Sign in to follow this  
WolfeUK

Control System on the 360 version

Hi, im loving this game, one of the best strategy games ive played thus far (and ive played hundreds) well, apart from 1 mayor thing,

its the control system, its horrendous, both A.I and human input, ive never come across a game on the 360 that is as bad as this, walking forward and it starts to strafe left or right, go forward abit and it lunges forward and smashes into doors, its nearly unplayable, 5 attempts to walk through a door ?, and the A.I control system, is actually laughable watching them trying to get from A>B, ive lost soo many units from there horrendous path seeking,

its a real shame, if this had the controls and A.I from say BF or CoD this would be at the top for strategy games (in my list) for me and would recommend it to all my buddies who love these games...

ive watched a few pc players on youtube and they mentioned this was being sorted, so my question is, is it being sorted and if so will we get the update on the 360 too ?

many thanks

I don't know about the 360 version, but on the PC version they implemented some stupid mouse acceleration which pretty much destroys the FPS segments of the game, so maybe it is the same thing you are experiencing. As for the pathfinding, yes it is a major issue and the PC version has had a couple of patches which supposedly improve it, so they are working on it. The problem with patches for the 360 platform is that Micro$oft charges them thousands of dollars to release every patch, so I suspect they want to get it perfected, or at least much better than it is now before releasing a single patch.

i know about the 40k price tage for updates or DLC that MS charge, so yea understand they want to make sure it works, im just amazed they even let this game be released with such poor A.I and control systems, the mouse acceleration does sound like what im experiencing, dont know what its like on the pc but the 360 is nearly unplayable, seems they forgot to add a dead zone on the sticks too, let go of the controller and all units continue to move (no its not my controller) or strafe left when pushing forward, tbh if i cant control the units its no wonder the A.I struggle lol

any news on the update for the 360 ?? being a few months now and theres not even any official mention of whether there even gonna fix it or not ??

id like to know cause if it wont get fixed i will be trading it in...

any news on the update for the 360, wondering whether to try it again or not

thanks

Not sure, I know they have been releasing patches as an when they fix things on the PC version, but its not perfect, yet. Don't get me wrong patch v1.3.0014 has made some major improvements, the game is now fully playable with only a few hiccups here and there, but I suspect they will patch the 360 when everything is polished.

Not sure, I know they have been releasing patches as an when they fix things on the PC version, but its not perfect, yet. Don't get me wrong patch v1.3.0014 has made some major improvements, the game is now fully playable with only a few hiccups here and there, but I suspect they will patch the 360 when everything is polished.

I do hope they patch the xbox 360, at least the achievements.. I can't in good will recommend a game to anyone that has broken achievements. It can be a fun game when given a chance.

i hopes its soon, this long for any patch is too long in consoles games, specially when they normally only have a 6 month shelf life

is there any news on the patch for the 360 version ??

im dying to fully play this game, but cant till these bugs are patched