Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

hi, I've been playing around with one of the latest Dev builds of 4.6, on IslaDuala. Really good - the locality options are great for single player using dedi server/client on multi core: 'ultra' graphics, 5k viewdistance, 4 cores running at 70 to 90%, server steady on 50FPS, client stable on 45. Result! Pinned down by Rebel technicals had to call in two Ugly callsigns for air support, not a single stutter or frame drop. None of the giveaway CQB spawn micro stutters either.

Good to hear!! I've been distracted with A3 and the MSO-style mission that has already been released (CQB one).. which I think uses the same build (ie: has a locality option).

Question for anyone who knows: How do I adjust how quickly enemy dead bodies are cleaned up for the CQB populator? I understand it's quite aggressive in order to keep things running smoothly however I'd like to try bumping it up to just a bit longer to allow players to recover items on dead bodies.

:cool:

Question for anyone who knows: How do I adjust how quickly enemy dead bodies are cleaned up for the CQB populator? I understand it's quite aggressive in order to keep things running smoothly however I'd like to try bumping it up to just a bit longer to allow players to recover items on dead bodies.

Search for deleteVehicle keyword in the CQB module and you should find it. Technically, you could comment it out as the standard Garbage Collector will remove dead bodies if they have been there for 5 mins and there are no players within 500m of the dead body.

hello im having some issues getting the persistent data base setup on my server. and was wondering if any body could help me out? issue i have right now is client is loading persistent data. but it never goes past that.

hello im having some issues getting the persistent data base setup on my server. and was wondering if any body could help me out? issue i have right now is client is loading persistent data. but it never goes past that.

Sure thing.

Paste your reports into pastebin and place the links in here mate will have a look.

Will need server.rpt, arma2Net logs

i cant seam to get a rpt file. but logs i can get you along with any thing else. hell im willing to remotedesk top at this point lol

i cant seam to get a rpt file. but logs i can get you along with any thing else. hell im willing to remotedesk top at this point lol

Do you have Skype? If so I can add to you to our Skype channel, PM me your contact details. If im not around then someone else is bound to be that can help.

Do you have Skype? If so I can add to you to our Skype channel, PM me your contact details. If im not around then someone else is bound to be that can help.

yes xxkazenokizuxx is my skype here is the paste bin of some of the net log

http://pastebin.com/xwG5fBxQ

We are happy to assist anyone, who may have issues setting up MSO, PDB or creating their own variant.

All we ask is that you are courteous, and we will do anything to assist (witihin reason.......well Friz might do anything).

What we dont take to kindly is being abused on Skype, when trying to assist you.

:D

I am running into trouble setting up the MP rights. I put the mso_uids.txt im the right spot on the server (\mso\msouids.txt) and created a single entry in this file which looks like this:

[

["xxxx", "LIEUTENANT", ["admin"]] /*twinrix*/

]

where xxx is the uid of my profile.

In game however i cant enter any vehicle nor can i call in logistic support. I get this error you can see in the following screenshot:

kjb0-1-c4ca.png

I am using the latest Git (MSO 4.6)

Anyone able to help?

Kazenokizu: Your database isn't connection properly. The most common cause of your problem is step 4 of setting up PDB:

4. Copy Databases.txt from Arma2netMysql folder to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL (-> create the folder if not there)

open the file, delete the #, change username to arma and change password (last two entries on line)

SQL with Workbench is actually very self explanatory. I don't know anything about it either but can happily follow the instructions and get it working first time - everything listed in our Wiki can be found with a quick Google if you run into problems.

@Otsit

I'll have to defer to one of the coders who made that module. I'm not even certain it's functioning anymore because noone really used it.

How about some East side MSO missions? All I see are West missions. Some of us are from the other side of the curtain... :)

Pretty please? :D

yes xxkazenokizuxx is my skype here is the paste bin of some of the net log

http://pastebin.com/xwG5fBxQ

yea i still need help

Have you installed Baretail Monitor? (As per the MSO debug section)

---- DEBUGGING ----

Install baretail log monitor

In baretail open the server rpt and the arma2net log file (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2NET) - will indicate if MySQLPlugIn has been successfully loaded.

Once in game, in baretail open the mysqlplugin log (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL\logs\[date].log - will indicate if SQL calls have been successful.

there are no logs to give and i dont want to install things i dont really need atm. i need a more general idea of why this would happen

i think i fixed it my self

Edited by kazenokizu

there are no logs to give and i dont want to install things i dont really need atm. i need a more general idea of why this would happen

i think i fixed it my self

Did you do all of this:

---- SETTING UP PDB ----

1. Check that MYSQL Server is running and import SQL dump using MySQL Workbench
    get MSO[date].sql from mission folder \core\modules\persistentDB\ or use download-link below (attachments)
  2. In MySQL Workbench > Manage Security > Setup a user called arma (set password) and give it dba permissions, ensure user can only connect from localhost.
  3. Download and copy @Arma2Net folder to ArmA2(OA) Root directory (use download-link in attachments)
  4. Copy Databases.txt (from Arma2netMysql folder) to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL (-> create the folder if not there)
    open the file, delete the #, change username to arma and change password (last two entries on line)
  5. Update dedicated server (armaoaserver.exe) launch shortcut and add @Arma2NET to mod line
  6. Launch the dedicated server shortcut, start up a mission with PDB and make sure it is switched to "ON" on params.

@Otsit

I'll have to defer to one of the coders who made that module. I'm not even certain it's functioning anymore because noone really used it.

Would be nice to know if this still works. Banging my head against the wall here :)

ok so here is the log

http://pastebin.com/LYSFabP1

here is what i have done.

removed my sql

reset every thing and wiped it clean

started new followed the guide to the last detail

still same issues log shows nothing

me and a friend could not figure out the problem

and i could use some help big time with this.

hi, I've been playing around with one of the latest Dev builds of 4.6, on IslaDuala. Really good - the locality options are great for single player using dedi server/client on multi core: 'ultra' graphics, 5k viewdistance, 4 cores running at 70 to 90%, server steady on 50FPS, client stable on 45. Result! Pinned down by Rebel technicals had to call in two Ugly callsigns for air support, not a single stutter or frame drop. None of the giveaway CQB spawn micro stutters either.

Where did you get the newest version? (4.6)

ok so here is the log

http://pastebin.com/LYSFabP1

here is what i have done.

removed my sql

reset every thing and wiped it clean

started new followed the guide to the last detail

still same issues log shows nothing

me and a friend could not figure out the problem

and i could use some help big time with this.

Can you try changing the port to 3306, as this is the port mysql uses.

Search for deleteVehicle keyword in the CQB module and you should find it. Technically, you could comment it out as the standard Garbage Collector will remove dead bodies if they have been there for 5 mins and there are no players within 500m of the dead body.

Thanks!!

Someone mentioned it already but make sure your database.txt file is in your Arma directory... if that doesn't work try putting it here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL (-> create the folder if not there)

This is where I failed during the setup and clients connecting hung at the same spot (loading persistent data)

Where did you get the newest version? (4.6)

github, details in this thread. will require you install git.

its on 3306 log might be a tad out of date :P

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

ok so yea this is getting no where can some body just hop on teamspeak with me please ? so i can get this fixed i have done every thing ! and it still dont work

its on 3306 log might be a tad out of date :P

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

ok so yea this is getting no where can some body just hop on teamspeak with me please ? so i can get this fixed i have done every thing ! and it still dont work

What exactly doesn't work? Let's work through this, because if you follow the guide to-the-letter it works first time every time.

What exactly doesn't work? Let's work through this, because if you follow the guide to-the-letter it works first time every time.

ok i have done that i hate to tell you it dont work.

and i have said what does not work.

"client is reciving persistent data please wait" i get stuck at that i followed guide. i repeated guide. did not work. repeated guide again did not wor. posted on here getting nothing usefull then follow guide. i ask friend who deals with my sql for a living we get no where. i repeat again by my self still nothing. i ask on here for help again i get follow the guide it works they say. well not getting me any where so teamspeak help would be great.