Sign in to follow this  
Gnrl_Grad

1.03.0006 feedback

Just played my first strategy game on 1.03.0006 and I find the enemy carrier is still too easy to beat. He is interesting in how he behaves but once you get behind him and take out his engines he is pretty much screwed. Here's a quick run down of my game, it only lasted about 30min or so...

I started with only a main cannon and no deck guns, not sure if that's new or because I tweaked the difficulty.

I took 2 neutral islands and met enemy carrier on the third neutral island (it looks like he was heading past and straight for my stockpile island)

So I give chase and manage to get a long range shell hit on him from behind and he turns around to my surprise, I don't know if he was coming back to attack me or he might have changed course back to another island but either way it was pretty cool.

So some damage is exchanged as he passes me and then he turns back and heads straight for my stockpile island again.

So I chase him from a distance with minor damage to my engines and I finally find him anchored at my stockpile island with his mantas out attacking island defences.

I close in on him and start pounding his engines with the main cannon, he sits for a short while and then tries to run but he doesn't get far. Once his engines are down he's now screwed, I can let my main cannon continue to pound him on auto without any interference and he is soon destroyed.

It's a quick game and I managed to take very little damage and I beat him by pretty much just using the main cannon alone. In this particular game he didn't use any units to attack me, maybe they were destroyed on an island. But my main find is that the enemy carrier even though it has been improved still seems too easy to destroy.

My thoughts would be to give the enemy carriers engines a little more resistance from the carrier deck guns. Maybe carrier deck guns should only be able to do a maximum of 90% damage to engines and you need to use a torpedo to do more/full damage. For example right now I see no point in using torpedoes.