Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Thanks HighHead!

I'm able to update it to 4.5 if I can find one, I would just prefer to not start from scratch.

If you want, i have an Aliabad MSO 4.4 with OFrP and RH weapons pack

MSO is great for single player, especially on a dedicated server. I have generally jazzed it up a bit though by adding Bluefor groups that I command using Domz's High Command extensions. So if I want to do recon with my own small group I can, but equally If I want to execute an assault on an Opfor town I can supplement my force with a couple of AI groups.

Maybe "recruit and command AI group" would be a nice (optional) feature to add to MSO recruitment?

Hey this sounds fun -would you mind sharing? :)

Two questions for the developers. I tried Lingor version of 4.5 and:

- cannot seem to find any radios in the mission, at the end we aborted the mission and edited the mission with the backpack crate that contains radios so we could play secondary ops missions. What am I missing here, we don't use ACRE (small team, <10).

- occasionally a dead player would start on the middle of the map 500m above the ground and fall down the ground, no respawn possible? This occurs even when you rejoin the JIP game. Any clues what causes that?

Hi MSO team ,

First of all, thank you very much for the amazing MP map !!! :)

I got some question about a repair system ;

well ,i would like to add specific class (such as Engineer , Crewman or Pilot) into MSO map and make them to be the only class that could repair land and air vehicle... any idea how to do that via script?

Edited by outlaw

Two questions for the developers. I tried Lingor version of 4.5 and:

- cannot seem to find any radios in the mission, at the end we aborted the mission and edited the mission with the backpack crate that contains radios so we could play secondary ops missions. What am I missing here, we don't use ACRE (small team, <10).

- occasionally a dead player would start on the middle of the map 500m above the ground and fall down the ground, no respawn possible? This occurs even when you rejoin the JIP game. Any clues what causes that?

I assume you mean the ACE radios? I've never tried MSO without ACRE but for ACE stuff you might have to manually add them to ammo crate script.

For your 2nd issue are you using the persistent DB feature?

How does one add information to the persistent db via the framework? I've added some twenty objects to the Chernarus MSO mission and at mission start I want to 'activate' them by adding a building or tent camp to them. Now I wonder how I can save the building type or tent type to the db, so the camps can be restored upon a mission restart. Here is in pseudo code how I think it should work, though I don't know the details yet:

if db contains location information
 restore location setup from db
else
 initialize location
 save location to db
fi

I guess I could add a custom table to MS2012110.sql and use callDatabase.sqf to INSERT, UPDATE and SELECT the needed information, but I want to make sure there are no easier ways to get the job done.

To provide some background information, I try to add some interconnected tasks to the MSO framework. Goal would be to find and destroy some drug labs, weapon caches or free some hostages. The goal itself is at mission start not known by the player team, but discovered by finding evidence during some vehicle inspection. The evidence is evaluated at the HQ. Based on the evaluation hints on goal location and what it is will be given via markers, much like in Insurgency. As I'm still pretty new to SQF scripting and especially multiplayer scripting, it will take a fair while to complete, though.

IBR - The Lingor mission we provide is not an ACE version, so won't include ACE radios. You will need to add them to the mission (and any other ACE items/weapons/crates you want). The dead player in middle of map is a weird one, not seen that. If you can repro it please post a ticket on dev heav with server logs. Might be that the user disconnected when they died in an aircraft and their position was saved!? Simply reconnect, wait to die, respawn, re-save player position (Self Interact key).

Outlaw - Good idea, if you submit a feature request, we might build it into the next version of MSO. Any vanilla solution currently out there should work with MSO though.

TeTeT - Objects can be saved to db by

_obj setVariable ["pdb_save_name",_objName,true];

where _objName is whatever name you want for that item. _obj obviously points to the object you want to save. It won't be saved to DB until the server saves (by default every 10 mins) or until the mission is closed down.

Tasks are automatically saved if created using the self interact Task Management feature.

Are there any servers up running this atm? What would I type as the mission filter to get this? I have tried mso, multi-session operations, operations, multi, and I get nothing. I love this game mode but I do not want to play it alone.

Is there anyone who can assist me on this?

This game-mode (MSO) it's like "Democracy"

It's depend of "Good will" and "Good use" of available resources from player.

Like "Democracy" people doesn't understand their limits so..

unfortunately i cannot rely on anyone who WILL order 100 Apaches "AH64" when i 'll turn my back on him. :D

1)I want to add a new slot (i.e. like Supreme Commander) who will only have 3 lives for ALL mission duration (so it will be treated different from the other units within the code)-and fail to keep up it will be a"LOSE" parameter/outcome for whole mission.

2)Any logistics request given by ANY Team leader MUST BE authorized by the *Supreme Commander unit-otherwise rejected.

3)I experienced great exploitation of "Logistics" feature-from any Leader carrying Radio.

The one solution would be to disable this awesome ill-used feature.

The other solution (and here is help wanted) i want to set an amount of *resources that reset to defined value

every 24h.

Every item/vehicle would have a different value- in example:

AH64D ->100% of daily resources.

Ammo crate ->5-10% of daily resources.

The above simply means you can have your "Apache" but you cannot have anything else THAT day.

This assures the Players side will proceed with caution for their "Toys" and better/"wider" planning.

i.e. making use of manually Airlift vehicles then "HEY!!..FAQ THAT!! (/he orders a vehicle from unlimited pool)

*edited later by author

If this cant' be done directly from BI forums..i ll take 'the road' to Dev-Heaven :j:

Edited by GiorgyGR

That's the same thing I have on my game filter, I just thought there would be a ton more servers up because of how great of a mission this is. Gonna start working on puttin a nice dedi up. Most of the populated ones on that list are either Patrol Ops, or passworded.

Edited by Knowlop

Would be there a parameter that would make the AI use the buildings (ie fight from) more, much more?

Giorgy,

The logistics module is easily edited.

We make MSO as easy as possible to extend.

If you look at line 67 of main.sqf (in support\modules\tup_logistics)

//if (!(getPlayerUID player) in MSO_R_Leader )) exitwith {};

just change this to

if (!(getPlayerUID player) in [playeruid1,playeruid2,playeruid3] )) exitwith {};

put in the playerid's for the users you want to have access to logistics. You can get playerid from your player profile (

)

Tup

PS. The latest code for tup_logistics in our dev heaven repository already contains a "session" limit for orders. You can set this in the logistics.hpp file.

Edited by Tupolov

Maybe "recruit and command AI group" would be a nice (optional) feature to add to MSO recruitment?

JiltedJock - log it as a feature request. We often forget that people are playing MSO single player, so its a good suggestion.

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback and well done to the MSO team for this release!

w00t!

Would be there a parameter that would make the AI use the buildings (ie fight from) more, much more?

Don't think there is an actual parameter no.... have you tried running ASR_AI mod when playing? It shouldn't break anything else...

edit: I am wrong there is a CQB unit spawn parameter but not 100% sure what it does

Edited by SavageCDN

Before i go any further with planned MSO project ( have the base and such built)

Will Isla Duala terrain and units work with MSO ?

cheers for this great tool :D

Before i go any further with planned MSO project ( have the base and such built)

Will Isla Duala terrain and units work with MSO ?

cheers for this great tool :D

May be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can go into the source code provided and port the gamemode to Isla Duala and whatever other mods you want with some tweaks in the code and ingame editor.

Pretty much any map will work with MSO. Check the editors guide in our documentation to see how to setup MSO. One limitation we have found is that custom factions don't always have cfgGroups defined, that can make spawning groups of enemies challenging. I believe Wolffy or someone from the team were working on a Duala mission. Will check for you.

Hej i was wondering

We have rented a arma server at lowpinggameservers and does anyone know if its possible to set up PDB to work on that, for as far i understand you need access to the server beyond ftp.

How do I disable that persistentDB thingy? I think that might be making those wierd spawn-in-air issues.

Hej i was wondering

We have rented a arma server at lowpinggameservers and does anyone know if its possible to set up PDB to work on that, for as far i understand you need access to the server beyond ftp.

No you will need more access than just FTP.. it will require MySQL installed and configured on your server and unless your provider is willing to do that you may be out of luck. You can still use MSO with some persistance.. but if the server or the arma server .exe is reset you will loose your mission progress and have to start over

How do I disable that persistentDB thingy? I think that might be making those wierd spawn-in-air issues.

I can't look right now but I think it's disabled by default just the Nomad save-state thing is active... not 100% sure though

No you will need more access than just FTP.. it will require MySQL installed and configured on your server and unless your provider is willing to do that you may be out of luck. You can still use MSO with some persistance.. but if the server or the arma server .exe is reset you will loose your mission progress and have to start over

I can't look right now but I think it's disabled by default just the Nomad save-state thing is active... not 100% sure though

Correct, in the parameters turn off PDB, and turn on Nomad.