Sign in to follow this  
Death17

How do i record my flight?

I've been watching the videos and I'm wondering how I record my flight? Is there something I have to download?

So, try program named BandiCam ... Im using him ...

here is example:

P.S. dont look at fly :D im not good like others players ...

Thanks for the help guys.. Hono, I take it TOH does not have the function you are explaining on the video. I went to editor, modules, in TOH and there is no "Functions".

Like i sayd yesterday ...

Download Bandicam, install it and then run it ... Set your folder and record buttons in bandicam. Then minimaze (dont close) it and run TOH. After menu loading, will you see in left bottom corner two green number. Its FPS. When you are recording video, numbers will be red. After record is video very good and it have good compresion.

P.S. i dont know, if i can put here download link to Bandicam, but if you will use google, you find it.

P.P.S. in demo version of Bandicam, you can record only 10 minutes long videos and every video will have watermark with link to bandicam.

Chladic88. I don't think he want to record what he see on screen. He want to record his flight patch. To be able to replay it whenever he want. Even in a small mp mission for exemple.

;2254573']AFAIK' date=' you do not need the function module in ToH. It`s loaded automatically in ToH.[/quote']

+1

Please check this post. At the moment I've no time and thecnicaly can't start the game to make you a demo missions. I'm changing home.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129897-Unit-Rec-play-Camera-training&highlight=path+record

Edited by hon0

Ok Ok ...

I try, what is in video ...

I can record helicopter move, but i dont make playback of this move (i have all 3 files, mission, init, path with some text [146kb])... Problem is, if im in other character/choper i havent radio, its grey ...

What im making(or doing?!?) wrong?!?

0 , 8 , 1, 2, 3, 4..

Don't work?

It's under Radio. Not communication.

Bandi cam is great, except for the $39 price tag! Thanks. Hono, again, all your tutorials are in Arma, is it the same for TOH? No rush on reply, get moved in first. And nice flying by the way. Are you flying in expert?

0 , 8 , 1, 2, 3, 4..

Don't work?

It's under Radio. Not communication.

I cant get to turn on Radio Bravo (and radio Alfa too) ... if you want, ill make for you video ...

How you make it here? Not in Arma 2, its little bit diferent ...

When i press 0, then i see first menu where is 0 grey, not white like others ...

To Death17:

You can still use not buyed version, but with watermark.

Bandi cam is great, except for the $39 price tag! Thanks. Hono, again, all your tutorials are in Arma, is it the same for TOH? No rush on reply, get moved in first. And nice flying by the way. Are you flying in expert?

It's exactly the same execpt that as EagleEye[GER] said :

AFAIK, you do not need the function module in ToH. It`s loaded automatically in ToH.

I fly in veteran to enable the permanant HUD and 3rd person view. But with all the fly dinamyc to expert.

Wait a min :confused: You want to record a video? Or your flight path? :j:

Edited by hon0

Hono...at first I just wanted to make a video of my flight, but after watching your video I would like to try this scripting stuff. Thanks for the info.

Hono...at first I just wanted to make a video of my flight, but after watching your video I would like to try this scripting stuff. Thanks for the info.

I also experiment with that scripting stuff at the moment. We may can exchange informations about our findings.:) I want to record my path in a mission with sling loading and using different camera angels.

I'll help you. For the path at least.. As soon as I can.

I don't know if sling loading will work this way. But for camera angle no problem.

mXTpWB0NU2U

slingload works with unit_capture , I made this test video with it .

So, here is my try:

So, what im doing bad?

Sorry for long time, by writing, i have text for trigers in smartphone ...

Edited by Chladic88

@Thromp: Thanks for the testvid! Can you please upload this mission somewhere(including path, ini files/s)? Just want to see how you did the camera angels and so on.

@Chladic88: Hmm, strange. Can`t see what you did wrong. I do exactly the same like you do, but for me it aint start to capture. I may have to reinstall ToH.

Camera nagles is just me using camera.sqs , obviously I recorded myself using the function, picking up the steel and dropping it off, then I restarted mission and pressed play, then I used camera.sqs to video the playback of me picking up and dropping steel lol damn complicated explanation lol.

I have the mission here however I want you to understand its not playable at all, it contains addons that are in the download so :

install@thromp to your root folder add -mod= @thromp to your shortcut .

install mission buildingup.unitedstates_h to

\takeon\users\missions folder found inside mydocuments

play mission in editor and press 0-0-4 this will playback the recording.

I haven't touched it for a week or so and there is some weird welding and all things going on lol so ignore all that and well look around .

I hope it helps, I cant support the mission as I am busy but hopefully somethings you learn by it all.

Mission and addons

http://www.filedropper.com/thrompmissionandaddons

@Thromp: Thanks. Don`t want to fly the mission. I just want to look in the files, for the camera entries. Explanation is ok, allready know what to do from some tutorials I have read.:) When I only get that damn record function to work...:(

EagleEye,

I haven't downloaded Thromp's mission but since he said he used camera.sqs you won't find any camera movement related script.

camera.sqs is a script that enables a free camera mode. You use it through the unit's init (ie : this exec"camera.sqs") or through trigger (heli1 exec"camera.sqs")

Once enable you move the camera around with the bulldozer keybinding (check the control option)

Usually when I use the camera.sqs I place this in a trigger (radio alpha)

player exec"camera.sqs"; showCinemaborder false

(showCinemaborder false remove the black stripes above and under the screen)

You can also add another trigger with setAcctime 0.3 (or any value between 0.1 (slowest) to 4 (fastest), 1 being normal speed)

It will allow you to slow the time down and it will be easier to record fast moving vehicles like chopper or planes

Edited by Macadam Cow

EagleEye,

I haven't downloaded Thromp's mission but since he said he used camera.sqs you won't find any camera movement related script.

camera.sqs is a script that enables a free camera mode. You use it through the unit's init (ie : this exec"camera.sqs") or through trigger (heli1 exec"camera.sqs")

Once enable you move the camera around with the bulldozer keybinding (check the control option)

Usually when I use the camera.sqs I place this in a trigger (radio alpha)

player exec"camera.sqs"; showCinemaborder false

(showCinemaborder false remove the black stripes above and under the screen)

You can also add another trigger with setAcctime 0.3 (or any value between 0.1 (slowest) to 4 (fastest), 1 being normal speed)

It will allow you to slow the time down and it will be easier to record fast moving vehicles like chopper or planes

Thanks for explanation. Yes, I saw the tutorials for camera movements. I thought that examples would help me to though. I think I can start to look into it now, since the record function now is working. I mistakenly typed Heli1 in description and not in the variable name row.:whistle: Chladic88, I think youre vid lead me to it.:)

Edited by EagleEye[GER]

I'll suggest you to assign camera movement to joystick and throttle axis ( and, IMO, the Warthog isn't the best stick for that, I much prefer using my old T.Flight hotas) it allows for very smooth panning and travelling.

Once set up correctly it's a pleasure to use the camera.sqs :)

To give you an idea I've mapped panning to my stick and travelling to my throttle, the result is the best free camera mode I've ever used !

Edited by Macadam Cow

If you have a Nvidia card you can use shadowplay, download Geforce experience and you will see an option for it in there