Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Hi,

Use ammo, ammo_1, respawn_west markers at your base to save it from enemy spawnings!

Civis will spawn if there is a town near, its too much hazzle to change that now - just think of them as icecream-vendors :-)

Enjoy

Thanks that fixed it but biggest problem lol is that on artificial airfield, there are trucks, cars on roof's and inside buildings lol xd

As well is it possible to make two spawn points for one faction and each "squad" team can choose where to spawn?

Edited by Sakai

I have a question: PO2 and MSO tasks are spawn on a radius around the Player FOB? Because in some maps the fob is on the corner of the map and them i get tasks (especially from PO2) in weird places with nothing around! how do i fix that?

First off, the mission is running great, and as far as playing goes, there is no obvious errors.

Got HC too!

However after checking my log I did find this...

Info: 03:02:15 - Parsing parameters...
Warning: 03:02:15 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Incorrect integer value: 'any' for column 'tsc' at row 1
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int32& insertedId)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int32& insertedId)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
  at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.RunOnDatabase(MySqlCommand command, Int32 maxResultSize)

I thought I'd throw it up here...

I need to see the full log please nailz, specifically which unit this was thrown on. I am aware of an issue where the server ondisconnected EVH is trying to save the HC's data when you end the mission. It's not a game breaker since the PDB does not load on the HC - hence the error.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Yo NailZ!

Please stick to Skype MSO channel for PDB concerns as you already in the MSO group!

BIF thread should be for quick support / questions / feedback!

Thanks mate!

HH

Highhead,

Will you be making available a MSO-HC-Test that supports the new Beta using "[101333] A new mission.sqm unit value forceHeadlessClient used to mark a role reserved for a HC"??

Vengeance

Highhead,

Will you be making available a MSO-HC-Test that supports the new Beta using "[101333] A new mission.sqm unit value forceHeadlessClient used to mark a role reserved for a HC"??

Vengeance

Sure vengeance! DEV code is stable and fully HC compatible already, also the new commands are working nicely (already tested)

I will send you latest code in some hours as PM!

By the way mate, i would really appreciate having you in the skype convo, as you are MSO active since long time and im sure you are having nice inputs - just think about it!

Laters mate

Had a great joint session with about 25 players last weekend here's some vids if anyone is interested:

Ground troops highlights:

CAS (long one):

Forgot to ask.. do you use a modified version of Patrol Ops in MSO?

Edited by SavageCDN

Hey Savage!

Really NICE videos mate!

And yeah PO2 module in MSO is properly modified, you can use the standard PO2 missions or Auto-selection of MSO targets! We also made some new missions like "find the nuke" :)

enjoy!

Bear in mind your arma2oa.cfg settings will affect your performance also. I recommend using these settings as they have been proven in a large community, especially if you're using HC.

[Monday, 28 January 2013 8:39 AM] Dslyecxi (Andrew): atm we're using:

MinBandwidth=71457280;

MaxBandwidth=322428800;

MaxMsgSend=1024;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512;

MinErrorToSend=0.020000001;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.020000001;

This works up to ~135 players, at which point the packetloss bug becomes an issue. I don't know if tweaking the config would influence that at all.

The big coop we did yesterday, which spanned all of Celle 2 and had armor, FW, RW, and an MLRS, faced off against shitloads of Russian armor, FW, RW, and infantry, had ~200 AI active at any given time and we probably ended up going through the better part of 700-1000 AI over the course of about two hours. Oh, and that was at a playercount of ~100

Hi,

I'm currently working on a ACE MSO adaptation with heavily customised BIS Warfare module (e.g. ACE equipment added, etc.) mostly for my SP LAN use. I was getting very poor performance and in the process I've disabled some modules that were not critical for my type of mission (e.g. Animals, air/sea traffic, database, NOMAD), but it didn't seem to help.

The breaktrough came when disabling the town manager module. Before I had very poor performance (e.g. markers on map took a minute to update when capturing WF elements, warfare menus took ages to load.) Most importantly the overall game and framerate was totally laggy. Almost unplayable if AI count went over 200.

After disabling the town manager module all of these were solved and frame rate came back to soemthing similar to default warfare, menus loaded imediatly. The AI count was overall similar like before (200+) but game works quite well from the tests I managed to make. I had to also stop the IED module same time since it get and error, but EnemyPop and CQ modules still seem to work without issues.

What I suspect to have caused my poor performance is the fact that Town Manager creates triggers for every town on the map (I was playing on Chernarus) and these triggers are then checked very often per second (I read it someplace but I don't remember the exact number) wich eat up a lot of the processor cycles. Since Chernarus have 40+ cities this behaviour might confirm why it took over a minute to see an update on the map.

I'm not sure how this will translate on a dedicated server, but just wanted to highlight this in case it might help some other SP LAN players with poor perfomance.

For my mission I just disabled the module, since I had similar functionality in the warfare module, but a solution, in case this is really something that can save some fps on dedicated servers, might be to replace the triggers witha a script that runs once every e.g. 10 seconds and checks the number of east, west, etc unitis in a XXX meters radius of each town and then does the rest of the things (e.g. updates the markers and HUMITN). This is likely to eat up less cpu cycles thant 40 triggers checking every x frames.

Hope it helps!

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else experienced CTD while running MSO? My group and I have been constantly crashing under odd circumstances with nothing in the RPT or midp files to point to what is causing it.

Wolffy will we being seeing a standalone version of the client-side ambient civilians anytime?

RattSplat it happened to us while hosting the mission on a VServer. Not anymore since we use a "real" root server. It was always 3 or 4 people CTDing exactly the same time.

BTW: I am desperatly searching for an 4.5 or 4.55 Reshman MSO mission. Can anyone guide me to any? Thanks a lot!

MSO missions are very easy to port over to new maps. In fact the easiest is to depbo an existing mission, rename the extension to .reshmaan, open it in the editor and move stuff around as desired, then repbo it. I'd sling you mine but it would take me longer to strip out all the addons than it would for you to create a new one tbh!

As for crashing, we've not had any crashes with beta_Build_101334. We've run Reshmaan for nearly 3 weeks, restarting the server every 2 days or so to clear things up. Generally it's been very stable with only the odd bit of scripts screwing up from time to time, but then we run a lot of mods so it's to be expected.

Wolffy will we being seeing a standalone version of the client-side ambient civilians anytime?

Sorry mate, as of the current development version, I've moved away from client-side ambient civs to headless client. Technically, we could rip it out of v4.55 somehow, but since its a major change from the original BIS code, I didn't want to release it stand-alone.

The Modules Improvement Project (MIP) was mainly around bug-fixing and minor enhancements. Client-side ambient civilians is a significant change and I wasn't sure if it should be released as part of that project. If there is enough interest, I would consider the effort required.

I'm sure a lot of communities that don't have the knowledge to use HC yet would appreciate that. To be honest I didn't even know you had implemented that in 4.55 if I hadn't found your blog :). I hope we can get some people to request it!

I get way better performance playing MSO single player using dedicated server and the game on the same machine than just playing in lan or testing the mso mission on the editor. Would be possible to have dedicated server, HC and the game in the same machine and get better performance or this is just good for multiplayer? I have a i7 3930k that is a 6 cores.

I get way better performance playing MSO single player using dedicated server and the game on the same machine than just playing in lan or testing the mso mission on the editor. Would be possible to have dedicated server, HC and the game in the same machine and get better performance or this is just good for multiplayer? I have a i7 3930k that is a 6 cores.

I play like you, on a 4 core i2500k.

You might be able to get a little better performance, but I don't think it would be noticeable unless you have a lot of AI as, if your experience is anything like mine, you probably find that your server is running at 50FPS all the time.

Is your CPU overclocked? CPU clock speed makes a big difference to performance of the server particularly. Mine is running at 4.7Ghz. If you are running at stock then it might be worth trying the HC to make use of the spare cores and spread the load a bit.

Edited by jiltedjock

I play like you, on a 4 core i2500k.

You might be able to get a little better performance, but I don't think it would be noticeable unless you have a lot of AI as, if your experience is anything like mine, you probably find that your server is running at 50FPS all the time.

Is your CPU overclocked? CPU clock speed makes a big difference to performance of the server particularly. Mine is running at 4.7Ghz. If you are running at stock then it might be worth trying the HC to make use of the spare cores and spread the load a bit.

I don't have performance issues but in arma 2 more is always better!lol but i do have civilians, animals and wild dogs disable!That is why i ask, because if HC, Dserver and game gives better performance i will enable those options!

My cpu is running at 4.8ghz 24/7 and gtx 680 sli boost at 1320/1752ghz.

Thanks!

We are running MSO 4.55 and loving it, however we cant seem to get the PDB part running.

Just getting stuck on 'Please wait while setting up client...'

We have been running a server on the MSO 4.5 before so all programs and stuff should be working... But just cant get pass this error.

Is there an manual or something that ive missed?

Make sure you've dropped your old db schema and imported the latest one included in the PDB folder. There were quite a few changes to the db in the uplift to 4.55

I don't have performance issues but in arma 2 more is always better!lol but i do have civilians, animals and wild dogs disable!That is why i ask, because if HC, Dserver and game gives better performance i will enable those options!

My cpu is running at 4.8ghz 24/7 and gtx 680 sli boost at 1320/1752ghz.

Thanks!

Well, I guess what would be interesting is that the server is limited to 50FPS, which I guess sets a limit on the potential clock cycles available to the AI scripts. So having the AI managed by the HC on some of your spare cores might result in even better AI performance.

It would certainly be interesting to hear how the game played when all 6 cores were contributing, which is obviously what would happen if you ran client/dedi server/HC on your PC.

For a little while I experimented with giving the client and server cpu settings in the startup eg 2 cores each, and also with setting process affinity, however I have found the best performance to be just leaving them alone.

Edited by jiltedjock