Sign in to follow this  
thedog88

Arma Role Playing Items - ARP Mod

arpmod1.jpg

Current Version: 1.2

DESCRIPTION

===========

ARP is simply designed to give mission makers more options to make missions more immersive. ARP adds 150+ items (more each update) that can be added to inventories as needed to add a last touch to missions.

For example this could be used to add more common items to civilians so that, when searched, the player finds more common and realistic items on them. Instead of finding a compass, map and radio you might find a lighter, candy and a newspaper.

Want to give your soldiers the last touch towards realism? Throw some extra socks, underwear and t shirts into your rucksack in case the mission takes longer. Don't forget your baby wipes, i know i used them in the field a lot when showers were not an option :P. Make sure you have an ID Card on you to get back onto base maybe? Or give an entire village a red color shemagh and give your target a white one to identify him.

the possibilities are limited to your imagination, I'm just providing the tools.

Again, ARP alone has no functions available so these are purely intended for sort of Role play at this time and only work in the inventory. When they are dropped on the ground they will look like small military bags. Maybe later down the road myself or somebody within the community will add functions, actions, or even entire modules that use this.

CREDITS

=======

Scripts & Code: Glowbal, Kylania/Pirin and TheDog

Graphics: TheDog

Special Thanks:

==============

Special thanks for the inspiration by Glowbal's interaction and items mod. Without his help this addon could not have been made.

Also a big thank you goes to Kylania/Pirin for providing Intel that gave this mod the final touch.

Included files:

==========

ARP_items.pbo

ARP_ammobox.pbo

Requirements:

==========

ARMA 2

ARMA 2 OA

Note:

====

If you have ideas for items you would like to see in game post bellow and I will do my best to add them, ill add almost anything, im serious. Also, this is my very first mod ever, if you find errors please let me know.

List of items available:

==============

blood chit

blood chit corner

skittles

chocolate bars

chewing gum

magazine - playboy

magazine - GQ

magazine - national geo

newspaper

socks (green and black)

tan t shirt

tan underwear

tobacco dip

book - novel

book - manual

picture - family

picture - suspicious

picture - girlfriend

bug spray

reflective belt

Keffiyeh/shemagh - red

Keffiyeh/shemagh - black

Keffiyeh/shemagh - white

Keffiyeh/shemagh - brown

Keffiyeh/shemagh - green

Keffiyeh/shemagh - Olive Drap

Keffiyeh/shemagh - Tan

usb flash drive

video tape

comic book

multi tool

deck of cards

dice

letter - suspicious

letter - love

letter - normal

lighter

lip balm

sudoku

baby wipes

stuffed animal

condoms

towel

ID card

water purification tablets

electrolyte powder

eye drops

sunblock

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ v1.0

boots

face paint

dvds

mp3 player

pita bread

poppy seed bag

potato sack

cigarettes

fire starter

duct tape

matches

vodka

beer

beef jerky

phone card

weapons cleaning kit

bungee cords

batteries

camcorder

hand warmers

rice bag

whistle

hammer

nails

can opener

energy drink rip it

stethoscope

smartphone

dumb phone

twinkies

2 way radio

psp

bandana blue

bandana red

bandana green

bandana purple

bandana black

ranger pace counter

CLP

550 cord

domo

gameboy

sandwich

acetone

hydrochloric

exan

steel pipe

toxic gas

detcord

garage opener

clacker

gold watch

gold bar

dirty socks black

dirty socks green

dirty tan boxers

dirty tan shirt

zippo lighter

laptop

tablet

coke

pepsi

mountain dew

dr pepper

mezzo mix

tuna

cigar

soup

spaghettios

chilli

pineapple slices

suitcase black

suitcase silver

^^^^^^^^^^^ v1.1

[added]

airfilter

basketball

cellphone

chucks

clutch_disk

clutch_pressureplate

cold air intake

electrical tape

fanbelt

flywheel

game controller

head lamp

knife

knife combat

leaftlet psyop

leaflet wanted

lisensplate afghan

m16 bolt

m16 lower receiver

m16 upper receiver

piston

sleeping bag

soldering iron

spoon

steeringwheel

thermos

valvesprings

wirecutter

[fixed]

poppy bag image

coke image

chili image

I also added categories to all items that can be found in the class list. the following letters indicate the type of item it is and cross references with ARP_Drops

N= normal, M= military, S= suspicious

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ v1.2

End Statement:

===========

You do not have permission to edit this mod and its contents without my approval. You are not allowed to release any parts of this mod under your name.

You must post in this thread if you publish a download link, however you are authorized to link to this thread as needed.

I am not responsible for any damage that may occur to your game. Mod folders are suggested.

===============================================================================================================

ARP DROPS 1.2

ALSO available for download is ARP_drops

arp drops is a script that will spawn random items inside of buildings to enable a player to

physically search/loot buildings.

version 1.2 (will be updated with ARP_items)

Description

===========

this script will spawn a random number of ARP_items 1.2 inside

of buildings within a defined radius. This would allow for players

to physically search buildings for random items.

the items are categorized into 3 types (military, suspicious and

normal). the spawn can be set to spawn a certain category or s

pawn several categories at the same time.

Special Thanks to

=================

JW Custom, for writing this script,letting me modify it

and release it. Simply amazing work.

How to use

==========

installation and use.txt inside

Warning

=======

this script has not been tested on dedicated multiplayer servers

Note

====

You are authorized to edit this script to suit your needs.

you are NOT authorized to edit this script and release in

your own name.

if you edit this script and use it in a public release mission,

credit must go to jw custom and myself.

I am not responsible if your game breaks from using this script

SIDENOTE this release was slightly rushed since my desktop will be in shipping while i move. Next update can be expected to happen in January once i am settled into my new duty station. until then, enjoy and please do report any bugs or errors!

Edited by Thedog88

LOL! Such a small but cool idea. Next step make some of the items actually useful thru scripts would be cool. Thanks for making this.

haha thank you. i wish i would know how to do all that, i will def. look into it, i would also like it so that when items are dropped on the ground they are actual models of the object, so you can tell whats laying there. imagine your mission is to search a village for suspicious items, players walk into a building and find a bunch of crap on the floor, on the table, on a shelf, and now must visually identify key items^^ just awesome. but yeah, ill try and see what i can do. first ill focus on more items so if you have ideas, send them my way :)

Interesting addon!

It's also curious that my community hosted a TvT campaign since 3 years that's called ARPC (Arma Role Playing Campaign) :)

All this objects could turn out very usefull

Freaking awesome :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm in progress making a sandbox zombie survival mission and searched high and low for small objects/items like these... was just about to make a request. Did you read my mind? :p

Many thanks.

zio sam, awesome, i hope people use this. regardless, i will be updating this and adding tons and tons of more objects. unfortunately i will be moving starting next wed. so my pc will be gone until jan 6. then i will pick the mod back up. but until then i want to add at least 50-100 more items. ideas what you would like to see?

jw custom, yes i did, i am reading it right now actually lol. feel free to use what you need man and if you have ideas what you want to see let me know. i am not restricting this addon to just military items or anything like that, when i say im up for anything, i mean anything. provided it is not offensive or anything like that.

jw custom, yes i did, i am reading it right now actually lol.

Please stop reading it right now, i'm watching adult content on the internet, arghh you already know :p

feel free to use what you need man and if you have ideas what you want to see let me know. i am not restricting this addon to just military items or anything like that, when i say im up for anything, i mean anything. provided it is not offensive or anything like that.

Thanks, i will post some ideas soon :)

hahaha dont worry i wont tell people your arma fetish XD but yeah, glad to hear ideas. already have another 25 items almost finished

Congratulations. :)

If I ever get to include an item, that is also in your mod, in one of my projects, I will make it so your items will function with it as well.

thats awesome glowbal, im so glad you helped me as much as you did man. im excited to contribute to this community :)

Edited by Thedog88

Awesome addon,was looking for something like this to use in my missions.Any chance you could add some gadgets like smartphones,tablets,laptops and more misc items like pack of cigs,cigar,soda pops or food cans(no beans:p )??

I tend to go a bit insane with adding detail in my missions so these will feed my insanity even further.:D

kremator, talking to glowbal is what got me started on this. he helped me and provided most of the information for me too make this. would be cool if our stuff cross references :)

krycek, the next update which should come out today or tomorrow will feature smart phones, cigarettes, energy drinks and a sandwiches (lmao). i will add laptops,tablets, cigars, cans of food, and soda pops as well as requested. the next update features several bomb building items as well, like chemicals that are found in households, det cord and trigger items. working on it as we speak :)

foxhound, thank you, awesome to finally have something front paged :) feels like i just scored the cover sheet of GQ XD

UPDATE. Version 1.1

added more items to the list

updated list

boots

face paint

dvds

mp3 player

pita bread

poppy seed bag

potato sack

cigarettes

fire starter

duct tape

matches

vodka

beer

beef jerky

phone card

weapons cleaning kit

bungee cords

batteries

camcorder

hand warmers

rice bag

whistle

hammer

nails

can opener

energy drink rip it

stethoscope

smartphone

dumb phone

twinkies

2 way radio

psp

bandana blue

bandana red

bandana green

bandana purple

bandana black

ranger pace counter

CLP

550 cord

domo

gameboy

sandwich

acetone

hydrochloric

exan

steel pipe

toxic gas

detcord

garage opener

clacker

gold watch

gold bar

dirty socks black

dirty socks green

dirty tan boxers

dirty tan shirt

zippo lighter

laptop

tablet

coke

pepsi

mountain dew

dr pepper

mezzo mix

tuna

cigar

soup

spaghettios

chilli

pineapple slices

suitcase black

suitcase silver

download link in first post updated.

EDIT: just saw that bag of poppy, coke and chili all have the wrong image assigned. will be fixed next update.

Edited by Thedog88

Can we get a thumbnail gallery of all the objects please?

Maybe a stupid question, but where do you find these items in the Editor?

go to empty>ammo>scroll all the way up there it is. ill look into the thumbnail gallery, its just going to be a minute until i get that done. i have to go back and fix a few items and also ill most likely go back and edit any items with brand names, i.e. skittles would no longer be called skittles.

edit: here is a really quick gallery, just a screenshot from my folder

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2894/galleryil.jpg

Edited by Thedog88

Great additions,but it's starting to get difficult what to pack with so many choices.:p

The new gadgets will come in handy in infiltrate,bug or retrieve missions.

I highly recommend that you add an additional ACE version of this mod, it would be epic...

For instance, you get tired from lugging around so much stuff, you could drink the thermos of coffee you brought along to slowly regain stamina?

I dunno, but it would be so cool...

If ace added nerves or something, cigarettes could calm you down...

Well, HAVE FUN!

well its compatible with ace but doesnt do anything^^ ill add a thermos though :D

Can you add MRE packs and maybe other type of food drink items? That would fill the scavenger part. Some other things like gun parts and maybe engine parts for the mechanics.

sure can man, only thing, im not going to add MRE's because glowbal is working on a food system that uses mre's and ration packs, he already has that stuff working in game too (GBL_Items) so im not going to take his thunder. i will however add more food and drink items to the list as well as weapon parts and engine parts. however the engine parts will be pretty small like maybe fan belts and other smaller items. im trying to refrain from putting items in primary slots for now so that people can carry standard loadouts without these items getting in the way. im hoping to push out an update by tomorrow morning, i will try to include some of the mentioned items. it will be my last update until january time frame because my computer will be shipped to my next duty station tomorrow.

Not a problem. Small engine parts are cool. cant see you running around with a V8 block on your back alone. Keep it up. This is turning out to be a fave mod for me.

i was thinking about that XD running with an engine block taking up your entire inventory would still be unrealistic, but yeah, should push this out by tomorrow morning.

112464.jpg

good news everyone

ARP ITEMS VERSION 1.2

version 1.2 of ARP Items is now ready for download. here is the change log

------------------

[added]

airfilter

basketball

cellphone

chucks

clutch_disk

clutch_pressureplate

cold air intake

electrical tape

fanbelt

flywheel

game controller

head lamp

knife

knife combat

leaftlet psyop

leaflet wanted

lisensplate afghan

m16 bolt

m16 lower receiver

m16 upper receiver

piston

sleeping bag

soldering iron

spoon

steeringwheel

thermos

valvesprings

wirecutter

[fixed]

poppy bag image

coke image

chili image

I also added categories to all items that can be found in the class list. the following letters indicate the type of item it is and cross references with ARP_Drops

N= normal, M= military, S= suspicious

ARP DROPS 1.2

ALSO available for download is ARP_drops

arp drops is a script that will spawn random items inside of buildings to enable a player to

physically search/loot buildings.

version 1.2 (will be updated with ARP_items)

Description

===========

this script will spawn a random number of ARP_items 1.2 inside

of buildings within a defined radius. This would allow for players

to physically search buildings for random items.

the items are categorized into 3 types (military, suspicious and

normal). the spawn can be set to spawn a certain category or s

pawn several categories at the same time.

Special Thanks to

=================

JW Custom, for writing this script,letting me modify it

and release it. Simply amazing work.

How to use

==========

installation and use.txt inside

Warning

=======

this script has not been tested on dedicated multiplayer servers

Note

====

You are authorized to edit this script to suit your needs.

you are NOT authorized to edit this script and release in

your own name.

if you edit this script and use it in a public release mission,

credit must go to jw custom and myself.

I am not responsible if your game breaks from using this script

SIDENOTE this release was slightly rushed since my desktop will be in shipping while i move. Next update can be expected to happen in January once i am settled into my new duty station. until then, enjoy and please do report any bugs or errors!

Edited by Thedog88