Sign in to follow this  
-Coulum-

Opinions on the Alpha Release Date

When do You Think the Alpha Will be Released?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. When do You Think the Alpha Will be Released?

• Between now and December 20th
    • Between December 20th and Jan 1st (Christmas)
    • Between Jan 1st and March 1st
    • After March

I believe at the actual world crisis, even if 2 are imprisoned, you can replace 'em; considering they'll be out of prison after the next 5 years if everything is going well, (if golden dawn will take the political power they'll never be released because nazis are in this way),you can replace 'em with skilled persons, and ain't difficult to find twice, remeber that BIS is a company and companyes are working for to earn moneys, and i believe 2 developers in jail don't stop buisness... after all buisness are buisness

EDIT: if you take a look at the top of this page they're looking for replacement..... here: http://www.bistudio.com/careers

and i have to say as a company owner, this is the right thing, casualties can't stop buisness, and should not, wich isn't in jail have to earn moneys to live BTW

moneys and morality are not compatible

I hope you get arrested and left to rot in a jail cell in some foreign country...

Don't worry tho, no one will care about you and you will be replaced at your place of work. It'll be fine.

(I hope you get banned and "replaced" on this forum by someone thats less of an asshole :) )

I voted "Between now and December 20th" , I must be too optimistic :(

I believe at the actual world crisis, even if 2 are imprisoned, you can replace 'em; considering they'll be out of prison after the next 5 years if everything is going well, (if golden dawn will take the political power they'll never be released because nazis are in this way),you can replace 'em with skilled persons, and ain't difficult to find twice, remeber that BIS is a company and companyes are working for to earn moneys, and i believe 2 developers in jail don't stop buisness... after all buisness are buisness

It really isn't as simple as you make it sound. Members of a development team are not interchangable like bricks of lego, even if you disregard the fact that these people are not just colleagues, but friends. New people need to become acquainted with your tools, processes and code base, not to mention the rest of the team. Finding the right people for the job takes time, integrating them into the team takes time, getting them up to the level of their predecessors takes even more time... and time is money.

As long as there is still a chance that their two friends will get back soon, I doubt BIS will be so heartless as to try and replace them.

EDIT: if you take a look at the top of this page they're looking for replacement..... here: http://www.bistudio.com/careers

and i have to say as a company owner, this is the right thing, casualties can't stop buisness, and should not, wich isn't in jail have to earn moneys to live BTW

moneys and morality are not compatible

I'm not so sure. Martin is an artist, and they don't seem to be looking for any artists.

It really isn't as simple as you make it sound. Members of a development team are not interchangable like bricks of lego, even if you disregard the fact that these people are not just colleagues, but friends. New people need to become acquainted with your tools, processes and code base, not to mention the rest of the team. Finding the right people for the job takes time, integrating them into the team takes time, getting them up to the level of their predecessors takes even more time... and time is money.

As long as there is still a chance that their two friends will get back soon, I doubt BIS will be so heartless as to try and replace them.

I'm not so sure. Martin is an artist, and they don't seem to be looking for any artists.

Yeah i believe you're right, i didn't considered the fact, in videogame developing maybe it is a bit complicated to replace certain professional characters....

And sorry but i believe in buisness matters friends doesn't exist, but just resources

I hope you get arrested and left to rot in a jail cell in some foreign country...

Don't worry tho, no one will care about you and you will be replaced at your place of work. It'll be fine.

(I hope you get banned and "replaced" on this forum by someone thats less of an asshole :) )

I can't be replaced, no me means no company no job for 100 persons.....

living life you'll soon discover that reality ain't so good, and most of people are bad persons....

.. C'est la vie !!! frenches says.

For me matter closed, it is become offtopic

Edited by Simon1279

Well Official site says 2013 now. It doesnt even specify which quarter. We went from summer of 2012 to alpha in Q4 2012 to 2013 in general. Its pretty safe to assume after march according to this poll. My guess is more Q4 2013.

Edited by Hotel

Considering Ivan is the project lead, the man with the plan, I doubt he is "replaceable" over night.

Bis is relatively small business and the guys are close knit, so replacing them isn't as simple as someone in a shop

Well Official site says 2013 now. It doesnt even specify which quarter. We went from summer of 2012 to alpha in Q4 2012 to 2013 in general. Its pretty safe to assume after march according to this poll. My guess is more Q4 2013.

More Time means more Features (at least I hope so....)

More like "more of the existing features actually working in the release build I hope"... :p

At least according to RoyaltyInExile, an alpha is still planned at all and work continues on it as of this morning:

Oh the drama! Oh the quiet silence! R They going to release the damm game or not? Im tired of this crap! /Rant

Although I am not thrilled the game has been delayed again, I prefer them to finish the game properly than to release it prematurely in an effort to appease the playerbase.

Moreover, given the events of the past few months, I would say a delay is justified. It'll be here soon enough.