Sign in to follow this  
-Coulum-

Opinions on the Alpha Release Date

When do You Think the Alpha Will be Released?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. When do You Think the Alpha Will be Released?

• Between now and December 20th
    • Between December 20th and Jan 1st (Christmas)
    • Between Jan 1st and March 1st
    • After March

My selfish opinion is that they need to wait until I have a DX11 ready rig that can run the game actually, and not my steam age computer I´m running now.

Needs to have a "Never" option.

Troll moar. It's been a while since I've given out any infractions.

The last official word was December 2012, that was before the Limnos incident though.

Needs to have a "Never" option.

Are you saying ARMA 3 could get cancelled? Or an "alpha" won't be released to the public?

I am just praying that they don't get rid of the LAN feature,ive had so much fun with my dad playing the warfare game mode.If it is solo steam to play online i don't think i could bare to call this game the best

I didn't know LAN was walking the plank.

Yeah, me neither. But I would be quite shocked if BIS even considered removing the LAN part. That would be totally crazy! The community loves ArmA so much because of all the possibilities and everything we can do with the game. Because it is different from other game series like Battlefield, which regularly take away features that the community loved and was used to. I'm talking about things like LAN, modding and BattleRecorder.

I'm praying that BIS doesn't make the same mistakes. If they were removing such features, they'd kill the game for a large part of the community.

Yeah, me neither. But I would be quite shocked if BIS even considered removing the LAN part. That would be totally crazy! The community loves ArmA so much because of all the possibilities and everything we can do with the game. Because it is different from other game series like Battlefield, which regularly take away features that the community loved and was used to. I'm talking about things like LAN, modding and BattleRecorder.

I'm praying that BIS doesn't make the same mistakes. If they were removing such features, they'd kill the game for a large part of the community.

But unlike EA bohemia interactive knows what we want and actually give a damn about it. They have won to much to let off core features like that.

I am just praying that they don't get rid of the LAN feature,ive had so much fun with my dad playing the warfare game mode.If it is solo steam to play online i don't think i could bare to call this game the best

And how is it even remotely connected to the topic ?

nice for you, my dad doesn't do the same with me :(

At least i know, when ive got kids, they'll be playing warfare with me all the day long.

Interesting results so far. I was expecting a more even tie between Christmas and between Jan and March, but I guess "a little birdie" may have tipped the scales slightly. Wasn't expecting so many people to be thinking after march but I guess it isn't all that illogical - it is BI after all.

I personally think the Greece incident, although very unfortunate (best of wishes for Ivan and Martin), wouldn't have that much of an impact on the game to hold it back in its development process for more than a month. I would assume that BI would be flexible enough to keep developing even with the loss of the 2 devs, albeit maybe at a slightly slower rate. Maybe after the whole whole game is done we will see a couple months or so lost but not now. That being said, that's only my uneducated guess.

nice for you, my dad doesn't do the same with me

At least I know, when I've got kids, they'll be playing warfare with me all the day long.

Ditto except instead of "when ive got kids" I would say "if I were to have kids" - made the vow not to after I found out how much those suckers cost. But I will happily educate my siblings kids on the art of arma.:)

Troll moar. It's been a while since I've given out any infractions.

So I'm trolling by saying they'd just move on to an actual release instead of a delayed Alpha?

Thanks for the infraction, Max Dickhead.

Don't you'll get another for speaking about them in public. ;) What a system.

So I'm trolling by saying they'd just move on to an actual release instead of a delayed Alpha?

What a vicious cycle.

You might still be able to edit it back...

What a vicious cycle.

You might still be able to edit it back...

Moderators can see the editing history of posts ;)

ArmA 3 needs to be more on top on releasing news and updates and actually talking with their community, Its been months since they have released any information and if they do its just a video of some what.

Absolutely true.

Better interest in Arma3 than no interest.

P.S. A Drill Sergeant badge...you joined the Dark side. Shame!

Once upon a time, they used to keep us informed. Things have gone pear-shaped since Ivan and Martin were detained.

I'm hoping for option 1, but 3 is the most plausible I guess...

What worries me is that we're getting near to holiday sales and BIS hasn't said anything (I think) about pre-order or Alpha Release.

People waiting for ArmA 3 will end up spending their dollars on something else if they have nothing to long for.

Anyways, I'm still having loads of fun with ArmA 2 and DLCs, so take your time BIS :D

The answer is yes.

What worries me is that we're getting near to holiday sales and BIS hasn't said anything (I think) about pre-order or Alpha Release.
Good point there. If they don't actually release the alpha by the holidays it would be wise to at least make it available to preorder.
Once upon a time, they used to keep us informed. Things have gone pear-shaped since Ivan and Martin were detained.
I do wonder whether that the lack of info was due to Ivan and Martin or just happened to coincide with it. I was kind of under the opinion that BI just got fed up with all the whining and shit when they had to make changes to their plans and cut certain features (which is natural for any type of development). This also happened around that time and I figured they figured it wasn't worth their time anyways. And I wouldn't really disagree. While I would love to be informed on the progress they are making there is no real value for them. It would just be a "nice to do for the community" kind of thing. When the Alpha comes out we will be more than informed, but also involved in the development process. It will also give BIS ample time/opportunity to advertise/hype up/boast new stuff in the game. Right now its not really necessary to keep us informed IMO. Just think that Arma 3 development doesn't really start until the alpha and you will find waiting "in the dark" isn't so bad.
Moderators can see the editing history of posts
Never new that. Got to be extra careful then. But I am sure an edit with an apology and explanation could do some good.

I just wonder what they will actually put in that alpha.

Never new that. Got to be extra careful then. But I am sure an edit with an apology and explanation could do some good.

The best policy would be to exercise some restraint. If you insult a moderator, say, then redact it, whether or not you are banned is up to the moderator's discretion. If you don't post insults in the first place, nothing is left up to chance.

Let's cool it with the discussion about how the forum is moderated please. If you have further questions about our mysterious powers, you can use the ask a mod thread or PM one of us.