Sign in to follow this  
eble

Israel - Gaza - What should we do if anything.

Woft.

Edited by Rye

Why is it considered spamming? These guys fight over there for 70 years, nothing will ever change in that part of the world :j:

Edited by Mr. Charles

@Rye & Mr. Charles

already now are people dying in this conflict. No matter what you think about the involved countries, your posts are disrespectful to the victims. Please consider to edit your posts accordingly. Thank you.

I don't know what YOU should do. But I've packed my kitbag and waiting for the call from the Army.

Army why u no call me???

I suppose the only effective way to stop this conflict is to deport both Jews and Arabs far from this land and leave it to some neutral country or organization.

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion.

"Get the popcorn" or "Nuke it from orbit"-Aliens reference doesn't add anything even nearly relevant, so it is spam. Warnings remain active, offer of deletion expired.

@All

we don't care which side you support there, in this forum we don't do politics. Respect each other, accept other POV even if you can't agree to them. If this is respected, thread will remain open.

I suppose the only effective way to stop this conflict is to deport both Jews and Arabs far from this land and leave it to some neutral country or organization.
That's how Stalin tried to solve conflicts beetween ethnic groups in soviet union....did it work in the end? No just have a look at the caucasus region and all the regions that fell from GUS after 1991

I fear a solution is far from possible unless people learn to put aside their prejudices and stop being idiots for just an hour. IMHO, the creation of Israel was a huge mistake. I firmly support Gaza's bid for freedom from oppression and recognition as a state, but not the methods which they choose to achieve this with. Israel seems to forget their own history from time to time as well. Irgun and Lehi ring a bell.

Edited by Hellfire257

That's how Stalin tried to solve conflicts beetween ethnic groups in soviet union....did it work in the end? No just have a look at the caucasus region and all the regions that fell from GUS after 1991

It's hard to believe but yes, it worked. Until the weakening of the state we knew from little to no ethnic conflicts. Sure when all the state authorities degraded many conflicts sparked, not only among old enemies like Armenians and Azeris. But at the same time all the state branches degraded and it's not surprise that the conflicts between ethnic groups started in the weak state.

I fear a solution is far from possible unless people learn to put aside their prejudices and stop being idiots for just an hour. IMHO, the creation of Israel was a huge mistake. I firmly support Gaza's bid for freedom from oppression and recognition as a state, but not the methods which they choose to achieve this with. Israel seems to forget their own history from time to time as well. Irgun and Lehi ring a bell.

x2. Creating a country on the land that is desired by other nation too was a timebomb.

Edited by Spooky Lynx

in this region solution is far from possible cause two sides have thousands of years of their presence in the same area and in modern era of states (as organizations with all it's consequences as police, army, taxes etc.) it is impossible to solve situation in which 2 sides have 50% right, especially with 2 different but in fact the same religions claiming "we are chosen by god" "nooo, its we who are chosen", it is impossible to solve it without every side making step back instead of step forward in aspirations,

probably as in many many conflicts in our history - it is not people who wanna fight, it is politicians and financial interests who push people , Einstein said (i cannot find source in ENglish language so i translate one i know from PL): "war is a situation in which 2 people who do not know and never spoken to each other fight with each other for interests of people who know each other very well but do not agree in interests",

probably without big money interests and religions (which both are very strong) those 2 nations could live here without such violent situations, problem is where to set Israeli state in our globe, while it is place they lived 3 thousands years ago, also Arab nations lived there, situation is almost unsolvable, Israel has right to their independence, Palestine too, it is impossible to solve cause Jews should have their own state with their own administration, culture, tradition, Palestinians also are nation (like in Europe we have Basks etc.)

probably until Arab culture religion spread won't break we will have boiling point there, even now on YT we have a lot of movies showing overgrowth of Islam in Paris etc.

we were doing the same 900 or 600 years ago making crusades, it is unsolvable, history is weird and autodestructive,

there is too small space to give both nations their area in this region, and too big ambitions do not allow both nations to take step back,

if they could build a land on sea, maybe it would solve situation, cause people there must live somewhere and need space to park, sleep etc. building 1 km high towers won't solve it in 2100 when we gonna have maybe 15 bilions or 20 bilions of people on globe

Edited by vilas

Army why u no call me???

I think the regular IDF can fight this alone, no need to call in reservists.

The whole idea of the state for the jews only seems a bit nazi for me. Especially when such state is to be set on the land inhabited by other nation. If it would be just independent state for everyone who lived in the Palestine at that moment - everything would be okay. Try to put yourself on the Arab side - they lived for some centuries there, been cultivating this soil, they aren't guilty of Holocaust and even hardly know about it but in some time they have to give the land they lived at least for some centuries till now because somewhere in Europe Jews suffered Holocaust. Isn't it stupid?

I can understand Jews and their will to have their own state. But most of the lands are occupied by someone else. So either form the state together with any other nation or choose any inhabited land. Now it hardly matters that you lived somewhere about 2000 years ago.

I think the regular IDF can fight this alone, no need to call in reservists.
I dont think Resevist in Israel is the same as Reservist in Germany but even in Germany Reservists are called in all the time up to 60 years of age because of lack in qualified personel that is in ISAF, KFOR or ATALANTA mission. At this point right now there are 38012 reservist in full or part time "Beorderung", kind of "in active standby". Edited by Beagle

problem is that in some years we will not have even one inhabited rock (except Sahara, Arctica and Antarctida) so putting any state or moving border of any state, even for a kilometr, can be a serious problem

The whole idea of the state for the jews only seems a bit nazi for me. Especially when such state is to be set on the land inhabited by other nation. If it would be just independent state for everyone who lived in the Palestine at that moment - everything would be okay. Try to put yourself on the Arab side - they lived for some centuries there, been cultivating this soil, they aren't guilty of Holocaust and even hardly know about it but in some time they have to give the land they lived at least for some centuries till now because somewhere in Europe Jews suffered Holocaust. Isn't it stupid?

I can understand Jews and their will to have their own state. But most of the lands are occupied by someone else. So either form the state together with any other nation or choose any inhabited land. Now it hardly matters that you lived somewhere about 2000 years ago.

That's just like as if Germany would claim north-west Poland and Kaliningrad right now...

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

problem is that in some years we will not have even one inhabited rock (except Sahara, Arctica and Antarctida) so putting any state or moving border of any state, even for a kilometr, can be a serious problem
You have never benn to the wast lands west of you...vast countrysides in north eastern gemany are deserted by now...and the population number there is going down there faster and faster. Some provinces in the east are loosing 10.000 people a year. Edited by Beagle

That's just like as if Germany would claim north-west Poland and Kaliningrad right now..

Cross knights were brought there in XII or XIII century by Polish prince afaik to help Christianize pagan Prussia, so in history there are situations when one nation had one area for 200 years, than second nation for 400 years, than again first nation for 200 years , than second ... etc. etc. etc.

borders in X century were similar like now we have, while since ca. 1200 or 1300 AD all changed etc. etc.

so situations around globe are similar, especially when we would look at US and Native Indians ;)

so it is all historically unsolvable cause century after century there were a lot of changes, and no state will allow to no changes , reason is simple - power, taxes from area

Some provinces in the east are losing 10.000 people a year.

There was one o too much :P

OT: The situation in europe is quite stable now for around 70 years and the same cannot be said for Israel. I wouldn't get my hopes up for them, because war never solved anything. It only creates more hostility and prejudices. The israeli people need to come together and make compromises. We shouldn't get involved in their war campaign but rather take diplomatic actions to stop the violence.

There was one o too much :P

OT: The situation in europe is quite stable now for around 70 years and the same cannot be said for Israel. I wouldn't get my hopes up for them, because war never solved anything. It only creates more hostility and prejudices. The israeli people need to come together and make compromises. We shouldn't get involved in their war campaign but rather take diplomatic actions to stop the violence.

no im not exagerating, currently it is absolutely possible that germany wil habe less pupolation in 2050 than it had in 1950.

http://www.berlin-institut.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Gutachten/Bev.vorausberechnung.jpg (221 kB) we can of couse filll that up with "New-Palestine"...the region Meck-Pomm-Brandeburg is sandy and barren enough...just colder.

no im not exagerating, currently it is absolutely possible that germany wil habe less pupolation in 2050 than it had in 1950.

http://www.berlin-institut.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Gutachten/Bev.vorausberechnung.jpg (221 kB) we can of couse filll that up with "New-Palestine"...the region Meck-Pomm-Brandeburg is sandy and barren enough...just colder.

I meant that there was one too many o in lose :)

Completely agree, Mr. Charles. The whole conflict reminds me of two little children scrapping in the playground.

The only thing anybody can do is go there and live it if they wish to do anything , experience the truth, conflicts like this cannot be judged and or brought to any conclusion based on what we read or hear ,

I have sympathy for civillians who simply want to live and be content from both sides , since both side have Elections we an only hope they vote for people who will bring them peace, this is what they did in Northern Ireland and it seemed to at least bring some semblance of peace ( apologies to anyone who is from there , I only know what I read and see and i`m sure peace is not there yet for all but it has come a long way i`m sure).

, at the moment I don't believe either side have elected for a very peaceful government again if my understanding based on what I read and hear is not somewhat blurred by propaganda that without doubt both sides are guilty of .

Hi all

Untill there is a Palestinian State the war will continue.

Israelis will die, Palestinians will die Israel will increasingly become a Pariah the resentment will fester.

At least the American's will start to pull out over the next year or so, with Middle East Oil about to become irrelavent, then the Palestinians will stop being able to say its all down to America. US support of Israel in the UN will probably cease by the time of the next election with the death of the oil lobby.

Kind Regards walker