Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Arma 2 OA Beta build 99113

Sounds great, but a little more info would indeed be nice. :)

Servers with many players (>20) should run faster

20 it's not many. Please optimise multiplayer code for 160+ players. Because now when players become more than 150 its too laggy to play or even missions do not take off... :(

Welcome from Tushino Serious Games and Weakly Open Games.

Edited by Shockster

20 it's not many. Please optimise multiplayer code for 160+ players. Because now when players become more than 150 its too laggy to play or even missions do not take off... :(

Welcome from Tushino Serious Games and Weakly Open Games.

This is when math becomes useful:

160 > 20

Bingo! So please test it and report results.

160 > 20

ROFL, sorry shockster but your maths in not so flash : p

160 > 20

Good one^^

Hello,

maybe i find some help here. I´ve installed the new Patch 99113 on my Dayz Server and on my own PC. If i try to join my Server i get an Error Message: You were kicked of the Game. (Battleye: Unknown Game Version).

Does someone have the same Problem and know how to fix it?

Greetings

Kero81

Shocker just got owned by the CEO of BIS. Moment of silence everyone...

Great Beta, thanks to the DEV that worked on this.

Hello,

maybe i find some help here. I´ve installed the new Patch 99113 on my Dayz Server and on my own PC. If i try to join my Server i get an Error Message: You were kicked of the Game. (Battleye: Unknown Game Version).

Does someone have the same Problem and know how to fix it?

Greetings

Kero81

You know what, I have seen that loads tonight on my server! Wondered what was going on!

Still on previous beta release for server!

You know what, I have seen that loads tonight on my server! Wondered what was going on!

Still on previous beta release for server!

it means that this beta build is not yet supported by BattlEye.

Maruk Good one :D

But we know numbers of BI. It's always about +5 or +10max players. So I wrote that we need numbers like >100 or <200, not >20.

WOG will test build 99113 next weekend.

My only fear hereby is that some Admins will use that improvement for higher A.I. count only so that in the end clients with no high end hardware are stuck with 15fps again as soon as Server fps gets down due to masses of remote A.I. I'm a bit sick of reading the statement get a better PC all the time in MP whenever the lag party starts and a few hardware snobs deny any trouble because they still have 30fps (but started with 60fps)

Regarding the AI threading / distributed AI debate in the Dev Heaven thread - I only play single player, but I play all missions as multiplayer on a dedicated server hosted on the same machine as my client (it's a quad core). The difference in client performance by having the AI running on one of the server cores is huge, particularly in delivering stable high FPS on the client - a typical high AI count mission just using the client will deliver 35 FPS dipping to low 20s, and the swing between high and low can be quite aggressive when the AI affects the rendering cores, whereas using the dedicated server the client FPS will be a stable 35 - 40, server FPS of 40 - 50.

If AI offloading in the exe via a HC is the approach that is taken, hopefully it can be done in the client also to allow better use of multi cores in the standard single player non dedicated server mode.

Edited by jiltedjock

But we know numbers of BI.

We do?

So I wrote that we need numbers like >100 or <200, not >20.

We do? I dunno bro, I think >20 is pretty straightforward.

If AI offloading in the exe via a HC is the approach that is taken, hopefully it can be done in the client also to allow better use of multi cores in the standard single player non dedicated server mode.

Yeah BIS needs to make some headless client implementation for SP too.

Edited by metalcraze

I guess what Mr. Bigboss tried to say in this snarky way was: If it says "Performance improved for 20+ players", then there probably was an awkward piece of code that put unnecessary load onto the server for each additional player, at 20 and above the sum of these loads made a noticable dent in the performance curve. When you have a server with very good hardware (and you need one for hosting missions with 150 players!), then you might not feel the improvement with 20 players, but certainly with your 150 players, maybe you can now go to 200, who knows?

After all, it's called beta because we need to TRY OUT what it actually does ;)

metalcraze

we = Russian Community and in my case is ~200 players of Weekly Open Games.

Edited by Shockster

There would be a great way to avoid all this confusion among new members if BIS just added an online check every time you try to play multiplayer which, in case of no battleye support, gives you a small non-intrusive message "Not yet approved by Battleye, please wait. Sorry for the inconvenience" kinda like those red letters with "updating Battleye".

If it's supported by battleye the current beta will never do a check anymore. Problem solved.

It's much better than a harsh kick which sends some people into panic mode. It isn't like beta is released once a month like with other games.

Anyone else have the problem of not appearing on the server list when using this beta patch?

Hi guys,

I need beta patch "99113", but the website "arma2.com" seems to be down. I'm trying to load the site more than hour without success.

Is there any alternate link for beta patches?

Thanks

Edited by helldesign