Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Fadi,

Make sure you have a marker named "Ammo" on the map.

Tup

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

ANd it looks like that in mso_32_ace_coop_usa_cz_vs_tak_4-5.mcn_hazarkot.pbo, both ACE and R3F logistic systesm are active. Is it WAD?

They are compatible so no problems.

Could you perhaps provide some more info on the "default" mission that's included with MSO?

I'm completely new to MSO in general, But I can't really understand what the possibility's are right out of the box.

MSO is a sandbox, so you won't be given specific directions like you do in regular missions. The enemy is everywhere, occupying the towns, bunkers, patrolling, convoys moving around...you have to find them, decide what to do and then act! You can always pick up a radio and ask for some more traditional patrol ops if you're completely lost of course.

Would you recommend to launch AI mods ala ASR_AI and TPWCAS with it?

And what values would you recommend for the following server parameters if one is after lag free playability with a good server but low end clients?

MaxMsgSend=####;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=####;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=####;

Thanks for any help you could provide

Can't figure this one out? PDB boots up just fine with no errors, loads Client just fine. PDB was working fine with 4.5 RC but now using 4.5 it does not save any player or vehicle data, although they are all set on? Does not ask me to go to last position either when rejoining? Can't see anything different in my mission setup? Odd?

Can't figure this one out? PDB boots up just fine with no errors, loads Client just fine. PDB was working fine with 4.5 RC but now using 4.5 it does not save any player or vehicle data, although they are all set on? Does not ask me to go to last position either when rejoining? Can't see anything different in my mission setup? Odd?

Hi Vengeance,

Can you supply the logs please, rpt and sql logs.

Thanks

Gunny

Hi all,

I've a litte problem with setting up the PDB for MSO 4.5. I've installed everything like mentioned in the wiki thread but I keep getting errors in Arma2MySQL-Log and in Arma2NET log:

Arma2NET log at pastebin

Arma2MySQL-Log at pastebin

It seems like arma2netmysql tries to insert the Value "any" into a Integer column.

I've used the Arma2NET package and sql-script provided in the wiki thread.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Kind Regards

Raskil

Hi all,

I've a litte problem with setting up the PDB for MSO 4.5. I've installed everything like mentioned in the wiki thread but I keep getting errors in Arma2MySQL-Log and in Arma2NET log:

Arma2NET log at pastebin

Arma2MySQL-Log at pastebin

It seems like arma2netmysql tries to insert the Value "any" into a Integer column.

I've used the Arma2NET package and sql-script provided in the wiki thread.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Kind Regards

Raskil

Hey Raskil!

Thanks for coming back to us and as far as i can see in your log i think there is some error with loading/not-finding the assemblies, not easy to tell what exactly caused that (System.IO.FileNotFoundException)! If you are a steam user and usinig beta try to put your @arma2net folder into \ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta folder.

But if this doesnt work, we are happy to help you in setting up PDB and get around that! To provide you better real time support i suggest you join our Skype channel! There are several ppl which we could help setting PDB up in their special envirnnoment, so im sure we will find the cause! Jut PM me and i can ass you to our Skype convo - you will like it ;)

Hope i could help mate! Just get back to me!

HH

MSO is great for single player, especially on a dedicated server. I have generally jazzed it up a bit though by adding Bluefor groups that I command using Domz's High Command extensions. So if I want to do recon with my own small group I can, but equally If I want to execute an assault on an Opfor town I can supplement my force with a couple of AI groups.

Maybe "recruit and command AI group" would be a nice (optional) feature to add to MSO recruitment?

Raskil,

Sorry just noticed the title of the pastebin arma2net error 4.5 if this is the version of .net you are running, then 4.5 doesn't work you need to run .net 4.0. PLease uninstall 4.5 and install 4.0.

Gunny

Hi Gunny,

no, that is the mso version I'm running :) I've installed .NET 4.0

Thats ok then lol, better to check I get all confused with these stupid numbers!!! Any luck in getting it working mate?

Hi Gunny,

No, still no luck. The wiki page says "NOTE: Make sure in your locale regional settings the decimal seperator (maybe a comma ,) is set to dot (.)!" I've a german windows 7, so I changed the decimal seperator to dot in my system control panel.

Or should that be changed in a different location?

Hi Raskil,

These needs be set for your Mysql Database not your OS, make sure your locale settings for the Database is en_US.utf8.

Also can you let me know if there is any entries in your Missions Table?

Cheers

Gunny

Hi gunny,

ok, didn't expected that, because the schema creation script sets the schema collation to latin1. MySQL Server default server locale is en_us by default, so there is no need to change that. Double checked it anyway.

All Tables in my arma schema are empty, because the "any" value insertion occurs on every insert PDB is issuing to the database.

Regards

Raskil

Hi Raskil,

The first thing saved into the databse will be the mission, this will have an id = mid, your error is inserting "any" into the kills table, as the mission does not exist in the database, so no mid.

Please confirm PDB is on in the parameters before selecting a slot and proceeding, if so before clicking continue on the map screen, select the MSO option in the menu on the left, then initialize option, wait until it says Intialization Complete and then proceed ito game. You will then see the PDB logo and some text at the top saying its saving the mission into the databse.

Try this and report back, as Highhead said we have a Skype Channel which we can use to get you up and running.

Gunny

Edited by Gunny1979

Hi Gunny,

hmm, do I need to run a dedicated server for pdb to work? I'm crating the multiplayer game through the game interface, therefore I'm automatically assigned to a slot when the server starts. I've removed mysqlf from the slot, enabled pdb, assigned mysqlf to a free slot again, started the mission and waited on the map screen till initialization completed... still no luck. I'd appretiate joining the Skype channel. Alreade send hh a pm.

Regards

Raskil

Hi Gunny,

thanks alot mate, that did the trick. Could have saved me a lot of headache if the wiki or docs had said that pdb only works on dedicated servers :)

Regards

Raskil

Hi Gunny,

thanks alot mate, that did the trick. Could have saved me a lot of headache if the wiki or docs had said that pdb only works on dedicated servers :)

Regards

Raskil

No Probs lol, Yeah very good point. Will see if it can be amended to state that.

Have fun!

Gunny

I have just discovered this game type/creation and love it!! Problem is......why is it always snowing in Takistan, even after I switch the seasons....what am I missing? Thanx.

Hmmmm....only looks like its snowing when I play SP or LAN......still an amazing addition to this great series!!

Edited by REAPER LOK

Raskil, i updated WIKI and Release post! Feel free to add me to skype, I sent you a PM!

Reaper, As MSO is designd specifically for MP use, you will certainly get the best expierence you will have if you run it on a (local) dedicated server and just connect to it with your client. You can do that also from the same machine you are playing. You can also just start arma client up and play as Host and you can edit the startup-params this way!

Anyways comrades!

HAVE FUN!

The Logistics Demand system appears to be malfunctioning completely. I've tried using it on Fallujah (Where Airlift sort of worked, at the airfield, but it only sent planes that landed and immediately took off, leaving no crates) and on Chernarus (Where I didn't test at the airfield but convoy and paradrop did not work for sure) This doesn't seem to be a problem on my end, as I've tried it on multiple maps that I haven't modified in the slightest.

I was under the impression that there have been an Aliabad version created at some point but, despite putting my good friend Google to use, I actually haven't been able to find where to download it. Could someone point it out to me?

Edited by Kawa

DocBrown, have you tried it on dedicated server as well as tup_logistics currently is not implemented for host/sp use!

Kawa, ill ask in our MSO group for a aliabad version.

Enjoy!