Sign in to follow this  
G.Roy

ArmA 3 clan support

Hey guys,

Coming from a long line of "realistic" sims and FPS games, I haven't seen too many companies give any real specific focus to clans. Of course, the devs always, always listen to the community, for the most part, but never really seem to pay any interest to clans unless it is through public boards such as this. My question to is, what do you guys want to see for clan support within ArmA 3? I can see so much potential, especially with the versatility of the game, milsim and realism units are gonna be ten fold those of ArmA 2.

Personally, I would like to see a tab in the multiplayer section, kept updated by either volunteers (or maybe an intern at BiS?) that has the list of all clans that meet a certain activity requirement. As in they must have a website, roster with at least 15 members active, that kind of stuff. In this tab could be a list of the clans/units and their related teamspeak/website and server info, such as a join button like you would join any other server. Thoughts?

-Roy

Clan supports and enhancing clanship would be great to see. :)

would it be useful? all a clan is in a game like Arma 3 is a name tag, and perhaps a private server, which is all already provided for. what other features would a clan need?

would it be useful? all a clan is in a game like Arma 3 is a name tag, and perhaps a private server, which is all already provided for. what other features would a clan need?

I think he is asking for a clan management, like add a person and delete this person. MAke the list of the people on the clan visible to the public( like BattleField 3 ), this could make part of the social ideia that they posted here some days ago, it would be nice.

What a great idea.I have registered just to have my say, but before i start i must add, what an annoying regisstration system,seriously, if you are going to be that concerned about spammers then what is use for admins? -__-

And WTF? Image verification for every post i make? This is ridiculous.I won't be here long.

Anyway, yes, nice idea, i agree that this can be solved by just adding a clan tag, but maybe a dedicated system would be nice (Without turning this into a Call Of Duty) lol

But there is a lot of proper thinking to do,something B.I should do here regarding this to conclude weather or not it's a good idea.

What a great idea.I have registered just to have my say, but before i start i must add, what an annoying regisstration system,seriously, if you are going to be that concerned about spammers then what is use for admins? -__-

And WTF? Image verification for every post i make? This is ridiculous.I won't be here long.

Admins are here to delete posts like these :)

Anyway, yes, nice idea, i agree that this can be solved by just adding a clan tag, but maybe a dedicated system would be nice (Without turning this into a Call Of Duty) lol

But there is a lot of proper thinking to do,something B.I should do here regarding this to conclude weather or not it's a good idea.

Imge verification is just for the first few posts. Welcome to the community^^

We already have an excellent XML Squad URL system in, so why not full clan support?

This is what I would consider useful

-Public "homepage" for all to see

-Limited message boards (more like comments)

-Add players based on their unique player ID

-Same XML image as A2 has

-Linked with servers

We already have an excellent XML Squad URL system in, so why not full clan support?

-Linked with servers

Good ideas.

I also consider a description of the clan useful - but never find one until I search around externally.

Yes, all the above.

Have anyone here played World in Conflict online?

squad.xml is already more clan support that most games offer. Maybe it needs some improvements - Mostly in the "easier to use" department, though some functionality could be slightly improved as well, for example arm patches working on all soldier classes rather than only a few. But in general it gets the job done great when actually used.

However, any social features (friends list, who's online, who's playing where and with what mods) would be a great addition, as already mentioned on many other threads before.

Admins are here to delete posts like these :)

Pointing out website annoyances is a stupid thing to do? Lol hmmmm

Imge verification is just for the first few posts. Welcome to the community^^

Few posts? Huh? I'm still having to verify... thanks anyway :)

I can't wait for Arma 3, it's going to be cool :) I wonder what they will do about clans, doesn't bother me much though because maybe it will separate the community...

Yea I love this idea and I was thinking the exact same thing, Most realism units such as mine use Xfire because it has a Xfire group and shows all the members on your friends list with their tags etc, Also shows what games you support, news and shows the amount of hours of gaming your clan / unit has total all together. If ArmA 3 could have like a rank system for clans such as Private etc to show up on their vest and can be assigned to them by the admins of the clan group that would be really great but im just throwing some ideas out there. Also a patch thing like they did with the Squad xml's but a better more updated one.

Edited by Mabe

Hi, i'd never joined a klan fore reasons like time and the schedule of the meetings aside of the requirements; but a fella allowed me to use his klan squad.xml and i was never able to make it work online, the arm patch mostly, i didn't used the klan's tag.

As player i would like (and sure many others too) to use aside of my own custom face... my own custom arm patch, vehicle ensign and that; maybe there should be a part where place this kind of custom files in an easy way, calling the custom face just 'face.whaterver' and the arm patch the same: 'patch.whatever', storing 'em in the same place where control what custom files you upload to a server and to other players aside of make the use of allowed custom files more accessible to witless people like me and many others, simplifying the use of the whole klan thing aswell the custom files use. Let's C ya

There should be some tournament support and sponsorships as well, much like the LoL community and other gaming communities have their eSports. It would be nice to see some competitive eSports for Arma, squad vs squad, platoon vs platoon, unit vs unit etc...

Spectating would certainly be an awesome feature. After some intense games just relaxing and watching some good players compete.

There should be some tournament support and sponsorships as well, much like the LoL community and other gaming communities have their eSports. It would be nice to see some competitive eSports for Arma, squad vs squad, platoon vs platoon, unit vs unit etc...

Spectating would certainly be an awesome feature. After some intense games just relaxing and watching some good players compete.

That would be fun to see. Say Unit X, a USA Unit, faces Unit Y, A Russian Unit. The Clan owners could send each other basic (As in BIS Translated) Messages such as "We invite you to a PVP! This time, this date,(Insert check-listed rules here)"

Have anyone here played World in Conflict online?

Yeah, I have. Almost ruined my last year at school with it xD

I was decent with support and helis. I played mostly 4v4/5v5 clanwars and matchmaking with the occasional puplic game.

Destroying arty noobs with helis on nukeneedle? hell yeah (I know I'm a bad person for ruining highscores for the artyplayers xD).

Good times.

So sad it's essentially dead. The last time I tried to play Multiplayer there was no matchmaking going on and the public servers I joined died quickly because skill level was unbelievably low - no matter what role I choose the balance changed instantly in favor of my team.

Anyway the player lobby in WiC was great. You could create chatrooms, form clans, you had servers for cws etc. It was a great Multiplayergame.

Interesting thread and one of the areas I've been starting to think about. I am a huge fan of COOP and have a focus on this aspect of the Arma community. How to bring more COOP players together; to share quality (not buggy) missions; to develop a league where COOP players can attempt missions and get scored for performance; share ideas; post server and team speak details; detail the type of style they play,I.e. vanilla, Ace, Acre, revives, no revives, etc so players can work out their best fit if they are looking to expand the players they can do missions with.

I have started a website for this purpose but wait for Arma3 to progress it further.

-Linked with servers

Nice ideas, the ability to add players quickly to the XML and view their UID through a clan interface in game would be welcome too, along with having the abillity to change your group through the player profile via groups you're currenty apart of rather than having to change out long URL's every time you need to change.

Hey guys,

roster with at least 15 members active, that kind of stuff.

-Roy

15? That is ridiculous, how would anyone start and grow a clan if they are locked out of features until 15 members.

2 members and you're a clan with potential.

15? That is ridiculous, how would anyone start and grow a clan if they are locked out of features until 15 members.

2 members and you're a clan with potential.

Eh, seems fair to me, at least there won't be a spam of clans showing up when people search.