Sign in to follow this  
-Coulum-

Opinions on the Alpha Release Date

When do You Think the Alpha Will be Released?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. When do You Think the Alpha Will be Released?

• Between now and December 20th
    • Between December 20th and Jan 1st (Christmas)
    • Between Jan 1st and March 1st
    • After March

I call this misunderstanding syndrome leading to over-compensating syndrome. By way of infarction, you all will be conquered!

Let's cool it with the discussion about how the forum is moderated please.

It shall be done.

Maybe offtopic,but i like how people ,these days on ARMA3 thread, are losing their patience and many infractions and locked topics around :D

Other than this,i think that if an Alpha is not released during or before chrismas,it's going to be released during spring since releasing it during january or so doesn't make sense in terms of marketing.

Unless of course BI doesn't want huge hordes of people playing the alpha. January might be the perfect time for the alpha, as it will allow the big bugs to be smoothed out before more and more people become aware of it.

I look forward to ArmA 3 but i do think it will be some time before it's released purely and simply because there will be more 'stepping stone's' for Bohemia to cross and possibly a few changes to make before an official release is confirmed. Bohemia have always strived to give us exactly what we want and that is where they shine above and beyond any other gaming developers and i am grateful for this, there are so many game's these days that get only a few patches before they are forgotten about.. so Alpha release? I say March, the later on in the year(2013) it is the better it will be and also gives us more time to save for new hardware :-).

I call this misunderstanding syndrome leading to over-compensating syndrome. By way of infarction, you all will be conquered!

Last warning, please. No more discussion about how the forum is moderated.

Edited by Max Power

I think the alpha will (should) be released over the christmas period for a few reasons. Firstly the typical ARMA player will play it regardless of the time of year. Secondly the more dedicated players will alpha A3 instead of playing the other games of this period. Thirdly any negative press the alpha would generate would be suppressed due to a lack of interest from the consumer base at large. Fourth and finally the alpha is literally an alpha and shouldn't be getting some huge open release anyway, why is everyone chomping at the leash for this? Why are you so desperate to have something you may not even *want* to play?

I've played in betas before, WAR, BF2142, DOW2 and some other forgettable titles and I have to say that without a doubt that the beta's were totally unrepresentative of the final product (typically they were dumbed down to suit inferior play styles *cough turtling cough*) that I can't even imagine why I would want to play an alpha. I for one refuse to be an un-paid QA tester. If you want me to play your game before it's officially released I'll only do so to determine the balance of the game, not find your bugs for you.

If you want me to play your game before it's officially released I'll only do so to determine the balance of the game, not find your bugs for you.

Ok bye!

I voted for after march. As much as I would love to be wrong, it certainly feels that way. News went from devs actively on the forum and news every other week then a trickle then literally nothing. I feel that there is something internal going on right now that they are trying to sort out. It will be here when it gets here... But I can't f-ing wait!

I voted for option three.

As for the lack of news, I'm assuming that BIS is keeping a low profile on Arma3 right now out of respect for their imprisoned friends. Hyping the game would only overshadow the ridiculous situation in Greece, but development has certainly continued.

BIS has yet to post the last E3 presentation video which was supposed to happen months ago.

Don't forget the almighty option - "It's done when its done!" Imo it would be better if BIS does cancel the "Alpha" with a "Beta" or "Demo" release announcement "TBA in 2013". ;)

I'd say the full game should be out around march to august if they want to make any amount of profit since certain idiots will be done with the $60 reject game that has been the same for 3 years and will be looking for a new game, Other then that I think that the Ivan and Martin thing should not effect the rate at which they give information, Trying to undermine the greek courts will only make it worse for them, Especially if the Czech government gets pulled into an espionage case, Would only make them look like super spies, That's my take on it anyway, They'll be home soon.

In my opinion, the longer they take to release the alpha just means that many more issues are being discovered and fixed. They won't release an alpha to test for bugs they already know about.

I'd like people find something useful to do for the community instead of speculating on an unknown alpha release date.

Alpha? Of my vaporware? Not till DayZ's first/second expansion comes out I imagine. DayZ has 1.3 million players and 114,000 on their forums. These forums have 52,000 members. We're done for. :p

Alpha? Of my vaporware? Not till DayZ's first/second expansion comes out I imagine. DayZ has 1.3 million players and 114,000 on their forums. These forums have 52,000 members. We're done for. :p

All the more reason to buy VBS2 and wait for 2.0 (coming very soon!). They've got 1.3million -but we've got the military ;)

All the more reason to buy VBS2 and wait for 2.0 (coming very soon!). They've got 1.3million -but we've got the military ;)

This comment is pure gold! Love it! That and what Kylania said :)

Well it makes complete sense to release DayZ first, but Nah I'll wait for A3 for the underwater stuff and SHARKS WITH LAYZUS!

With the two developers jailed I would imagine the alpha release is no more. With the dead silence from BIS I would say they are in a serious shakeup. They might be in a situation where they don't have the appropriate resources now to complete a functioning game. I have noticed beta patches still being released with very minor bug fixes so there is still development but that doesn't mean ArmA 3 is being worked on in its full entirety. There are many aspects to development that require a coordinated effort by all departments to make a functioning product in the end. One department down means no release. At least this is my experience with the company I work for. I do feel we will not see the Alpha we were told we would get Q4 and furthermore I don't feel there will ever be an Alpha. I believe we should consider ourselves lucky if we see a release of ArmA 3 in summer or fall 2013.

I really would like some sort of hard facts about what we are getting or NOT getting soon. I would like to develop some things for ArmA 3 and if the game is going to be delayed for a long time it would be beneficial to know.

AFAIK, BI has more than one studio dedicated to A3. While Ivan and Martin are important parts of the team and are irreplaceable, I think they probably have other people on staff that can handle their jobs temporarily.

AFAIK, BI has more than one studio dedicated to A3. While Ivan and Martin are important parts of the team and are irreplaceable, I think they probably have other people on staff that can handle their jobs temporarily.

I do hope that's the case :-)

I think they were on the DayZ team too

How about lets be patient for once and just wait for a press release....

How about we let people discuss things on the forums... that's what they are for.

What is it with people acting like these forums are a library and no one should say anything unless the devs release it?

that's not what a forum is...

Alpha i say comes in January, its just a guess, bohemia have been a little quiet lately and i think they will likely stay that way until after Christmas.