-martin-

My work is being illegally sold on World Zombie.ru

;2251939']burns you are way off with your assumption.

I don't think he is. I think this is the end for me - until BIS takes steps to allow addon makers to properly secure their addons I just don't think I will make any more. I don't want to waste my time like a fool, spending hours only to make someone else easy money.

But as I said I won’t let a few bad apples stop me and I will still be here to give people support etc...

EDIT: OR at least if I can see that this kind of situation can get sorted out even if we use the current system

;2251740']Dont stop early - continue to read the rest of the post.

And I speak from experience - very likely Ive submitted most fixes to any addon and mod.

And yes a lot of addons are unusable in MP at release state or lack the sign files.

If its true for Taviana' date=' I didn't judge as you can read above.[/quote']

I read your whole post.

You say that addon makers aren't receptive to feedback, and that the hacks are probably to fix the addons. You go on to say that Martin is open to feedback so therefore that probably isn't the case.

At best your first comment is pointless because this person seemingly never made an attempt to contact Martin about anything at all. What I'm interested in, though, is how you get that addon makers don't like to listen to people, and also how that leads to people hacking their addons.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

If someone with legit intentions would fix something on Taviana, he could supply his fix to Martin and Martin could build it into a new version of Taviana.

Someone with legit intentions would contact Martin first.

;2251939']burns you are way off with your assumption.

I´m not even going to argue your snazzy one-liners anymore....

How comes you think they make "easy money"? Again modifying your work without permission/against your license AND make it available in public is questionable at least. However taking money to finance the server, website, traffic etc is not. Or do you also want to shut down all teams that take server fees from members/players and host ACE or any other addon/mod?

Securing addons is a myth. It cannot be done (with reasonable effort), hence it is only a waste of time for BI.

USB dongles like VBS or high price software non mass market can go such path. Others not.

Please do yourself a favor and do some reading up on copy protection, the music industry etc to get some insights.

;2251955']How comes you think they make "easy money"? Again modifying your work without permission/against your license AND make it available in public is questionable at least. However taking money to finance the server' date=' website, traffic etc is not. Or do you also want to shut down all teams that take server fees from members/players and host ACE or any other addon/mod?[/quote']

A group of players coming together and financing their server isn´t the same as someone selling access to a server.

Even if modifying the work of others might still be some kind of work and in no way "easy", it goes way beyond being questionable.

This kind of users always was a shameful part of the OFP & ArmA community. Piggybacking, stealing, converting addons ... all of them are subject to an instant ban on any respectful community pages.

If you think otherwise, enlighten us more. For me it´s end of the storytelling right here.

If I were you I would contact Dwarden, he has handled these cases before.

Pay to play is not allowed as far as I know. Any serverowner wanting to do that should contact BI and ask for their permission to do that, not to mention the person who made the addons/mods which they use for pay to play.

;2251955']How comes you think they make "easy money"? Again modifying your work without permission/against your license AND make it available in public is questionable at least. However taking money to finance the server' date=' website, traffic etc is not. Or do you also want to shut down all teams that take server fees from members/players and host ACE or any other addon/mod?

Securing addons is a myth. It cannot be done (with reasonable effort), hence it is only a waste of time for BI.

USB dongles like VBS or high price software non mass market can go such path. Others not.

Please do yourself a favor and do some reading up on copy protection, the music industry etc to get some insights.[/quote']

Thank you for supporting me and other addon makers which let you download mods for free my friend!

Moving on because reading past “questionable at least†would be a waste of time...

I have now been banned on the social media group where he is selling server ID's.

I will post any progress I make with this here.

EDIT:

If I were you I would contact Dwarden, he has handled these cases before.

Pay to play is not allowed as far as I know. Any serverowner wanting to do that should contact BI and ask for their permission to do that, not to mention the person who made the addons/mods which they use for pay to play.

Ok, will do that tonight! Thank you for your help :cheers:

Perhaps we could stay on topic.

If the license states that the addon is not to be used with any revenue generating activities, then that's what the license says, full stop. Using this addon in that context is then against the license. All this talk about 'shutting down teams' is a red herring. There is plenty of choice for MP teams. I also really question the premise that the existence of MP teams is solely dependent on mod makers to make up their server revenue, but I find that flattering. It's not often I get to say 'you exist only because of me' :p But if MP teams can't exist without breaking the licenses of mod makers, then there is something deeply sick about the MP community. I question that premise as well.

Let's focus on this instance, and see if we can't find a way to support Martin.

@Martin: Seems like most of their videos got blocked on Youtube. Thats a first success :)

Edit: Youtube does not accept complaints of third parties. As i am not the IP owner i unfortunately cant help you. :(

@Martin: Seems like most of their videos got blocked on Youtube. Thats a first success :)

Edit: Youtube does not accept complaints of third parties. As i am not the IP owner i unfortunately cant help you. :(

Thank you derdoe! :cheers:

Could you PM me what you wrote to them please so I can get an idea of what I should write and I will do it myself then. It doesn't matter if it is in German, I will get the rough point and Google translate will help me with the complicated words. ;)

Thank you derdoe! :cheers:

Could you PM me what you wrote to them please so I can get an idea of what I should write and I will do it myself then. It doesn't matter if it is in German, I will get the rough point and Google translate will help me with the complicated words. ;)

Done, would have never written that message without your approval :)

And secondly i found a way to contact Youtube, its just not over the Youtube website but via Email. I will wait for their response and forward it to you. :)

Edited by derdoe

i 100% support your actions, if the addons that the russian server want money for have some BIS material in there, then BIS also can demand/lawsuit these guys, wich means that if this success they can even go to jail for few years.

Good luck with this Martin, Taviana is second to none in the Arma community to me :(

I have e-mail Dwarden and Placebo regarding this matter. I have also been in touch with the leader of worldzombie who still refuses to take the addon off, tells me that possibly next month they will have their own map ready etc... But he has agreed to post here on the BIS forums regarding his paid server and mod.

Sadly but it is Russia.. its hard to do anything if you are not Russian...

The simpliest way is to contact his web-site hosting administrator / game server hosting provider.

... who still refuses to take the addon off, tells me that possibly next month they will have their own map ready etc...

"Too busy making money, don't want to stop because of some silly IP issue"

As such he's indirectly confirmed your addon is essential for their revenue making. Seems a validate start to take some of his illegal revenue. Lets say, 50% ?

... good luck Martin.

hi,

You have my support Martin. I hope things get sorted out. You should contact DayZ dev team and post on the DayZ forum to show that it is not ok to modify and sell someone's work without permission.

I hope people will respect addon makers's work or it is the beginning of the end for the ofp/ArmA community as we know and love it :(.

cya.

Nikiller.

Thank you guys,

I have contacted placebo and Dwarden, will also contact Youtube in the UK, this hosting and vKontakte social media site today.

The latest development:

I have been contacted again by fly_byte and hove now been blocked from his Skype again. I will make this threats public so the world can see what kind of people run that server – I will have to replace a lot of words with asterisk symbols (*) as they are vulgar, and obviously have no place on our forums:

(Translated by me)

You have been appreciated by a few thousand people. You are lucky that you do not live in Russia, if you did we would break your mouth in the course of our conversation, and that’s it when someone intervenes with our way of life. You are nobody and there is no other way to call you, to show us how to live. And the same for your **** arma. It is a shame that my country prevents me from this, because I would need to visit you… and have a talk…

You can shove the allegedly “your†map in your ***.

Piece of ****.

I deem vulgar comments like these threatening and insulting and most of all stupid even if written over the internet. Please do not see this as some kind of regular behavior in Eastern Europe or Russia, but there are people like this in every country.

Original messages:

Ñ‚ÐµÐ±Ñ Ð¾Ñ†ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ð»Ð¾ пару Ñ‚Ñ‹ÑÑч члеовек.. твое ÑчаÑтье что живешь не в роÑии а то бьы морду разбили за твои Ñлова в отношении нашего ÑообщеÑтва, и вÑе как один поÑылают вÑех кто вмешиваетÑÑ Ð² нашу жизнгь.. а Ñ‚Ñ‹ никто и звать Ñ‚ÐµÐ±Ñ Ð½Ð¸ÐºÐ°Ðº.. чтобы указывать как нам жить. .атк и поÑнил твоему пиздабольÑтву арме... жалко что Ð¼Ð¾Ñ Ñ‚Ñрана не защищает Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð¾Ñ‚ подобных, а то бы потребовал приезда... и пообщалÑÑ Ð±Ñ‹...

в жопу Ñебе заÑунь Ñовю Ñкобы карту..

идиота куÑок

EDIT: Will conact DayZ too

Well, as the theft and abuse of your and others' work is still continueing, i think its time to step your game up a little bit aswell. I dont know if you will have any success but maybe contacting vKontakte and asking them to shut down the community page of worldzombie.ru might pay off. The more we are putting pressure on them and making it impossible for them to advertise for their - lets call it - "idea", the more likely they will be forced to talk to you again. Unfortunately my efforts of contacting YouTube have not returned a result yet, will maybe take a few days more to receive a feedback from them.

If this individual or the individuals associated with Worldzombie.ru had any intention to improve their behaviour and/or to enter a conversation with you in a constructive matter, they would have done so by now.

I read you can also "flag" videos on youtube. Just flag all his monetized videos and as reason give he is violation your IP rights. You need to be registered on youtube to be able to flag videos.

No idea if the youtube staff does anything with it (working with anything google related is very hard) but at least it is worth a try. Youtube says any flagged videos are investigated. This together with any direct email contact about him monetizing your work might have good results for you and leave this idiot without certain channels.

Hi Martin

I'm really sorry about what happened and can fully understand your anger.

I hope that you can get this sorted out quickly.

good luck

YouTube has replied, sent the message to Martin. Its his decision if he wants the reply to be public.