Sign in to follow this  
nateyj80

Sadly putting this game on the shelf - constant crashing

Well after working hard in Campaign mode for the last 3 weeks ive reached a point where the game now just constantly crashes. this includes the newest beta patch 1.03x

I have tried going back through 4 different saved games at various points and i goto different islands yet this does not seem to alter any outcome. the game crashes!

Come to the conclusion that this game is not fit for purpose - which is a big shame as I love it! This game is simply riddled with some serious bugs and for it to crash constantly is something seriously wrong and flawed deep down.

I started out being a huge PC game player then moved to the Xbox 360 and this game has brought me back to the PC platform. Now I realise why I left the PC game market. Games like this just wreck the whole experience of why you want to play games on a PC and why you would go for a dedicated games platform. Out of all the 360 games ive played they have been great and not have I experienced serious issues such as this game for a PC platform.

People should be given a refund for this game as its clearly not fit for purpose not even with the latest beta patch!

The game itself is fantastic and im hooked! But now its in this state, well its as much use as an inflatable dartboard!

I know it's a pain in the bum, but if you reinstall the game it should work again. Doing this got me past the crashes.

Dajunka's right. It's called a Beta patch for a reason. It *is* disappointing that more and more producers are strong-arming dev teams into releasing unready code, but BIS are one of the few studios with a conscience, and will actively fix those issues.

I absolutely adore this game, but I've shelved it until the AI is patched. I check back here every so often, but I advise that you do the same, or you'll just beat your head against it until you are sick of it. Go play something else. ARMA II is good fun ;-)

What the constant access violations and crashes and apparently corrupted saves means to me is I will regard all BIS products as unproven until it's been out for a while. I'm not repeating my mistake of paying top dollar for something that looked really cool but is unplayable on release date.

Well after working hard in Campaign mode for the last 3 weeks ive reached a point where the game now just constantly crashes. this includes the newest beta patch 1.03x

I have tried going back through 4 different saved games at various points and i goto different islands yet this does not seem to alter any outcome. the game crashes!

Come to the conclusion that this game is not fit for purpose - which is a big shame as I love it! This game is simply riddled with some serious bugs and for it to crash constantly is something seriously wrong and flawed deep down.

I started out being a huge PC game player then moved to the Xbox 360 and this game has brought me back to the PC platform. Now I realise why I left the PC game market. Games like this just wreck the whole experience of why you want to play games on a PC and why you would go for a dedicated games platform. Out of all the 360 games ive played they have been great and not have I experienced serious issues such as this game for a PC platform.

People should be given a refund for this game as its clearly not fit for purpose not even with the latest beta patch!

The game itself is fantastic and im hooked! But now its in this state, well its as much use as an inflatable dartboard!

Details of the crash in the logfile:

----------------

Program: ...ctive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 607bca at 154

SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr:0x00607bca

SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr:0x00607bca

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

-----------------

Hopefully this will be of some use to the development team. whatever the above means!!

The error.log is also reporting these problems:

!!! Bad record in ccsettings.xml. Unknown action "jump"

Not preloaded obj/characters/camera.xob

!!! Bad record in ccsettings.xml. Unknown action "jump"

Failed to open object gui/strategic/demo_missing1.xob

!!! PreloadInfo Object failed: "gui/strategic/demo_missing1.xob"

SerializeInputAdapter::ReadReference - Object not presented in TOC. Type 'AIOB'

Not preloaded particle/contact/cc_seamain.ptc

Not preloaded particle/contact/cc_seawing.ptc

Not preloaded particle/contact/cc_seaback.ptc

Obsolete type of door. Entity '', model 'obj/vehicles/carrier/barque_door.xob'

Obsolete type of door. Entity '', model 'obj/vehicles/carrier/barque_door.xob'

Not preloaded obj/misc/debris/hole01_small.xob

Not preloaded particle/weapon/destruct_box1.ptc

Not preloaded particle/enviroment/dmg_barrel.ptc

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 ----------

I know it's a pain in the bum, but if you reinstall the game it should work again. Doing this got me past the crashes.

tried this and sadly does not work. the game still crashes and trying previous game saves ultimately the game crashes at some point.

since all of my games have now been saved under v1.03x i cant go back to 1.02 as the game reports the saved games arent compatible when i try to downgrade to the previous update. :mad: :mad: :mad:

why are saved games so heavily reliant on the version of the game?? :j: ive rarely seen this before especially with minor game updates are concerned.

I really don't know. BI seem to be all at sea with this game, patch's, PR and stuff. It's like their manager has retired and no one else has a clue what to do. Very good game but a very bad release.

<Crash log clipped>

since all of my games have now been saved under v1.03x i cant go back to 1.02 as the game reports the saved games arent compatible when i try to downgrade to the previous update. :mad: :mad: :mad:

why are saved games so heavily reliant on the version of the game?? :j: ive rarely seen this before especially with minor game updates are concerned.

Hi Natey,

Save game files are usually reliant on version because there may be patches and new objects in later versions. imagine if BIS put in a new upgrade for the walrus in 1.03, and you tried to downgrade to 1.02. what would the inventory screen show for the now non-existent upgrade?

On the other hand, if it's *still* crashing after you uninstall and re-install the release version, then you may have an incompatibility issue. i suggest you look through all the things you've installed since CCGM, and if you come across anything which stands out, include a save game and your crash log, and log it at the issue tracking site instead of on here. The devs will be grateful for a save file they can load and trace through to crashing.

I feel your pain on this. (luckily?) I, myself joined at the P&C stage so didn't pay top dollar, but if I'd shelled out £40 for this game, I'd be a bit miffed too. I have faith, though, that BIS will work at the issues until CCGM is the game it was always meant to be. It'll have to take a few price point reductions though, and it'll have to be damn soon to improve the metacritic scores before christmas.

Stay sane, and keep posting the crash reports (on the issue logging site). It sounds like you're the motivated kind of person who can really help to turn issues round by digging until a problem is solved.

This is why I am still using 1.02, I know it works.

Even if the walruses do get stuck sometimes, a quick visit with a manta hook solves most things.

It saddens me because this is a tops game, and if they had planned the release better, and fixed the obvious bugs, it could have got itself stuck in the Steam top 10 along with Arma II. A chance missed.

Maybe when they get things fixed it will start to sell well.

Hi,

on what version you make those saves which you try to load on version 1.03 ? Also can you write this on our bug-tracker http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback and add that corrupted save ?

Thanks

Hi,

on what version you make those saves which you try to load on version 1.03 ? Also can you write this on our bug-tracker http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback and add that corrupted save ?

Thanks

Hi

Whats the estimated investigation time and resolution as ive placed a copy of my corrupted save game file along with a bug report as suggested on your feedback site on 19th November? According to that website my submitted error request is still unassigned.

cheers

Hi

Whats the estimated investigation time and resolution as ive placed a copy of my corrupted save game file along with a bug report as suggested on your feedback site on 19th November? According to that website my submitted error request is still unassigned.

cheers

as I understand the bug tracker is prioritized by the number of people reporting the issues. As it seams to be no principal problem with the game but with your configuration, you should rater post in the troubleshooting forum.

You can send a PM to a moderator and ask for moving (or advice how else to get help).

as I understand the bug tracker is prioritized by the number of people reporting the issues. As it seams to be no principal problem with the game but with your configuration, you should rater post in the troubleshooting forum.

You can send a PM to a moderator and ask for moving (or advice how else to get help).

Just applied the latest 1.3 official patch to a clean install of CC and sadly the game still crashes upon opening the saved game. this does not happen immediately more towards 5 minutes into playing the saved game. Its not my configuration - whatever you mean by that statement? My game is running on a good solid Windows 64bit version with a GeForce GTX 480 card. I play several games on this machine and I havent experienced any problems such as this. Blaming my configuration is a bit of a cop out! when clearly this game has dozens of people reporting bugs/crashes with the game. This game is clearly not fit for purpose.

Also im very dissapointed with the software developer for not resolving the problem or at least trying to investigate the saved game file I submitted some weeks ago (along with crash log details) as advised to on this forum. I just logged back in and my request is just sitting there being ignored. OK you state the bug tracker is prioritized by the number of people reporting the issues - thats fair enough but from what it appears no-one can be bothered to investigate this after all this time. Shows a total lack of disregard to the paying customer who has invested time, money and effort into their product.

Very poor show!

Who do I make a formal complaint to? Who is the managing director of this software company? Anyone have their details and e-mail address?

I don't know if you tried this or if someone mentioned this already but delete the saved game your trying to access, it may be corrupted.

Just applied the latest 1.3 official patch to a clean install of CC and sadly the game still crashes upon opening the saved game. this does not happen immediately more towards 5 minutes into playing the saved game. Its not my configuration - whatever you mean by that statement? My game is running on a good solid Windows 64bit version with a GeForce GTX 480 card. I play several games on this machine and I havent experienced any problems such as this. Blaming my configuration is a bit of a cop out! when clearly this game has dozens of people reporting bugs/crashes with the game. This game is clearly not fit for purpose.

Also im very dissapointed with the software developer for not resolving the problem or at least trying to investigate the saved game file I submitted some weeks ago (along with crash log details) as advised to on this forum. I just logged back in and my request is just sitting there being ignored. OK you state the bug tracker is prioritized by the number of people reporting the issues - thats fair enough but from what it appears no-one can be bothered to investigate this after all this time. Shows a total lack of disregard to the paying customer who has invested time, money and effort into their product.

Very poor show!

Who do I make a formal complaint to? Who is the managing director of this software company? Anyone have their details and e-mail address?

I also have Windows 64 bit but with an ATI graphic card. I don't have the same issues and for sure there are not many discussions in "general" section about crashes. So if you want to make a complaint or just want help, I suggest you post in "troubleshooting" or have your thread moved. You post in the wrong forum and complain about not being heard? If you look at some threads at the troubleshooting you can see that BI is listening and answering, if people give the according information for them to investigate. It is all there.

I also have Windows 64 bit but with an ATI graphic card. I don't have the same issues and for sure there are not many discussions in "general" section about crashes. So if you want to make a complaint or just want help, I suggest you post in "troubleshooting" or have your thread moved. You post in the wrong forum and complain about not being heard? If you look at some threads at the troubleshooting you can see that BI is listening and answering, if people give the according information for them to investigate. It is all there.

Well, the OP stated that he had opened a trouble ticket and provided the appropriate information there. Since he hasn't seen any updates on the ticket, he's a trifle annoyed.

That's a reasonable stance, particularly since he gave the information on the trouble ticket on the 19th of last month.

Well, the OP stated that he had opened a trouble ticket and provided the appropriate information there. Since he hasn't seen any updates on the ticket, he's a trifle annoyed.

That's a reasonable stance, particularly since he gave the information on the trouble ticket on the 19th of last month.

Sorry, I did not look at the ticket. I can fully understand the frustration. But I still would expect a higher chance for a response if he asked for an update in the troubleshooting forum.

The game kept crashing on me to the point I couldn't play it anymore. I was using WinXP with Steam install. Then I installed Win7 fresh install just for this game. Nothing else installed. Installed with Steam again and it hasn't crashed once.