Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Have you tested our stock mission first? We recommend you do that before attempting to run your own customized MSO missions.

Did you wait for the mission to init?

On briefing screen, check MSO notes, go to initialization and wait for Completed.

Info: 04:35:17 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: RemoveLandVehicles Parameters: tmid=any

This is the first proper entry in the DB log... suggests your DB is not connected correctly. Ensure you follow the wiki - https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/wiki#PersistentDB-setup-for-MSO-45

Cheers

Tup

PS. This is what a correct sql log looks like

Info: 16:52:16 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.
Info: 16:52:16 - Version number: 0.1.0.0
Info: 16:52:16 - Compiled against Arma2NET Version: TBF
Info: 16:52:16 - Loading databases...
Info: 16:52:16 - Type: mysql Database: arma IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: arma Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons
Info: 16:52:17 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: GetMissionByName Parameters: tna=mso_32_ace_coop_baf_usa_vs_tak_ins_gue_4-5
Info: 16:52:17 - Parsing parameters...

Edited by Tupolov

Hi!

There are sooo many errors in that server .rpt that we cant say what is happening in there, what comes due to customization, which codebase was used etc...

Please run a STOCK MSO 4.5 ACE mission (f.e. the takistan one from the 7zip) with PDB on your dedicated server, leave the DEFAULT settings and wait for it to initalize correctly before hitting "continue".

Then please post the logs again so we all can see the difference!

Thanks man!

HH

hi guys

could you tell me a little about how the spawn/despawn works for CQB units please? Is the spawn / de-spawn radius from town centres, or is it from player units? I have been through the scripts and am finding it a little tricky to get a clear picture.

thanks

More thanks!! I am hoping to have time over the holidays to test out the HC with MSO.

I would thoroughly recommend using the newest version of TPW suppression, set to "2" (multiplayer, effects server AI and client AI), and also ASR AI. I also use a heavily de-scoped GL4 (basically just to get the info sharing and also the splitting of AI groups into smaller flanking groups)

Interesting.. re: GL4 do you use specific .pbos from the mix or do you just // out the stuff you're not using? My experience with GL4 has not been great recently but I do not customize it much.

Alternatively you could use DAC http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10621 to create the friendly groups and also to create a DAC waypoints zone whcih covers most of the map, so the AI Blufor groups will go off and do their own thing. They will basically appear to be patrolling as they will use roads until they are in contact. You can set DAC up so that cargo units in groups will leave vehicles at waypoints and patrol, check buildings etc. That can be quite an immersive way to play as conflict will erupt all over the place, particularly if you are using MSO static enemypop.

Bloody great idea.. have you actually tried this out?

hi guys

could you tell me a little about how the spawn/despawn works for CQB units please? Is the spawn / de-spawn radius from town centres, or is it from player units? I have been through the scripts and am finding it a little tricky to get a clear picture.

thanks

Great to see ppl fiddling with MSO! Yesh, CQB is a bit complex. It goes by the theory that terrorists wont run out in the open if choppers are circling above them, but instead stay in their house and play Xbox. In short, as a player moves near of fortifications (bunkers etc.) or near a populated enemy house enemies will spawn on the players client (and are visible to all other players).

I wont spoil how it works exactly here to not break immersion, sending you PM!

latersh!

Interesting.. re: GL4 do you use specific .pbos from the mix or do you just // out the stuff you're not using? My experience with GL4 has not been great recently but I do not customize it much.

Bloody great idea.. have you actually tried this out?

GL4 - there is a mass of stuff that can be enabled/disabled in the config. As ASR AI has become more and more finished and TPW has come along to handle suppression etc, I have gradually got to a point where the only feature I still use from it is the info sharing (and thus groups become a little more active at supporting each other) and group splitting at the micro level. Arguably, these days you might not see so much difference if you are also running these other mods, however there is still some noticeable behaviour difference.

Re DAC - yes I have done this, it's straighforward to set up. Group behaviour at waypoints, on contact etc are all defineable in the DAC config. Aliabad is quite a nice map for this as it is small enough that you are never far away from contacts between the friendly AI and the MSO generated Opfor.

Yah, I noticed this yesterday actually on my server. It starts off great but the longer the mission runs the longer it takes to do script actions. I also noticed this on the MilGo MSO server which is the main reason I went to start my own was because I thought it was just performing poorly. Now that I am not the only one getting this I feel much better.

MSO is by far my favorite mission of all time. I am all about dynamic coop multiplayer environments that allows me too build bases and have AI teams and everything else that it allows is just what I have been waiting for forever. Keep working at it guys!

Anyone else running an ACE MSo have noticed such issues? Hopefuly, we could pinpoint teh cause and adapt our configs so we can fully enjoy this marvellous mission.

Anyone else running an ACE MSo have noticed such issues? Hopefuly, we could pinpoint teh cause and adapt our configs so we can fully enjoy this marvellous mission.

Well I have came to the conclusion that these things will be more optimized by the time NG comes out in a few months. Besides that the BIS devs have new abilities being implemented for server hosting that will allow you to offload stuff onto a separate client.

Good things happening in the Arma 2 community.

Please forgive my ignorance but what exactly is "NG"?

As for offloading stuff onto a seperate client, you mean something like Clientside clalculations but using onlye one extra client to help the server? (isn't a today server with 8 cores and dozen of Gb RAM powerful enough to do that alone?)

As for offloading stuff onto a seperate client, you mean something like Clientside clalculations but using onlye one extra client to help the server? (isn't a today server with 8 cores and dozen of Gb RAM powerful enough to do that alone?)

NG is Multi-Sesion Operations Next-Generation - I believe that is the new name of the next version of MSO.

One of the main issues with Arma 2 is that it has no idea that you have a cpu with 8 cores and wants to jam everything onto a single thread instead of spreading everything out evenly. It has been one of the largest issues from the start of time. At least for me. So technically newer (low GHz) quad-cores will probably run Arma worse than a fast (high GHz) dual-core.

GL4 - there is a mass of stuff that can be enabled/disabled in the config. As ASR AI has become more and more finished and TPW has come along to handle suppression etc, I have gradually got to a point where the only feature I still use from it is the info sharing (and thus groups become a little more active at supporting each other) and group splitting at the micro level. Arguably, these days you might not see so much difference if you are also running these other mods, however there is still some noticeable behaviour difference.

Thanks for the response. I believe ASR_AI does group info sharing so even that feature might be redundant now.

Re DAC - yes I have done this, it's straighforward to set up. Group behaviour at waypoints, on contact etc are all defineable in the DAC config. Aliabad is quite a nice map for this as it is small enough that you are never far away from contacts between the friendly AI and the MSO generated Opfor.

Yeah I'm quite familiar with DAC just never occurred to me to try it in MSO. Now I have a new project!! :) Have you done it with respawn camps, arty, etc?

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Check this out... very interesting read:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/62500

Got it Hazley, thanks for the explanations.

Got it Hazley, thanks for the explanations.

Please note though this is only the dedicated server. The client has a better understanding.

Holmes,

Did you follow the MySQL instructions? It looks like Arma2net is not connecting to your database. Check that the correct db user is setup with the correct permissions - as set up in our wiki.

Are you getting any entries in the DB?

Edited by Tupolov

Hi Holmes,

Scrap what I put before in this Post, it has been pointed out that Arma2NetMysql is located further down the log, need more cofee this morning!!

If possible it may easier and quicker to get this resolved if one of us is able to remote onto the server to take a look.

Tupulov has just reccommended a good point, checkyour arma user permissions on the DB, ensure it has dba permissions andensure user can only connect from localhost

Gunny

Edited by Gunny1979

@Tup

Followed instructions to the letter to no avail

@Gunny

PM sent with information

On a side note, thank you for all the assistance. I know I'm a pain in the ass

Hi Holmes,

I have taken a look and your set up is correct.

What I did was test the base mission we supply and just adding the below mods to the server line, while keeping your other configurations:

@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib_new;@ACRE;@Arma2Net;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@fallujah;

I have left my batch file on your desktop for you.

Started the Server and connected my client, as you can see from the below reports everything worked, you will also see the mission entries in the database.

Server RPT - http://pastebin.com/Xv9Ar4Ey

Arma2Net Log - http://pastebin.com/nJMCaCu9

Arma2MySql Log - http://pastebin.com/e7Ft785m

I can only suggest that it is one of the many mods you are trying to use is causing you an issue, the only way to find out which one im afraid is to add one at a time and test, ensuring that MSO initialises fully, server and client side.

Gunny

Edited by Gunny1979
Edit post no need for new Arma2Net

Wow you guys have better support than some companies I pay for the privilege :p

Wow you guys have better support than some companies I pay for the privilege :p

Thank you! We try to give our best! Extra Kudos to da Gunny!

@All: Referring to this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137388-Providing-feedback-to-mission-creators. If you experience any issues, please ensure you started up a stock MSO 4.5 without extra-mods (besides CBA and ACE/ACRE optionally as we try to support them as best as we can) and have your logs ready (.rpt of client and server, as well as sql-logs for PDB).

Its on one hand much easier for us to support, and on the other hand you have it working straight away, plus you can pretty easy nail down any mod that is failing if you add it one by one!

Enjoy mates!

I'm playing solo on a private LAN and I'd like to save it to play later. Is there a way to save server state similar to the save player state except for the entire server?

Edited by JaySmizzle

Hi guys

If a town is cleared, and then Opfor pass through later, does it reset? Will CQB be spawned again the next time a player enters? What about cleared strategic enemypop positions - will anything cause them to be respawned?

I am thinking of playing around with HAC / DAC spawning a little to provide some effort by Opfor to re-take towns.

I am also thinking of using the Convoy scripts to create some Blufor AI convoys for a bit of ambience, although DAC would achieve that quite well too.

Hi guys

If a town is cleared, and then Opfor pass through later, does it reset? Will CQB be spawned again the next time a player enters? What about cleared strategic enemypop positions - will anything cause them to be respawned?

I am thinking of playing around with HAC / DAC spawning a little to provide some effort by Opfor to re-take towns.

I am also thinking of using the Convoy scripts to create some Blufor AI convoys for a bit of ambience, although DAC would achieve that quite well too.

Everything is dynamic. There is no such thing as clearing a town. You can temporally relieve the town of enemy opposition but chances are the enemy could and will re-populate that location. Also remember everything is based on the players location, if you sit inside a town that has been temporally relieved the modules will notice this and spawn enemy units to either attack your position or to re-populate the town.

A few users and myself use DAC for creating that Blufor ambiance effect. I have 3 roaming patrol convoys that constantly roam and patrol all the towns on the map. This makes for really interesting and dynamic situations when you roll up into a town and see your AI already there fighting. I use a custom slimmed down script version of DAC but the normal script version works perfect as well.

A few users and myself use DAC for creating that Blufor ambiance effect. I have 3 roaming patrol convoys that constantly roam and patrol all the towns on the map. This makes for really interesting and dynamic situations when you roll up into a town and see your AI already there fighting. I use a custom slimmed down script version of DAC but the normal script version works perfect as well.

I assume the module version (in ACE) would work as well? Do you just create a huge DAC zone and some editor-defined waypoints on roads to get them to do 'convoys'?