Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Interested in the base persistence of this mod. Any chance I get some explanation on using that in a mission of mine or maybe updating PDS?

Do i just follow the PDB setup, or is there other things I need to do?

Just follow PDB setup. To disable modules in MSO, simply comment them out in the module.hpp files in each function folder. You can delete the respective folders to reduce the size as well if you want.

hi ,realy nice mission

i have littel prob -.-

somehow pdb not save vehicles and objects, all other save

hope u have some tips

and one questionor 2^^ for what is the table cms_PERMISSIONSß

and after i got town clean the blue marks always despawn after restart thats normal?if i go back in town they come back 2

sorry for my bad english

Edited by freak20131

Hi Freak,

Vehicles and Objects will only save at the timeframe to state in the parameters for the Server Save, what have you got this set to?

As a test start an MSO mission, then do #missions in chat, while logged on as admin, then check the reports and database, it should save all the vehicles and objects then.

Don't worry about the cms_permissions table, that was going to be used for user accounts for the web app.

If your still stuck, PM me your Skype Username and I will add you tot he MSO Channel.

Gunny

timeframe is 2 min ,logged in as admin #missions give me no feedback

but now i have the option save stuff as admin im gonna safe few cars and ammo boxses so ppl can use them

dont know why its not realy work maybe i dont understand it

now i got all cars chooper +ammo boxes in the db i gonna delet them of my mission.sqm

so they wont double spawn ,im not realy need them respawn ( anyway atleast it save ^^ hope they dont blow up

Vehicles and Objects will only save to the database if they are named in the editor. The mission editor needs to ensure this is done for all vehicles you want to save automatically.. This will also prevent them from 'double spawning', as the script will check for duplicate named items. The 'Admin Save' function simply adds a name to the object/veh during runtime so it will get saved to the database on the next cycle. This allows you to save 'stolen' vehicles and objects or those which have been spawned in during the mission.

Where are the weapons scripts at in the .pbo file. I am trying to find where the ammo boxes are so I can add a few extra weapons but can't figure out which .sqf file it might be in.

They're just standard ammo boxes placed in the editor. You'll need to add your own crate filling script.

I am having issues adding the two modules init, functions and military symbols.

For Functions. I get a error about missing ]. I just copied and paste the Init=â€BIS_fnc_locations = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "CA\modules\functions\systems\fn_locations.sqf" but it says it missing a ; expression.

For Military Symbols I get a error about missing ] in the code for this: Init="setGroupIconsVisible [true, false]; BIS_marta_mainscope

setVariable [""delay"", 300];"

If I put a bunch a bunch of usarmy soldiers as characters, what faction do I need this as? Reason why I am asking is cause the manual said you create a base respawn marker and label it "respawn_yourfaction".

I only added the respawn_west to the bottom left as suggested.

Yes I am still learning this scripting so any help would be much appreciated.

I am having issues adding the two modules init, functions and military symbols.

For Functions. I get a error about missing ]. I just copied and paste the Init=â€BIS_fnc_locations = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "CA\modules\functions\systems\fn_locations.sqf" but it says it missing a ; expression.

For Military Symbols I get a error about missing ] in the code for this: Init="setGroupIconsVisible [true, false]; BIS_marta_mainscope

setVariable [""delay"", 300];"

In your post you have - BIS_fnc_locations = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "CA\modules\functions\systems\fn_locations.sqf" - make sure at the end of this line there is a ; so:

BIS_fnc_locations = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "CA\modules\functions\systems\fn_locations.sqf";

Not sure about the missing ] that line looks OK to me aside from the extra quotes.. if this code goes into the init line of an object in the editor or in your init.sqf I think it should look like this:

setGroupIconsVisible [true, false]; BIS_marta_mainscope setVariable ["delay", 300];

If I put a bunch a bunch of usarmy soldiers as characters, what faction do I need this as? Reason why I am asking is cause the manual said you create a base respawn marker and label it "respawn_yourfaction".

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/faction

I think the one you are looking for is BIS_US

Ok. I pretty much got everything working. However I noticed a problem. For some reason, civilians and enemy keep entering my base at the south airfield on takistan.

I added the BIS_Zora_0 trigger to my airport but I see civlian choppers landing at the airfield where all my other choppers were and their were either opfor or guerilla's driving through the airfield taking me out. Any ideas how to fix this?

Also how do I shrink the size of the circle for the town closes to the airfield. It seems the circle expands to half the airport where my base is.

Anything i can do to stop any ais from spawning within the zone i specify?

Edited by master_ne0

Biz_Zora_0, as it suggests, will prevent BIS Zora module from spawning in that zone. The civilian helicopters however not part of BIZ Zora, but generated by Tupolov's Ambient Air module. This works by detecting the predominant side & faction near the airfield hangars, then spawning military aircraft of that faction. It defaults to Civ if it can't find any military aircraft. You can 'force' the faction by placing a few units standing around the hangars, or disable civilian ambient air altogether in mission params.

DEP and CQB won't spawn within 1km of an ammo and/or ammo_1 marker - they act as blacklists as well. You can also manually blacklist towns from CQB by placing an empty marker labelled BL_1 , BL_2 etc.

There's not much you can do about Guerillas and OPFOR transiting your base area. The enemy are fairly mobile and the best way to tell them not to come there is by force (i.e. shoot them)! If you don't like the enemy coming near your base, pick a base that's further away from a main road.

Same deal goes for the towns - spawn range is (by default) I think 800m, so if you spawn within that distance to a town you will trigger CQB - and again, the enemy aren't just going to stand idle if there's stuff neary for them to shoot.

Biz_Zora_0, as it suggests, will prevent BIS Zora module from spawning in that zone. The civilian helicopters however not part of BIZ Zora, but generated by Tupolov's Ambient Air module. This works by detecting the predominant side & faction near the airfield hangars, then spawning military aircraft of that faction. It defaults to Civ if it can't find any military aircraft. You can 'force' the faction by placing a few units standing around the hangars, or disable civilian ambient air altogether in mission params.

DEP and CQB won't spawn within 1km of an ammo and/or ammo_1 marker - they act as blacklists as well. You can also manually blacklist towns from CQB by placing an empty marker labelled BL_1 , BL_2 etc.

There's not much you can do about Guerillas and OPFOR transiting your base area. The enemy are fairly mobile and the best way to tell them not to come there is by force (i.e. shoot them)! If you don't like the enemy coming near your base, pick a base that's further away from a main road.

Same deal goes for the towns - spawn range is (by default) I think 800m, so if you spawn within that distance to a town you will trigger CQB - and again, the enemy aren't just going to stand idle if there's stuff neary for them to shoot.

That good to know. I probably just disable the air module then like you suggested. I find the airfields the better place to build a base.

Last thing is their anyway to shrink the radius of the circles around towns?

Quite possibly, but you'd need to dig around inside the sqf's for that. If it's purely the red/green/blue crosshatched intel markers you're wanting to change, then look in crb_TownManager. If it's the actually radius that CQB units will occupy from the town centre, then look in the Enemy/CQB module.

I noticed that the sidechat of reports isn't working. Im trying this on Takistan but I can see the colors changing but no announcements when I run the mission. Any ideas?

Hey! I have some problems with my MSO. I have a Bunch of Circles around towns that show where every Civilian is and where theyre going. anyone know why?

@Parratt Check your debug settings in the params and make sure everything is turned off. (Should find the debug settings should be the first few params at the top.)

Anyone know how to get the construction module (RMM_CNSTRCT) working? I don't see it as initialized in the map screen>"mso" section. I read the MSO editors manual, and I added the required script to the init line; I have the "Construction" menu option, and I can build, but it's not saving in the persistent database.

Any help would be appreciated!