Sign in to follow this  
2nd ranger

[SP/COOP 03*] For Guglovo

I like this kind of mission as well. It is this "resistance" flair from the original OFP. Quite nice. Haven't loaded the newest version but will do this tomorrow and then the coop will be tested :)

Keep up the good work. A nice smaller mission isn't better than any bad massive battle without any story.

Btw: No problems so far, despite the friendly AI. But that is not your fault I guess. They are some good support gunners anyway.

Thanks guys, great to know people liked it.

However, every time I get shot and die, the game doesn't realize what has happened. I can't load or quit, just lie on my back and stare up at the blue sky until I shut down the game with the task manager. Does this happento anyone else?

Have you downloaded the latest version? That issue was reported and I fixed it in an update. It was due to a 'onPlayerKilled' script I forgot I had in there.

Would really like to see this project turn into a campaign of some sort

I would too. I do have a general story plan that incorporates events in the Armaverse right up to Harvest Red, but whether or not I get around to making a campaign is uncertain.

I would too. I do have a general story plan that incorporates events in the Armaverse right up to Harvest Red, but whether or not I get around to making a campaign is uncertain.

If I ordered you as your NCO and gave you a kick in the A$$, would that do it?:p

No, just hosted, but I would like to hear how it played on a dedicated. I don't think there should be many problems.

Awesome mission Ranger, really great! The attention to detail makes the immersion of this mission something you don't see often in Arma 2 missions lately. They used to make immersive mission like this in the OFP era, I hope you mission marks the return of that golden age ;)

We played the mission tonight on the CiA coop server:

We got until the enemy village and heard the speech of the enemy leader (great one Ranger!). Up until that point everything went smoothly except for one thing - when we rescued the people from the wrecked church, they went on to rearm from enemy weapons. Then they got stuck. one of them were stuck in a lean position to the weapon he wanted to take and the other just kept standing. I tried to order them around but they just hold put. Too bad we really neded that sniper rifle in the town...

Looking forward for an update and for the follow-up campaign ;)

Yeah that issue is annoying. That part used to work fine, I think maybe something went wrong after one of the patches. It's at the top of my list.

Glad you enjoyed it otherwise.

Just finished For Guglovo v1.2. Great mission. Nice intro and music. Very good story, I also think that this could be good beginning for resistance campaign.

I'm not sure but i think that last task dont have "green box" wenn we finish mission. You can also add activatekey/donekeys for that mission. If you finish mission with that in SP, mission in game menu has "green box".

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Its good for players that have many missions on hdd (like me >2500 mission). Wenn you see that grenn box in game menu you know that you finished this mission earlier.

Oh, okay, I'm not familar with that feature, but I'll add it in the next update. And yeah, you're right about the last task. Thanks for the report.

To anyone who tried the mission in co-op: Was random weapon selection working at the start? Telltale signs of this not working properly are if you started the game with more than one magazine, and if Konstantin (Lopotev character in the track suit jacket) had a G36c.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Yepp...we had the G36c issue 1 hour ago.

But now we are stuck after "killing bandits" task. We tried 2 times and solved the first two tasks. But nothing happens? Ver. 1.2

Yeah, I take it you have waypoints disabled? After killing the bandits you must go to where the bodies lie at the burning house before the mission will progress. I'm going to change this in the next update to get rid of the reliance on the waypoint.

Just finished For Guglovo v1.2. Great mission. Nice intro and music. Very good story, I also think that this could be good beginning for resistance campaign.

I'm not sure but i think that last task dont have "green box" wenn we finish mission. You can also add activatekey/donekeys for that mission. If you finish mission with that in SP, mission in game menu has "green box".

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Its good for players that have many missions on hdd (like me >2500 mission). Wenn you see that grenn box in game menu you know that you finished this mission earlier.

You mean the briefing.html dialogue that actually displays the debrief text?

As for the story, I really could see how the player goes from an innocent (or is he, does he have a dark past even before the Guglovo tragedy) villager with a knack for hunting and perhaps some soviet-era military training, into the feared warlord he would eventually become. Perhaps he is forced to make some of the same kinds of morally questionable choices his own enemies made. Would be interesting to see how things change for the brothers as their cause catches like wildfire, perhaps they are catapulted into unlikely positions of immense power and influence.

@h34dup

Yes, the last task in debriefing was has "white box".

Yeah, I take it you have waypoints disabled? After killing the bandits you must go to where the bodies lie at the burning house before the mission will progress. I'm going to change this in the next update to get rid of the reliance on the waypoint.

Yeah, waypoints disabled. But I've read that before and tried to check every tile around the dead bodies. But it's ok. We were able to proceed the mission anyway, but only because I played that far in SP before (where the trigger obvious worked).

Another little problem we had during the mission. Once I was given a NVG "out of nowhere". Was in my Gear from one second to the other. Later I picked up another weapon from dead opponent and suddenly my NVG was gone and a binocular took its place. The NVG was away and I wasn't able to find it around that spot i "lost" it. Might the "random weapon" script be responsible for this behaviour?

Anyways: Mission is very cool, gives the good 'ol OFP-Resistance feeling and the difficulty gives one some tasks to solve. Especially "the end" (don't want to spoil, you know what I mean)

All human players must be near the bodies to trigger the next event. Was everyone near them? I'm probably going to increase that radius anyway but everyone has to be there.

I have absolutely no idea what could have caused that NVG thing. There is no mention of NVGs in any script and none of the units have NVGs in their default gear. Are you playing with any addons or mods? ACE or some AI mod?