Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Those things don't save in the DB atm unfortunately. Should be quite easy though to update the construction script to give each object a "name".

Awesone and funny mission ! :thumb:

Hello. Does anyone know why Every Civilian is showing up on the map for me. and everyone in my mso. it shows where they are highlighting the building they're in and also if they're in a vehicle shows there way points. Any way to fix this? (this is a picture of what is going on http://imgur.com/x0KUlIe )

Edited by Parratt
Link for whats happining

I noticed that the sidechat of reports isn't working. Im trying this on Takistan but I can see the colors changing but no announcements when I run the mission. Any ideas?

Only thing I can think of is you have disableChannels in your server.cfg file?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#disableChannels

Hello. Does anyone know why Every Civilian is showing up on the map for me. and everyone in my mso. it shows where they are highlighting the building they're in and also if they're in a vehicle shows there way points. Any way to fix this? (this is a picture of what is going on http://imgur.com/x0KUlIe )

Are you using a stock MSO mission? Usually this is fixed by turning off the debug options....

Well, Im using the "BASE_MISSION" Scripts but a custom Map. I've turned Debug off in the Parameters and This still shows up.

[/color]

Those things don't save in the DB atm unfortunately. Should be quite easy though to update the construction script to give each object a "name".

I figured that was the problem. Is there any source why this is? I find it odd how a construction module is added to MSO (being persistence and all), but it doesn't save items to the DB.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Bourne

Bourne: The construction module was bunged in as a bit of an experiment quite early on but never really used much, so no one ever bothered to make it work with PDB - people preferred to use the editor places stuff with R3F to build FOBs. This is why it never got properly integrated but still shows up in the Base Mission code, along with a bunch of other stuff that never got finished. MSO Base Mission code is after all a voyage of discovery rather than a release product.

Parratt: looks like #debug is still on in one of the ambient civilian scripts, and it's not being turned off properly by mission params. You'll have to poke around in the Ambient modules folder some to find it.

I noticed that the sidechat of reports isn't working. Im trying this on Takistan but I can see the colors changing but no announcements when I run the mission. Any ideas?

Late reply but I programmed that part so I'm probably best placed to help.

Make sure that you are running the latest version of MSO: mso_develop_4.6RC.zip. This will be the final release version of MSO for Arma2 once BI finally release the A2 1.63 final patch.

I would suggest that you run the latest A2 beta patch with this version of MSO.

The town manager does have mission parameters for the HUMINT Reports so make sure that they are switched on:

INTEL Reports (Towns)

Update Map based on INTEL reports - This enables and updates the colours of the HUMINT trigger map markers.

Civilian HUMINT Reports - This enables civilian detect trigger markers.

HUMINT Reports - This enables side detect trigger markers.

SIGINT Reports - This enables side seized trigger markers.

Broadcast Reports to sideChat - This sends all trigger reports to the sidechat.

Bourne: The construction module was bunged in as a bit of an experiment quite early on but never really used much, so no one ever bothered to make it work with PDB - people preferred to use the editor places stuff with R3F to build FOBs. This is why it never got properly integrated but still shows up in the Base Mission code, along with a bunch of other stuff that never got finished. MSO Base Mission code is after all a voyage of discovery rather than a release product.

Parratt: looks like #debug is still on in one of the ambient civilian scripts, and it's not being turned off properly by mission params. You'll have to poke around in the Ambient modules folder some to find it.

Thank you for the explanation friznit2. Basically what you're saying is, the manual building with R3F_logistics (towing, picking up, moving, placing) is the only way to construct while saving to the database? There is no 3D editor alternative that will save to the database?

That's correct until (unless) someone fiddled with the rmm_construct code to make it PDB compatible, but that won't be coming from the MSO team because we're 100% focused on ALIVE for A3 now (even moreso since there's no campaign on release and we want something to play!)

Jman;2461227']Late reply but I programmed that part so I'm probably best placed to help.

Make sure that you are running the latest version of MSO: mso_develop_4.6RC.zip. This will be the final release version of MSO for Arma2 once BI finally release the A2 1.63 final patch.

The town manager does have mission parameters for the HUMINT Reports so make sure that they are switched on:

INTEL Reports (Towns)

Update Map based on INTEL reports - This enables and updates the colours of the HUMINT trigger map markers.

I managed to figure out the sidechat. It was cause I didn't have any form of radios in my inventory which cause it to stop working for some odd reason.

Also I notice when I engage Guerillas and opfor, I get negative points instead of positive points. Any way to fix that?

And I can't seem to modify the circle radius on the map at all. I tried modifying the town manager mod but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I also was wondering if their a way to fix it so that enemy camps/roadblocks/etc are spawning farther away from my base. I notice they also are spawning nearly right next to each other as I manage to find a roadblock, a enemy camp and armored vehicles within a few hundred meters from each other and right outside my base.

Hi, All.

Thanks for great job. MSO is awesome!

Ported takistan MSO ACE to Sahrani. All works fine, even a couple of civi spawned. But when taking any m16 or m4 from ammo crate it adds 100 rnd mags instead of stanag mags to gear.

Edited by AshTray

Hi, I've been looking everywhere trying not to bother others with my problem in setting up PDB. But after 2 days of non-stop testing, searching, and more; I've decided to come and ask. I keep running into the same problem in the logs that I will post here:

Arma2MySql Log:

Info: 02:17:25 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.
Info: 02:17:25 - Version number: 0.1.0.0
Info: 02:17:25 - Compiled against Arma2NET Version: TBF
Info: 02:17:25 - Loading databases...
Info: 02:17:25 - Type: mysql Database: arma IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: armauser Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons
Info: 02:17:29 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The system detected an invalid pointer address in attempting to use a pointer argument in a call
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.GetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName)
  at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.get_ReadTimeout()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream..ctor(Stream baseStream)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream..ctor(Stream baseStream, Encoding encoding, Boolean compress)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
  at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.OpenConnection(String connectionString)
Info: 02:17:39 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The system detected an invalid pointer address in attempting to use a pointer argument in a call
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.GetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName)
  at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.get_ReadTimeout()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream..ctor(Stream baseStream)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream..ctor(Stream baseStream, Encoding encoding, Boolean compress)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
  at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.OpenConnection(String connectionString)

Arma2net Log:

08/13/2013 02:17:18 Log: Unmanaged side loaded
08/13/2013 02:17:21 Info Arma2NET 2.2.0.0 running on CLR 4.0.30319.296
08/13/2013 02:17:21 Info Loaded into process arma2oaserver
08/13/2013 02:17:21 Info Loading addins
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info Domain                        Name                Version   Publisher           Description
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info Arma2NETMySQLPlugin           Arma2NETMySQL       0.1.0.0   firefly2442         Runs MySQL procedure commands.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info Arma2NETMySQLPlugin           Arma2NETMySQLCommand0.1.0.0   firefly2442         Runs raw MySQL/SQLite commands
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info BaseFunctionsPlugin           CompareVersion      2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Compares two version strings and returns an integer indicating how they compare.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info BaseFunctionsPlugin           ClrVersion          2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Retrieves the version of the Common Language Runtime.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info BaseFunctionsPlugin           Version             2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Returns the version of Arma2NET.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info CommandLinePlugin             CommandLine         2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Returns the command line used to start the application.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info DateTimePlugin                DateTime            2.0.0.0   Scott_NZ            Returns the current date and time.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info ServerPlugIn                  ServerLocation      0.1.0.0   Tupolov             Returns the ARMA 2 server geo location.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info ServerPlugIn                  ServerName          0.1.0.0   Tupolov             Returns the ARMA 2 server name.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info ServerPlugIn                  ServerAddress       0.1.0.0   Tupolov             Returns the ARMA 2 server IP address.
08/13/2013 02:17:25 Info Arma2NET initialized in 00:00:06.2554780

I'd love to get this solved as I have no doubt it would be addition to the experience of MSO, not having to set up and deal with early-game shananigans by bored players waiting for everything to be sorted out. I hope there's a simple solution to this!

Are there any servers up running this atm? What would I type as the mission filter to get this? I have tried mso, multi-session operations, operations, multi, and I get nothing. I love this game mode but I do not want to play it alone.

Hi all I have been away from this mission for a very long time.

I decided to have another play with it :)

I have latest arma2 beta and latest ACE version installed.

I have copyed ALL ACE MSO missions into my MP missions folder but as soon as I click new in the MP lobby and just befor it gets to the mission select screen i get kicked out of arma 2 with this error

INC file

MPMissions\16_ACE.COOP_BAF_VS_GUE.Chern description_MSO.ext not found

i looked in that MSO folder and that file is in there so what have i done wrong LOL :P

Thanks

OK Scrub that I have description.ext but not description_MSO.ext whats that then :P

Edited by stk2008

Hi Guys,

Those of you with questions, issues etc. PM me your Skype Username and I will add you to the Channel.

This would be better and you would get your questions answered quicker, as the majority of the MSO Team are working on some new things and/or are busy with RL stuff at present.

Cheers

Gunny

Hi Guys,

Those of you with questions, issues etc. PM me your Skype Username and I will add you to the Channel.

This would be better and you would get your questions answered quicker, as the majority of the MSO Team are working on some new things and/or are busy with RL stuff at present.

Cheers

Gunny

I cant use skype any chance i could get help with out skype please.

if so please read about my issue above

thanks

Hey there guys. I am trying to make an MSO mission on the UNSUNG mod for ArmA 2 OA on the map "S.E.A. by CSJ". I am successful so far but the only problem I am having is how to add the Enemy opfor faction from UNSUNG into the msofactions.hpp, so that the correct faction spawns in instead of the default takistan insurgents. if you have any questions or a resolution to my problem please reply or PM me.

Jman;2461227']Late reply but I programmed that part so I'm probably best placed to help.

INTEL Reports (Towns)

I have the exact same problem with intelligence reports not showing up in side chat. Have ported MSO to the East side and adjusted every possible line I could find to make it work. Everything else works correctly, just these reports don't.

I'm using 4.55, fully patched game and have checked that the town manager has those settings.

Any idea what else except for these settings in town manager could be at fault?

Thanks!

Any idea why on Reshmaan the civilians spawn as Russian civs. And they spawn in herds inside buildings (causing massive lag)?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Awesome mission but one question - Is it compatible with the UPSMON Scripts? Has anyone tried running MSO with UPSMON?

Cheers :)

Jack - None I'm afraid. We never really invested any time looking at it for East side, so chances are Town Manager needs a good bit of attention for that.

JaFuzz - Sorry no. I've run Reshmaan very successfully and not run into that problem at all. They're all Takistani civilians and spread out normally.

Mihikle - Yes it is, though you'll want to turn CQB down to no more than 10% and limit DEP locations to a relatively small number or you may put too much pressure on the server. I've had great success using triggered UPSMON templates spawned onto a headless client.

Thanks for the response Friznit2, Could you do me a favor and send me your copy of reshmaan mso? And ill just add all the equipment/slots that ive got into that..

Then i'll know for sure if its the server or me being an idiot somehow :P.

Happy to (have PM'd) but it may be more trouble than it's worth cos it's quite heavily customized for VCB. Even if you can't load it in the editor though it's be worth poking around in a text editor to see what I've done.