Sign in to follow this  
citizensnip

Sukhoi Su-15TM "Flagon"

Nice bird man, thanks for creating it. A classic,that, besides a single dark moment in history, is an often forgotten about aircraft

NICE! Will test. Any chance of Takistani textures?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

After a brief test I must declare it very nice work. Unfortunately the afterburner effect is about 3-4 meters behind and below the nozzles, so that could need fixing. Additionally the sound has a lot of crackle. This is completely realistic with older, unsuppressed jet sounds, but it's not something you'd ordinarily hear in the cockpit except to a muffled extent during takeoff. The frequency spectrum (wide though it is) would be greatly muffled inside the cockpit where the pilot additionally has ear protection, but most importantly would be more or less 100% gone by the time the jet reaches ~200kts (talking out of my arse here btw). The doppler shift should make the crackle just another part of the lower (bass) spectrum of engine noise. It currently detracts somewhat from the enjoyment of the aircraft, which altogether is very fine and perhaps best of all is the cockpit!

The gun pods read 150|2 (150, 150, 150), suggesting THREE gun pods. Perhaps you intended to make that 150|1?

Thank you for good work.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Oh and I forgot - the sound also features on occasion an audible key or switch click. Rather odd.

Oh dear, I love that "Airline Butcher". Must agree it's underrated since it's only did intercepted few airliners in history. I hope there's a Takistan texture too.

Just downloaded, will be having a good look soon. The pics look really great, so thanks for sharing..:)

It'd definitely look good in a Taki livery. A Chernorussian might look good, as well.

Model itself is nice. I like that a lot. The engine sound could stand improvement. Even just use the BIS default. And, Ailerons and Rudder behave incorrectly. http://flighttraining.aopa.org/images/ft_magazine/2011/april/1104technique_full.jpg for reference

E: It's really a good lookin' airframe when viewed from top angles. Looking at it from side profiles as I did in the past on sites like Airliners.net do not do it justice.

Edited by LukinFanBoy
Added critique

Looks cool. Will dl layer and give it a try. Agree with the OP about maybe giving it a takistani and CDF skin as well.

Nice addon of an excellent machine, citizenship. Thank you very much for your work. :)

Bottom of first post:

The Taki skin I mean. Re-checked the download link, it does not feature the Taki skin.

The Taki skin I mean. Re-checked the download link, it does not feature the Taki skin.

Well perhaps be patient, im sure citizensnip will upload a new version soon.

seems to be a config error in the model cfg, a possible undefined base?

Hi,

That plane is fantastic! Thank you!

It's a little bit strange to see that blend of AG and AA weapons.

It could be nice to have a pure AA version (only AA-3s/AA-8s - no rocket or gun pod) of that plane...

Thank you again!

-Luc-

So after PMing you for permissions to the MLOD, I've noticed that you included the MLOD right in the PBO itself.

I'm not sure if this was your intention or not, most people binarise the model before releasing it for functionality/performance reasons as well as making sure people don't take your work.

hmm. So is anyone else having an error pop up about an undefined base class?

Its odd because it still works when placed in the editor?