Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Only if I can have my ball back first please :( lol!

Kuunmies is now up and running...............Enjoy! :yay:

Thanks! You made my day!

There seems to be some confusion over the development direction of MSO at the moment. Let me clear this up for you:

MSO 4.6 is the last iteration of MSO. There will be no further developments by the MSO team and no further (official) bug fixing. Health warning: read the rest before hitting reply

The project is taking a new direction for ArmA3 with a complete rewrite from the ground up. The new project is not called MSO (it has a new super secret working title that is so secret we don't even know it ourselves). Work on this has been going on for some months already. The essence is still the same - a dynamic modular mission framework - but the approach is completely different. It will be some months yet before we get anything close to an alpha release.

Meanwhile, MSO 4.6 is in the process of being transferred to ArmA3 by a group of willing volunteers and some members of the core team but this is not our main effort and there are not plans to develop MSO further in its current form. However, it will give you (most) of the MSO goodness to play with during the ArmA3 alpha/beta, but please do not ask for new features cos there won't be any!

Edited by friznit2

The only thing i would like to ask for is what i asked for a few pages ago:

Did anyone manage to get the multiplayer permissions to work with 4.6? I really, really, i mean really want this to work on my server :)

Thanks for the update Friznit2

The only thing i would like to ask for is what i asked for a few pages ago:

Did anyone manage to get the multiplayer permissions to work with 4.6? I really, really, i mean really want this to work on my server :)

I fiddled with this at some point but couldn't get it to work properly.. I'm sure it was something I was doing wrong. You are referring to the mso_uid.txt thing correct?

I am running into trouble setting up the MP rights. I put the mso_uids.txt im the right spot on the server (\mso\msouids.txt) and created a single entry in this file which looks like this:

where xxx is the uid of my profile.

In game however i cant enter any vehicle nor can i call in logistic support. I get this error you can see in the following screenshot:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/kjb0-1-c4ca.png

I am using the latest Git (MSO 4.6)

Anyone able to help?

Yeah Savage, the above is my original post. Cant get it to work properly.

Yeah Savage, the above is my original post. Cant get it to work properly.

Were you able to get it working in 4.55 and now it doesn't work in 4.6? Someone else might have to chime in here...

Havent tried it in 4.55. The server is pretty New.

Probably when it's done... no sooner though :o

We can't get MSO to stay up longer than like 15 minutes on our server. We even turned off the PDB stuff. We can't seem to figure out what is wrong. :/

We can't get MSO to stay up longer than like 15 minutes on our server. We even turned off the PDB stuff. We can't seem to figure out what is wrong. :/

Some more information would help to see what the issue is.

What are your server specs, what mods are you using, what settings, please supply your log files.

Thanks

Try ruuning it with;

1 - CBA only first

2 - then add Arma2Net if you're using PDB

3 - then ACE, ACRE

4 - the rest of your mods 1 by 1

Still havent figured out the problems i got with the permissions system (see my previous posts in this thread) Anyone got it working with 4.6?

Hmm is something wrong with your git? Git is telling me access is denied or its not up. I have used git before. I am wanting to grab the 4.6 mso for A2.

Some more information would help to see what the issue is.

What are your server specs, what mods are you using, what settings, please supply your log files.

Thanks

I am with you on this Gunny, would like to see the logs especially... MSO is very good about logging issues in the RPT... grab the server rpt files. I have running with 4.6, 4.55 and all other versions previous without issues with the exception of known problems... also, are you running the beta? certain beta versions are known to crash a lot too so if the current beta is having an issue, try a version lower if that be the case... :)

OTSIT: MP Rights? will test out and report back... running 4.6 build. :)

-VRCRaptor

Zarx, please provide some more details. What is happening actually... Is server crashing suddenly, performance drops before, which modules are used, does it crash without any mods beside our supported ones (ace, acre, eod, aim, cba) and also provide logs please!

Thanks in advance

Highhead

We got it fixed. Its working now.. I am trying to get 4.6 now from github and git keeps telling me that i dont have access or the repo doesnt exsist... lol

We got it fixed. Its working now.. I am trying to get 4.6 now from github and git keeps telling me that i dont have access or the repo doesnt exsist... lol

What commands are you running in GIT?

the git clone one

Exact command will help mate

Try this

git clone -b develop git://git.dev-heaven.net/mso.git MSO_46

This will place it in a directory called MSO_46 in the directory you run the command from.

Gunny1979,

Are you saying that the BASE_MISSION folder in GIT is the 4.6 version? Because it does not say that anywhere, it says in Changelog 4.5?

I was using everything but the mso_46 part

I was using everything but the mso_46 part

The mso_46 just sets the directory it is cloned to locally.

@Vengeance - That is the development branch of MSO (-b develop), so is 4.6 yes, the changelog will state that in this branch. It will be merged with the master (release) branch once it is fully ready and released.

Edited by Gunny1979

There seems to be some confusion over the development direction of MSO at the moment. Let me clear this up for you:

MSO 4.6 is the last iteration of MSO. There will be no further developments by the MSO team and no further (official) bug fixing. Health warning: read the rest before hitting reply

The project is taking a new direction for ArmA3 with a complete rewrite from the ground up. The new project is not called MSO (it has a new super secret working title that is so secret we don't even know it ourselves). Work on this has been going on for some months already. The essence is still the same - a dynamic modular mission framework - but the approach is completely different. It will be some months yet before we get anything close to an alpha release.

Meanwhile, MSO 4.6 is in the process of being transferred to ArmA3 by a group of willing volunteers and some members of the core team but this is not our main effort and there are not plans to develop MSO further in its current form. However, it will give you (most) of the MSO goodness to play with during the ArmA3 alpha/beta, but please do not ask for new features cos there won't be any!

Answers are here ;)