-martin-

My work is being illegally sold on World Zombie.ru

And that dude (Mukhin) said that he works in local FSB department:) Martin, aren't you scared?

"...I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Qaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out..."

Edited by RangerPL

I've got nothing to add or say other then I am 100% behind you martin :)

Martin, there is an info that YT moderators are not so fast in responding letters. Better way to attract their attention is to use "Flag as inappropriate" button under the video. This way should be far more quicker than emailing them.

"...I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Qaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out..."

"...You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot..."

So would that make the BI forums = network of spies? ;)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Hello, I can't write the private message to the CSJ. I want to report that its CSJ_animals (csj_snake, csj_shark) also are used in this commercial project :mad:

"...You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot..."

So would that make the BI forums = network of spies? ;)

Together with flashpoint.ru - why not?

Please everyone, stay on topic. No point in de-railing this thread. Show some respect to Martin's situation!

Hello, I can't write the private message to the CSJ. I want to report that its CSJ_animals (csj_snake, csj_shark) also are used in this commercial project :mad:

Thanks Argument.

I've PM'ed CSJ with reference to your post.

This is very insulting they stole your work and banning you.

Good luck how you will proceed further. Iam all with you!

Lars

They also use zombies from Charon's Undead Mod.

Just found out about this thread. I've been enjoying Taviana ever since its first release and I hope you'll get it sorted out soon.

Seeing guys like that could disgust talented modders like you from modding really infuriates me.

It's nice to see the Russian community and the Russian publisher backing you up, brought a big smile on my face :)

If all legal actions fail, shouldn't it be possible to download their addon package and mission file and make it available for free on all the big community website ?

Good luck Martin

Edited by Macadam Cow

I lol'd so hard :)

Not only you ^^

If all legal actions fail, shouldn't it be possible to download their addon package and mission file and make it available for free on all the big community website ?

Two wrongs dont make a right unfortunately.

That is purely opinion-based :)

Most likely, but i dont think that it helps with the original problem and i dont think that Martin wants revenge for using his work and making money out of it, i think he just wants the respect that is due for all the hours he has put into Taviana. And he wants it to be available for everyone - for free.

Could anyone contact Charon and make him aware of the situation? Thanks in advance!

@Gnat: Any news from CSJ about this?

Edited by derdoe

it is really a shame that they make money with your hard work. Do not give up and go on with modding for all the people who respect your work.

regards

moerderhoschi

Most likely, but i dont think that it helps with the original problem and i dont think that Martin wants revenge for using his work and making money out of it, i think he just wants the respect that is due for all the hours he has put into Taviana. And he wants it to be available for everyone - for free.

Could anyone contact Charon and make him aware of the situation? Thanks in advance!

@Gnat: Any news from CSJ about this?

It's not about revenge, it's about breaking his business down. By "If all legal actions fail" I meant "if you can't bring this guy in front of a judge".

And I see nothing wrong with this, I'm opposed to any personal threats but I'll support any action that can bring his business down.

No need to be more catholic than the pope.

What if Russian justice doesn't care ? We're just going to sit here and say "this is wrong" ?

Edited by Macadam Cow

lol, we - russians, know how to make money out of nothing. It's sad, that something you spend a lot of love and time for, and released it for FREE for the community, being taken without permission and even sold for real money! I wish that guy, who manages that, gets what he deserves as soon as possible!

I think you will find that it is indeed illegal under United Kingdom law to make threats of violence or derogatory/defamatory comments over the internet. Absolutely nothing changes just because such a criminal act has been committed via the internet. I highly suspect that the laws are similar in Russia.

I will also assume that English is not your first language due to your shocking grammatical errors. Please don't pull others up on their differences in such a rude way. :)

- Slightly off-topic, apologies.

@Martin, you may be able to contact Google/Yahoo/Bing and issue a take-down request for their search engine results if your attempts to get their servers taken offline fail. This would depend on the search engines' terms of service agreements.

english is not my first language at all, but even if there are laws that make illegal to threat people over the internet, most of the world dont have them, after all, when the internet is used in that way is just like saying "hey, i will insult you and you cant punch me in the face even if you want to"

In respect to law, it is far better to try and solve the issue either through civil law channels or the business methods that have been seen in this thread. The threats of violence towards Martin from this person would be extremely difficult to form a case round due to the law within the UK. This is mainly due to the fact that the law involving this for the UK is archiac with the most recent amendments to the Acts being in 1977.

There are several offences that Martin could attempt to take to a solicitor under the Offences Against Persons Act 1861. Under section 16 it is stated; "(1) A person who without lawful excuse makes to another a threat, intending that that other would fear it would be carried out, to kill that other or a third person shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years." The problem here is that it has to be proven that the threat was made and that it was intended to make Martin feel as though it would be carried out and that Martin feared this. Since the threat was made in Russia and Martin is in the UK, it would be extremely difficult to prove that this was the case for Martin.

In addition to this S47 assault could never be proven due to its defintion being, 'To cause the victim to apprehend immediate unlawful personal violence.' The problem here is immediacy. In this case there is none as in order for the person to carry out the threat to Martin, they would have to take a long plane journey, find him in the uk and then carry it out.

This shows that it would be extremely difficult to try and bring a criminal law case to the people carrying out the threats through skype and other emails. This is espeically the case in that the Crown Prosecution Service would have to contact Russian authorities to apply to get a Russian citizen extradited to the UK on an assault charge which is never going to happen.

UK law has comprehensive civil law that protect property holders and businesses that could be looked at. Unfortunately I can not elaborate on this such law as it is not an area I have dealt with. Again due to the international aspect it would be highly difficult to ever get both parties in front of a judge for a trial that could cost millions.

Unfortunatley legal departments in the international community take little care in the games industry when it comes to custom content. I have not yet seen an EULA (for addons or other DLCs), be used in order to bring a case to court. Usually lawyers will dismiss the prospect of a trial as it is such a fine point of law that is near impossible to win.

It would therefore be advisable to continue to use alternative methods as seen in this thread. Both through the publisher, the community and the website itself.

Excellent, I got some of the videos removed by Youtube :) Flagging seems to be better then sending an email. I will flag some more later on.

It has just been brought to my attention that another commpany, this time based in the UK is selling Taviana and also a version of DayZ which uses code from my friends work without asking him for permission.

The site:

http://www.vilayer.com/

Their announcement:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/110136-no-vehicles-on-our-taviana-server/

So we just changed our Vilayer server over to Taviana and me and my friends have literally been running around the map for like 4 hours and have not found any vehicles

We set the vehicle count to 400 by the way witch is what alot of other Taviana servers have it set at

Now I regret all the time I put in to this :sad:

I saw on the website also Panthera, Lingor, Namalsk, Fallujah. People have no regards and concerns about IP rights of other people.

I can understand how you feel. Don't let these things drag you down though. :239: