Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

thanks highhead...making a suitcase dirty bomb that travels with a group of terrorists. that bomb will only need to blow up once...lol. thanks for your help.

Oh I really like that idea!

Gunny1979 thanks again!

Do i need to add a code on the objects/vehicles init for every thing that i add on the map? Exemple: on the little bird init " 0 = [this, 43200, 9999999] execVM "support\scripts\vehicle.sqf"; " Where do i get the code for every vehicle/object?

Edit:I got it!

Edited by Grillob3

" 0 = [this, 43200, 9999999] execVM "support\scripts\vehicle.sqf"; "

Tells the object that it respawns after 12 hours when it is destroyed and i think it also enables the extended features like towing it and beeing able to pack it into a vehicle etc.

BTT:

Revive only works with ACE wounds enabled? Did i get this right?

thanks highhead...making a suitcase dirty bomb that travels with a group of terrorists. that bomb will only need to blow up once...lol. thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

do you recommend using a marker or a gamelogic as the pos to blow the nuke?

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

I tried what you recommended highhead...i cant get the bomb to blow. made a trigger with... nul = [[0,0,0]] execvm "scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf"; nothing happened...tried it with an object... nul = [nuke] execvm "scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf"; nothing happened...any ideas?

Hi,

Make sure you put your viewdistance up, place yourself about 2.5km away of the pos you want it to go off and then execute in debugconsole [_pos] execvm "scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf" locally for a test. I ran it up a few days ago, and i can confirm that it works fine. If it works with th debug console it will also ork with a trigger, but it should help you to nail it down!

HH

Hi all!

I hope this is right place for my post.

I want inform the community we are hosting in a dedicated server in Germany an MSO 4.55 on Esbekistan with ACE 1.14, M109A6 Paladin mod and my group use ACRE version v1.3.7.

The map will be on from yesterday till 31/01/2012 with working persistent database, TS3 IP 46.4.38.79:8087

banner_560x95.png?random=266092

for information please send me pm in this forum.

Edited by Fr3eMan

" 0 = [this, 43200, 9999999] execVM "support\scripts\vehicle.sqf"; "

Tells the object that it respawns after 12 hours when it is destroyed and i think it also enables the extended features like towing it and beeing able to pack it into a vehicle etc.

BTT:

Revive only works with ACE wounds enabled? Did i get this right?

R3F revive will only work in vanilla, non-ace overall!

For ACE revive use the poor mans revive, and edit init-mods.sqf accordingly!

Laters :-)

HH,

What kind of pos are you using? Grid? Marker? Object? Show me an example of how you'd call it...wanna make sure I can replicate.

Thanks.

Also, getting some mySQL errors after setting up pdb last night...you want that posted here or devheaven?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

[[0,0,0]] execvm "scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf" will fire a nuke on [0,0,0], also check your logs for errors please!

If you got mysql errors due to weatherplugin and utilities plugin, just delete those (unused ones) from your arma2net folder, they wont do any harm. You are very welcome to join us in our MSO skype channel if you need detailed support for PDB!

As we discussed today - there even will be another update soon which improves stability and initialisation esp. for PDB and furthermore... it will be fully !! headless client compatible !! And thanks to Glowball and his AIM mod, even food and water will come to MSO in a database persistet way!

Currently we have 3 clans that test the sh... out of it with GREAT SUCCESS and we are in the final stage of testings already

HH

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Very cool comrade!

Regarding the MSO server session, I also posted it in our MSO channel! Will try to come on on the weekends!

If you use PDB, I suggest you restart it after a few days just to give server some fresh air! Everything will be back up as before!

Enjoy!

Warning: 01:56:27 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Incorrect integer value: 'any' for column 'tsc' at row 198

That's what I'm getting weirdly enough...its hanging up at the setting up client on the PDB screen. I'd love to join your skype channel.

It's a known bug that is fixed in the next version. What is actually happening is that the server is trying to update the player's data before the player has finished init. It's a race condition if you like.

Is there a known fix or workaround available now? What's the timeframe for a release of the next version?

It wont happen all the time, if you restart with a different mission name it is solved in 99% of all cases!

Timeframe is very short :-) as i said we are currently only testing and fixing!

Enjoy

PS: it also depends on how many mods you run etc. So try a stock takistan mso 4.5 with only ace and cba to check!

Can someone give me a parameter list or something to get this mission working.

It has so much promise but every time our community plays it, its ends in utter failure.

For example:

Last time we had groups of enemy AI appear and disappear, which had laser aim. Tasks popping up saying there is enemy armor in an Area and then ticking completed about 5 seconds later.

Just FYI we are testing the Revive Script for ACE2 Wounding in conjunction with MSO (all persistent stuff in revive turned off) and so far it seems to work great.. albeit only in NOMAD not persistent DB. Will let you know if we get it working in PDB as well.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?110129-Revive-script-for-ACE2-Wounding-system-V1-5

As we discussed today - there even will be another update soon which improves stability and initialisation esp. for PDB and furthermore... it will be fully !! headless client compatible !! And thanks to Glowball and his AIM mod, even food and water will come to MSO in a database persistet way!

Uh... awesome??

@Bonhart - never had that issue with vehicle fuel. Are you sure you've turned the engines off? It may be related to the Vehicle Keys addon, which I believe removes the vehicle fuel to prevent others driving off with it. Make sure the vehicle keys are returned before logging off and that may solve it.

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried, as you write, turn off the engine, the ignition keys were available on the vehicle before I leaving the game, but it does not help. After rebooting the server, the vehicle fuel tank was empty. Previously, Vehicle Keys option in sever parameters was disabled. I turned it on for test, but nothing has changed. Do you have any other solution to the problem?

Can someone give me a parameter list or something to get this mission working.

It has so much promise but every time our community plays it, its ends in utter failure.

For example:

Last time we had groups of enemy AI appear and disappear, which had laser aim. Tasks popping up saying there is enemy armor in an Area and then ticking completed about 5 seconds later.

Make sure you don't have OFPOR and resistance as enemies.. perhaps when they spawn in they are killing the tanks which completes the task? The laser aim thing.. not sure that has anything to do with MSO that sounds like default Arma AI

Trying to remember what params we use that might be helpful:

Turn off Zora spawn groups

No Civs (just vehicles)

Turn off most ambient stuff

Try turning off most parameters for performance sake as a poorly-running server can have strange stuff going on :) Then if things are working OK turn them back on one at a time and test. Yes this is a bunch of work but it is worth it.

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried, as you write, turn off the engine, the ignition keys were available on the vehicle before I leaving the game, but it does not help. After rebooting the server, the vehicle fuel tank was empty. Previously, Vehicle Keys option in sever parameters was disabled. I turned it on for test, but nothing has changed. Do you have any other solution to the problem?

Sorry I'm out of ideas. It's not a bug we've seen elsewhere. Be sure you're not running any other mods/scripts to rule out anything that's not MSO related.

Is there a known fix or workaround available now? What's the timeframe for a release of the next version?

You can always grab our latest development branch from Dev-heaven https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/repository/show?rev=develop, these files are the basis for the next release and contain the fix. You will need to drop your existing database and use the new MSODatabase.sql schema. This is pre-release code use at your own risk. We cannot actively support the development branch here but if you have questions about it, please ask to join our Skype channel.

Edited by [KH]Jman

No Civs (just vehicles)

Turn off most ambient stuff

Try turning off most parameters for performance sake as a poorly-running server can have strange stuff going on :) Then if things are working OK turn them back on one at a time and test. Yes this is a bunch of work but it is worth it.

Hmmm, the civs etc run on the clients as far as I am aware.

How do i reset (clear) PDB? So the map starts from fresh.

And is there a way to save the "task" on PDB? for single player on a dedicated server so when i come back still there for me to finish.

Should i leave server.cfg persistent "on" or "off" for single player?

Drop the database schema and import a fresh one. Alternatively just change the name of the mission and it will use a new mission id (mid) in the database. If you mean PO2 tasks, I don't think those can be saved due to the way they work.

The cgf Persistent flag has no impact on MSO - but if you want the server to continue running when the last player (you or a Headless Client if you're running one) logs off, then you want it On. Otherwise the server will shut down when the last client quits.

friznit2

big thanks!

Are you guys trying to make MSO kinda like dayz but military (way cooler!) Would be really nice!

Can you explain this more clearly? Me and my friends love the revive in vanilla MSO but can't play without Ace.

Thanks for the otherwise great mission!

No, we're trying to make MSO like MSO.

@Zatyr - edit init-mods.sqf and add the following lines under //ACE WOUNDS

ace_wounds_prevtime = 600; //10min counter on 'death'.  Change timer as you prefer.
	ace_sys_wounds_no_rpunish = true; //will not be unconscious if you hit respawn button

Then turn off all the other REVIVE stuff in MSO (R3F etc). When you get shot, you will black out and have no access to ACRE or SideChat and your buddies will have 10 mins to revive you using the ACE medical system. For more info, check out the ACE Wiki.

Edited by friznit2