, totally manic with RL work at the minute!

If there are still people with issues out there let me know!

Back to work!! :eek::whip:

Hey there,

Loving MSO at the moment, and I understand you're busy with real life stuff atm (aren't we all ;)). I was just curious if there have been any attempts/progress/planned implementation at getting PDB working on linux (If anyone knows a way to make it work, please, let me know :))

Thanks for all the hard work

Josh

I don't think so... IIRC the work on the PDB and MSO versions for Arma 2 has pretty much ceased (they are awaiting the 1.63 patch to release a final version of MSO for A2). I assume the work being done now is for ALIVE and the A3 version of the PDB software.

Please correct me if I am wrong :p

You are correct. Development of MSO on A2 has ceased and we are not developing PDB for Linux.

Hey, my unit is trying to set up a MSO on one of our servers, but every time we do we get this error

Fault address: 7643C41F 01:0000B41F C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Anybody provide any help or advice?

Sounds to me like you have a corrupt Windows install, certainly not anything MSO related...

Edited by [KH]Jman

Hey there,

Loving MSO at the moment, and I understand you're busy with real life stuff atm (aren't we all ;)). I was just curious if there have been any attempts/progress/planned implementation at getting PDB working on linux (If anyone knows a way to make it work, please, let me know :))

FWIW I have just managed to get an MSO 4.5 server up and running on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit (Win dedi running via WINE) with PDB running off native (linux) mysql server. Mostly I just followed HOWTOs for doing the winetricks installs required for DayZ server (dotnet4, dx9, etc) and then copied into place a fully working Arma2 OA / MSO folder from a Windows server. Could not get the dotnet mysql connector to install via WINE but didn't have to since we had already placed the DLL in the server root on the windows server when we had PDB issues there. MySQL was pretty simple since you just need basic linux mysql-server install then create the user and grant it all privs.

One thing that held me up for a few days was that all of the WINE stuff (especially the winetricks and creating the wineprefix to run it all under) needs to be done in 32bit mode (WINEARCH=win32). Otherwise you won't get dotnet4 to install and a bunch of other things fail too.

If your server is remote (headless) then you will first need to go through what I did to get a VNC-based Xorg windows session that runs from the main server console (using a dummy display module and pre-baked xf86config). Most VNC and/or xRDP services will create new X sessions on connection (and then kill them on disconnect), and this will be no good for running a dedi server.

I know this isn't a very good write-up (sorry) but I am trying to recall it off the top of my head and it took me about 2 weeks, 10 installs of Ubuntu, 3 different Window Managers, 4 different xRDP/VNC installs and unknown WINE setups to get it right myself :P

Let me know your setup and I can start to try and tailor the advice accordingly.

Hi, All

thanks for awesome job. A3 project looks like a dream of all of my life. But still playing A2 so the question is - is it possible revert MSO to East like RU vs Ins / BLUEFOR? Are there any succesful projects? I made such on takistan from base_mission but experienced some problems from the very beginnig:

1. RU BTR (HQ) not works as HQ - no teamstatus, no recrutiment. should i write something special in unit init or change some code in mission files?

2. most of predefined factions treat RU as friendly forces, it's still playable but i don't like FF. solved this by editing msofactions_defaults.hpp leaving only TK Guerillas who are enemy for RU by default. the question is - how to add BLUEFOR to game?

I was having trouble with the suicide bombers. At first they wouldn't even move. Then after some tweaking, I finally got them to move to my position, but they would stop about 20 meters away. After some further tweaking, I finally got them to move to my location and subsequently blow up. Here are the tweaks to the ambient_bomber.sqf. They are mainly change the bomber's movement behavior, and change the doMove command to a group move command. For whatever reason, that seems to work better.

_victim = units (group _victim) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_time = time + 600;

_bomber setspeedmode "FULL";

_bomber setBehaviour "CARELESS";

_bomber setunitpos "UP";

_bomber disableAI "TARGET";

_bomber disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

_bomber setskill 0.1;

(group _bomber) setCombatMode "BLUE";

(group _bomber) allowFleeing 0;

// waitUntil {_bomber doMove getposATL _victim; sleep 5; (_bomber distance _victim < 8) || (time > _time) || !(alive _bomber)};

waitUntil {

(group _bomber) Move (getposATL _victim);

sleep 5;

( (_bomber distance _victim) < 10) || (time > _time) || !(alive _bomber)};

if ((_bomber distance _victim < 15) && (alive _bomber)) then {

_bomber addRating -2001;

Hey mates, this mission totally rocks. but i still cant solve a problem that has already been talked about. i do get some kind of circles around towns. red and blue ones. it looks like a civ-module debug-mode, but somehow i cant turn it off. the debugmode is deactivated and i still get those circles.

i uploaded a picture, maybe you guys know an answer.

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-21811593/debug.png.html

Thanks in Advance!