Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

[Request] Beginners Dialog / UI guide

Can someone please make a beginners dialog guide. Sort of like what Mr.Murray did with his editing guide, except explicitly explaining the basics of dialogs. I mean clearly, step by step explaining how to create a simple dialog box. Simple things like a mini map for example, or an direction indicator, health bar etc. Currently, there is only the wiki. Which, for a beginner, is pretty vague and over the top. There are some dialog tools out there too, but those seem even more complicated to use than hard coding a simple dialog box.

My searches for such dialog guide(s) or any dialog guide has yielded no results thus far. If such a guide exists please point me in the right direction.

I am also looking for something along these lines. I'm in the process of making an addon and currently a lot of the function I would like to implement would best be designed with its own custom user interface.

This one gets you started:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors-depot/index.php?action=details&id=586&game=ArmA

Tutorial down due to maintenance ATM but should be back soon.

A little late here. Anyhow, no tutorial is displayed.

I just now started to mess around with it. Seems pretty awesome. I just have to figure out, how the hell to actually get what I create into the game. The whole classes thing confuses me. It's like the same thing is defined 5 times or something & I can't tell what's what!!. :o: