Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

You can disable any module by commenting out the line in the modules.hpp In this case

support\modules\modules.hpp and comment it out with //#define R3F_REVIVE

another small bug I've found with 4.6 is that it will spawn a D-30 (as written before it is turned off) site with one enemy and that enemy is independent but they are turned off in the params? After that well once u go into the town BAM AI spawn out of nowhere and start to engage you :|

Reverting to 4.5 to see how it is with that

EDIT: rite... I just realized I wrote it awfully similar to last post, sorry what I meant is that on D-30 sites that are turned off and are spawned most of the times they are empty and one enemy is inside which is an independent solder, NAPA mostly then when you go into the town AI spawn out of nowhere

Edited by Sakai

Hi ! interesting that you are working on a new but similar project for A3 .

thanks for your creation anyway :)

Edited by griffz

Is there anyway someone could elaborate to me what is this Headless Client about? in the parameters you are allowed to change though server and headless client, but what exactly is this headless client? I tried to look for it but no definition...

Basically it is a client copy of the game connected to the server which you can offload all the AI processing to.. leaving the server with better performance. Usually it's run on the same physical machine as the server. Missions have to be made to be HC compatible for it to work properly.

Check here for a guide:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146708-A-comprehensive-guide-to-creating-a-headless-client-compatible-mission

its kinda rather confusing :|, on the dev-heaven I saw the "headless client usage" saying:

Headless Client usage

Needs beta 99184 or later (or 1.63 patch)

put localClient[]={127.0.0.1}; in your server.cfg

Connect your headless client and switch locality accordingly on mission-start - MSO will autodetect the HC

Optional: if you make your own HC slot, place a playable unit far away and put "this allowdamage false" in init to be safe, and after saving add forceHeadlessClient=1; in the according unit-slot manually in the mission.sqm

So to add headless client I need to make a unit with name "HC" and "`this allowDamage false;" into init and put the unit somewhere far away than put the localClient[]={127.0.0.1}; in my server.cfg but than what O.o

The guide is kinda useful but its confusing as its audience are mostly SP missions

Yeah I usually add a Boar or other animal as the HC unit, put it in a safe area. You also need to add forceHeadlessClient=1 under the HC unit in mission.sqm (guide explains this). This means when you fire up the HC and it joins the server it will automagically be assigned that HC slot - if not then an admin would have to move the HC to the correct slot.

Then you need to run your AI scripts on the HC and not the server - again that guide explains how to do it for DAC and UPSMON.

Yeah I usually add a Boar or other animal as the HC unit, put it in a safe area. You also need to add forceHeadlessClient=1 under the HC unit in mission.sqm (guide explains this). This means when you fire up the HC and it joins the server it will automagically be assigned that HC slot - if not then an admin would have to move the HC to the correct slot.

Then you need to run your AI scripts on the HC and not the server - again that guide explains how to do it for DAC and UPSMON.

Yea but since I want to set it up for MSO how is that gonna work? Since MSO has its own AI script that spawns enemies etc

Edited by Sakai

Right forgot I was in the MSO thread :p I'm pretty sure all you need to do is set the various param options from Server to HC - MSO should take care of the rest.

Right forgot I was in the MSO thread :p I'm pretty sure all you need to do is set the various param options from Server to HC - MSO should take care of the rest.

Saw that 4.6 has it but not 4.5? What should I do now since I use 4.5 and it does not have that option

As well now that I have the HC unit i tested it on my server, beside boar i added goat but now, is it suppose to be empty or? Because in the civilian section people can easily go in and play as it since it has to be set as playable...

Edited by Sakai

I think you need 4.6 for it to work (which means running beta version as well) but I could be wrong there.. in my testing I'm always using 4.6 with the HC.

No the unit must be playable.. you'll need to ensure players don't join it (add in description field of unit - Headless Client Only - do not use) - or have some way of kicking a non HC player from that slot (probably similar to how you would do it for reserving slots by player UID)

I think you need 4.6 for it to work (which means running beta version as well) but I could be wrong there.. in my testing I'm always using 4.6 with the HC.

No the unit must be playable.. you'll need to ensure players don't join it (add in description field of unit - Headless Client Only - do not use) - or have some way of kicking a non HC player from that slot (probably similar to how you would do it for reserving slots by player UID)

I saw some posts on BIS forum and differ website that people use HC on 4.5... I downgraded from 4.6 because is buggy, civilians moonwalking, d-30 sites keep on spawning even when disabled... All the time and 4.5 works perfectly fine

Perhaps one of the MSO devs can better answer this but I believe with 4.5 you would have to adjust the AI spawning scripts so that they are spawned on the HC instead of the server... whereas 4.6 has this already built-in

Perhaps one of the MSO devs can better answer this but I believe with 4.5 you would have to adjust the AI spawning scripts so that they are spawned on the HC instead of the server... whereas 4.6 has this already built-in

Only if 4.6 wouldnt have those problems i listed I would of use it :| hopefuly they will fix it however, and well lets hope there is possibility of HC on 4.5

4.5 does not support HC out of the box, you'd have to retrofit the parts from 4.6 dev (try using something like Winmerge). 4.6 may (or may not) ever get released as it was an experiment with HC anyway and we're concentrating on Next Gen now, so don't expect any more dev work on MSO unless someone gets a rush of bloody to the head. By all means hack away at the scripts if you want force things on or off though.

I can't repro any of those bugs you're talking about in 4.6 sorry. I have no issue with artillery camps or militia units as you describe - they stay disabled when I set them to off. The moonwalking AI is more likely an indication that the spawners are working better than in 4.5, but therefore your server CPU is getting overloaded because there is more AI around (hence why we added HC to spread the load). Try tuning it all down a bit.

Generally we've had pretty reasonably performance with 4.6 and one HC on our fairly middling dedi box and up to 15 players. However it's by no means flawless and it needs regular restarts to keep it working properly - thankfully PDB works well and 'saves' progress.

Hi there, Could someone please tell me where I find the option to increase the amount of lives, or make them infinite for that matter?

Thanks

4.5 does not support HC out of the box, you'd have to retrofit the parts from 4.6 dev (try using something like Winmerge). 4.6 may (or may not) ever get released as it was an experiment with HC anyway and we're concentrating on Next Gen now, so don't expect any more dev work on MSO unless someone gets a rush of bloody to the head. By all means hack away at the scripts if you want force things on or off though.

I can't repro any of those bugs you're talking about in 4.6 sorry. I have no issue with artillery camps or militia units as you describe - they stay disabled when I set them to off. The moonwalking AI is more likely an indication that the spawners are working better than in 4.5, but therefore your server CPU is getting overloaded because there is more AI around (hence why we added HC to spread the load). Try tuning it all down a bit.

Generally we've had pretty reasonably performance with 4.6 and one HC on our fairly middling dedi box and up to 15 players. However it's by no means flawless and it needs regular restarts to keep it working properly - thankfully PDB works well and 'saves' progress.

Well I have completely no idea why it happens to me than, in params I always disabled the arty site's and they pop'ed up even with wrong units that were disabled, either way I will give it a go once again with 4.6, if they will keep on appearing ((if yes i can provide video)) what should I do then?

Allow me to ask only one question tho... No more MSO for ArmA 2? Next Gen is for arma 3 only right?

EDIT: Just tried mso 4.6 with HC but all I get is black screen after couple of initializations...?

EDIT 2: Right, still getting the Arty sites spawning when disabled... Please someone help me out with this thing...

Edited by Sakai

This mission truly rocks. Anyway, i had some troubles getting suicide bombers to work. I have no idea what i need to change. They wont spawn, regardless what i select in the parameters.

Did i miss something?

Having great trouble setting up MSO 4.5 with Persistent Database,

Does anybody have a full archived list of files that I need?

So far I have added @ArmA2NET in my root arma 2 folder, in that I put Arma2NETMySQLPlugin in the "AddIns" folder within @ArmA2NET.

I have specified Databases.txt in the root arma 2 folder with correct details.

I also installed the MySQL Connector.

My servers launch command lines are as follows

set CUSTOM_MODS6=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@Arma2NET;@CBA_CO;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@EOD;@CLAfghan;@mb_objects;@opx_objects;@razmisc;@JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE;@ToraBora;@Fallujah
set DEFAULT_PARAMETERS6=-BEPath=%MSO_PATH%\BattlEye -config=%MSO_PATH%\config.cfg -Profiles=%MSO_PATH% -cfg=%MSO_PATH%\basic.cfg -arma2netdev

if	%version%==6 (
cd /D "%ARMA2OA_PATH%"
start expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe %DEFAULT_PARAMETERS6% "-mod=%CUSTOM_MODS6%"
goto :home
)

Anybody have any ideas of what I may have forgotten or messed up?

--Update--

One part of the problem

Log: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Games\Retail Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion\beta\AddIns'.

What's the point in throwing back an AddIns DirectoryNotFound exception for "expansion\beta" when it's inside the @ArmA2NET folder?

For 1 year now I have been intermittently attempting to set up MSO with PDB and I've had absolutely nothing but problems due to the lack of informative tutorials.

Edited by ColinM9991

Colin, beta/addins seems strange... Join mso skype channel or fling me an pm so we can help you set it up.

I resolved it by moving all dll files and AddIns folder from @ArmA2NET in to expansion\beta\ folder

I'll still PM you however, I'd prefer to keep all that stuff running independently from mod folders :p

Amazing mission dude :)

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

I resolved it by moving all dll files and AddIns folder from @ArmA2NET in to expansion\beta\ folder

I'll still PM you however, I'd prefer to keep all that stuff running independently from mod folders :p

the armaoa.exe looks up the modfolders in the location where its at but there is an easy way where you can have all your mods in your main A2 folder and still running the beta:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101214-ARMA-2-CO-%28how-to-combine-ARMA-2-into-ARMA-2-OA-and-use-together%29

those cmd files reference your mod folders "static" like -mod=%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Arma2NET;

in opposite to running it via link -mod=@Arma2NET; (where it would look into the beta folder, and prolly doesnt find the @arma2net folder)