Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Liking this mission but the para drops keep getting stuck in air. Any ideas appreciated

Would it be possible to get a civilian losses counter and, as an option, a mission ending once a set threshold is reached?

Sorry for spamming your thread, your mission is so great I just can't stop myself trying it in all ways.

Just saw there is a ACE MSO Reshmaan Province v4.5 (USMC), unfortunately on a passworded server. Could anybody tell me where to download it?

Sorry for spamming your thread, your mission is so great I just can't stop myself trying it in all ways.

Just saw there is a ACE MSO Reshmaan Province v4.5 (USMC), unfortunately on a passworded server. Could anybody tell me where to download it?

Hey Kawa!

Fogu has a nice Reshmaan province out there, i asked him to link you up.

Civi Death counter is a nice idea, think we have a feature request on dev heaven already, vote it up!

Glad you enjoy MSO!

See you on the battlefield

Hey Kawa!

Fogu has a nice Reshmaan province out there, i asked him to link you up.

Thanks a lot Highhead.

Civi Death counter is a nice idea, think we have a feature request on dev heaven already, vote it up!

Done. Should have checked there first.

Here you go klick me

But it is a custom mso :)

Edited by Fogu

Thanks a lot Fogu!

As for its custom status, anything one should really know before playing it?

Thanks a lot Fogu!

As for its custom status, anything one should really know before playing it?

The Base set up is different and it is with ace usmc desert units.

I have switched all params to default in this download, so you can set up the paramaters to something you like.

That's perfect then, thanks again Fogu.

Soo not to sound selfish at all..but is it practical to remove the PO2 module found within MSO and easily adapt it for another? I've asked this before and was only directed to the PO2 thread and author, who led me back here :cool:

How can i disable ACE Wounds?

switching ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true to false didnt work.

i still drop dead after some minutes when wounded.

How can i disable ACE Wounds?

switching ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true to false didnt work.

i still drop dead after some minutes when wounded.

Try taking out the entire line, not just setting it to false.

And that could be the vanilla wounding system..do you still get ACE menu options for healing?

Posted a new suggestion:

Merge 28 script_params.hpp into one central script_params.hpp

When one wants to change the default settings to suit custom habits and preferences, it's a tedious process to search for all script_params.hpp and edit them one by one.

While it probably offers some flexibility, it would ease user's life a lot to only have to mod one single params file.

Please vote it if you agree.

Try taking out the entire line, not just setting it to false.

And that could be the vanilla wounding system..do you still get ACE menu options for healing?

Thought disabling the Params would be enough to stop ACE wounds from beeing used.

Will give it a try and report back. Thanks in advance.

Yo Mates!

Khaki, we have implemented PO2 as a module for MSO and heavily adapted it to have it fit in MSO, so im not sure if it would even work outside the MSO framework.

If you want to use it for other missions and its ok for Roy86 i see no problem, but credits always go to Roy.

Frequence, To disable ACE wounds delete the modules in mission.sqm (editor) and turn the corresponding lines in init-mods.sqf to false / or delete em.

Enjoy!

Hi, what is the difference between static (no pdb) enemypop and dynamic (no pdb) enemypop?

JJ

Question about the item naming scheme inside the editor. I see some items/units named MSO_1 / MSO_2 / MSO_3... My question is, what do these unit names effect? I know on some of the scripts I have created I have used ranges to specify different item types. Is this the same for MSO or is it all just arbitrary as long as it has a MSO_# it will work.

Thanks for your response ahead of time.

-Haze

@Jiltedjock: dynamic enpop uses clientside spawns and player proximity to remove enemy from the map if you move away. It works best with PDB enabled so the database can track which enemy locations have been cleared. The "static" spawns are just regular groups that spawn serverside when you get within range, and were designed for use with Noucache enabled, but that's pretty old hat now and not that great for performance.

@Hazey - names are completely abitrary. Any named object/vehicle will be saved to PDB. We just call them MSO_# for easy identification. I actually prefer to call them names like "WMIK_3Pl" or "PlAmmo_1" so I can tell what they are when looking in the DB.

@Hazey - names are completely abitrary. Any named object/vehicle will be saved to PDB. We just call them MSO_# for easy identification. I actually prefer to call them names like "WMIK_3Pl" or "PlAmmo_1" so I can tell what they are when looking in the DB.

Figured, thank you. The last question I actually have is that CIM integration is currently broken and not supported anymore right? I launched a server with that mod since when reading through some of the files it said it was supported. My server proceeded to crap itself and jammed my RPT full of script errors.

I am also getting a weird thing, which I don't know if this is normal or not but at the start of the map probably 30 seconds in like 5-6 of the cities turn blue without any players going too them. Am I doing something wrong? I am pretty sure a helicopter isn't supposed to spawn and head to my base and land.

Also, is there an alternative I can use for civilian interactions? I really love these little extra feature, even more so when it comes to civilians and interactions. Civilians for me are the realism cherry on top of the pie.

Edited by Hazey

@Jiltedjock: dynamic enpop uses clientside spawns and player proximity to remove enemy from the map if you move away. It works best with PDB enabled so the database can track which enemy locations have been cleared. The "static" spawns are just regular groups that spawn serverside when you get within range, and were designed for use with Noucache enabled, but that's pretty old hat now and not that great for performance.

Ah ok that's interesting thanks. I play MSO as single player on a dedi server hosted on the same box (it's a quad core running at 4.7ghz and the offload of the AI to the server exe is the difference between 25 FPS or 45 FPS ultra detail on the client with a 5000m viewdistance on Takistan). In MSO 4.4 I used to get noticeable frame rate hiccups when CQB was being spawned which was a little frustrating so I'm glad that the option is there to have it run server side. It also opens up some interesting possibilities if you have Bluefor AI groups set up to patrol away from where the player and set the spawn distance higher to provide Opfor, quite immersive.

I have to say though the clientside CQB spawning is working very well in 4.5. - am experiencing negligible FPS drops as I approach built up areas when I run Dynamic enemypop, compared to 4.4

One thing I did notice is that I am not getting Sigint etc sidechat - has that been removed? I do get map intelligence updates, although generally only when I have ID'd opfor in a given area.

Anyway great work, it is running very nicely.

JJ

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Hey this sounds fun -would you mind sharing? :)

Ok what I have done is this:

De-pbo the desired mission, put it (all files) in the location where your editor missions are eg my documents\arma 2\missions\ms0.4.5.takistan

Edit description.ext so that disabledAI=0; this means that when you start the mission the other playable units in your group will be AI controlled, so you don't need to recruit a group

Edit description.ext so that respawn = 4; because I like to respawn in my group rather than back at base.

Edit init.sqf so that it loads Domz's High Command extensions http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?123232-High-Command-Extensions

Open mission in the Editor, add any AI groups to Bluefor that you might want to use

Save the mission as a multiplayer mission and start it on your dedi server

Once you are in mission, use the High Command extensions to control the AI groups

I would thoroughly recommend using the newest version of TPW suppression, set to "2" (multiplayer, effects server AI and client AI), and also ASR AI. I also use a heavily de-scoped GL4 (basically just to get the info sharing and also the splitting of AI groups into smaller flanking groups)

Edited by jiltedjock

Yo Dudes!

Thanks for the nice feedback, comrades!

As Friznit described correctly, static enpop = spawn once and dont delete (use one of the caching modules then, "old" enpop, not pdb compatible), dynamic = spawn and delete (autocaching, not PDB compatible), dynamic pdb = spawn and delete (completely recoded for PDB compatibility and better performance). As "dynamic pdb" also works without PDB its the recommended one. It uses much much much less loops, and is overall much better for performance. I left the other ones in just for ppl who want to experient with it and see the different approaches and to be backward compatible.

CQB is clientside with no option for serverside atm, since its coded to be run on the players machine! Its running really well and due to several bugfixes gave its overall better performance, those little hiccups could be a combination of too many modules spawning at the same time, esp. ambient modules like civis/civi traffic if you get in town range etc., maybe tune them down a little. But its really neglactible. Btw. we get the sidechat messages correcly (thx to jman that fixed that - but i turn it off on my machine to safe a "publicvariable" :)

Thanks for sharing your way of doing MSO, a really interesting way if playing alone or in singleplayer! Got to overthink my rambo-style approach, hehe!

Enjoy

hi highhead

would you consider adding in garrisons as an optionl component of CQB? eg some of the spawned CQB groups run a garrison script? I have had good results with Zorilya's script - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138850-Garrison-on-the-fly-script . i've modified it slightly as i had a bit of a performance issue with one aspect - from memory I removed one of the loops relating to forcing the ai to look / dofire at target. But apart from that it is a very good script for getting AI into interesting positions in buildings, from which they will happily fight.