Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

neeeeeeeeeed arma3 finished with wasteland :o

Edited by naphi

Hey Sa-Matra!

Great job with the mission file, I love it, and have been playing it for a long time.

I recently ran into a guy who told me about 'commander view', which you can enter if you are group leader. You press your del button at your numpad, and it lets you hover way above your character and you can peek around every corner and building with it. My question is simply, is that function supposed to be there, or is it something noone has noticed?

Also, any idea why servers #5, #6 and #7 are down?

Thank you for doing a great job!

Regards

go for #14 .. its also based in europe !!! we have to "populate" it !!!

Hi SuMatra, I've been playing your Wasteland version for some time now on usa servers. really enjoy it alot. Don't know if you are familiar about Headless Client being used in large battles with AI and up to 90 players if i recall correctly. Was wondering if you have considered using it with your build of Wasteland? I read on Tonic's page about doing some testing with it or considering using it for his version. Just a suggestion if possible or not too much trouble if you could implement it to your build. Helps with client and server performance when dealing with the AI and their complex coding and scripting. Also makes them very responsive to enemy players in a more realistic manner. It also helps the players performance increase because the AI are server controlled. On another suggestion the servers scanning for objects every 10 seconds or so that effects some players would be interesting if Headless Client could be used with the R3F objects addon. probably have to get with the R3F team about that one. Thanks for the time and work on this mod it's been a woot the past few months i have been playing it

Thanks for feedback, headless client is planned. R3F checks for objects on client side, there is no way to offload it on server or HC, I have few ideas how to solve this though.

Thanks for reply Sumatra, looking forward to when Headless Client is implemented. hopefully you get it figured out on R3F. Hopefully next patch will address many multiplayer issues this time around.More and more people are starting to go for mods like yours it was even mentioned by BI developers on A3 beta interviews. I got no knowledge of scripting or coding if i did i would certainly give ya a hand.

Hello SaMatra can you remove me and couple of my friends bans from arma 2 wasteland servers?

Hello SaMatra can you remove me and couple of my friends bans from arma 2 wasteland servers?

"I s-swear we weren't hacking."

Great Server Sa-Matra, will provide you with a screenshot of today's gameplay in a few!

Thanks Sa-Matra for great servers! Having lots of fun, will provide you guys with a screenshot of me and my friends success tonight!

Please PM me with your exact in-game nicknames and UIDs

go for #14 .. its also based in europe !!! we have to "populate" it !!!

So are #5 & #6 gone for good? EvilPutz gone poof? :(

Why is Samatras Server named differently ... Midnight gaming server is not on the list, nor it's named proper!?!?!?

First report:

Problem with wasteland script features:

After a while of playing on #4 hardcore serwer (esp. 21.06.2013 0000-0300) i have repeatedly encountered the same type of error.

After a long list of operations with crates, gunstore, towing etc, with short wait time inbetween them (or no wait and next action start immediately during/after previous one) i get error that looks like the wasteland scripting crashed on me (i have played with a friend and i was the only to have such errors).

1. The player menu functions lacks the inventory content (kits, food etc)

2. drop money doesn't work

3. view vechicle content is laggy as a hell; screen with content appears after 30 sec or more with.. empty list and no "unload" and "cancel" names on buttons

4. unable to tow/untow vechicles (no menu option)

5. unable to pickup kits, jerry cans, foot, water (no menu option)

6. cannot load/take object on anything; the menu options for it down's appear when aiming at desired object.

The only solution is to suicide (i respawin in debug field/forest/island and doe not have init to move me anywhere), disconnect and re-enter the game. Unfortunately the "feature" keep repeating (4-5 time last night). I might add that oridinary Arma option works fine, so it's something with wasteland scripts.

Second report:

Sometimes the crate does not load unload properly from car. You have accessible crate on ground and an entry in vehicle content list stating " (0)". Attempt on unloading such object results in text: "The objectu you're trying to unload is already unloaded". Reloading the crate doen't delete this wiert list entry.

Inquiry/idea:

Can the less populated servers have higher uptimes (ie. ru #4 hardcore server). 12h uptime doesn't encourage base building. As i understand such a short uptime is caused by memory requirements. Could the uptime be lenghtened by supplying bigger server?

What server would be required fo 24, 48h uptimes (this could be the temp workaround for having no base save)?

Could the object be spawned ad-hoc only within the players view distance (so that the whole map is not filled with objects that noone will see during uptime)?

Could the objects that have not been passed by be deleted after 2h?

Could the objects within the radar radius be EXCEPTED from deletion (all elements but corpses and wrecks); so the base can stay and wait for people to come back and play?

Inquiry:

Is there really such need for so many vechicles in game; in every settlement i find 2-3 vechicles with weapons. It kills the need for teamwork and care for mobile assets. Aditionally, quite readily i have acces to weapons sufficient for distance combat. It depletes the tactical aspects of the game. In short, to many assets, too cheap high-end assets, can this be repalanced?

Idea:

IMO the security on military areas is not tigh enough (although the bots with hmmve tend to behave more tactical than numb oridinary bots). Could it be upgraded?

Idea:

The bots on mission are dumb as hell. Although they're just a distraction for players competing for resources, they should at least behave in tactical-like manner. If bot is engaged from distance greater than 400-500m. It simple drops to the ground and does nothing. After a while is raises and resumes circular patrol pattern around the objective. This has nothing to do with tactics. No smoke, no rush, no gaining ground to assault the presumed position, no grenate/mortar barage on presumed position, not even going prone and crawling for concelment or cover. The bots simply forget.. _after 1 minute_ that they have been shot at. Is there a way to correct it? This is quite anoying... it's like slaughtering sheep; hardly a tac-sim.

Idea:

The TWS infantry weapons are quite powerfull, however the're part of current combat as well. The TWS-armed shooter can be countered with another TWS. There are ways to mask heat signature (how_6143475_block-thermal-imaging-ghillie-suit.html). Additionally the military has already a ghillie-like suit that masks the heat signature. So it could be implemented?

That's my 3 cents for a neet wasteland mission by Sa-Matra. Please do more, we really like it.

General community question:

Why you people don;t play hardcore servers? 3rd person perspective and off weapon crosshairs are cheap and not sim-like at all! Do you really enjoj arma2 as arcade similar to cod or other kid-shooters?

I have also been for what I know no reason! Any solution to this matter?

Bug report:

There's a problem with script that agresively cleans equipment and cars from the map. 22.11.2013, server #4 (Hardcore); I have obtained the npc base, expanded it, set up a radar and stored 10 trucks (yeah, truck trains) and 5 ligh vehicles. All vehicles were fully repaired and accessed recently within 30 minutes. Some of the vehicles had items in gear inventory. No vehicle was in collision with anything, all have bee fuelled, although half of them had light on.

The vehicles started going up in flames (no enemy attack, no npc atack, no bomb, i have not shoot them neither). First i have lost 2 pickups, then 2 trucks then another pickup.

Obviously the have been cleaned by the script; by why, i know not.

1. vehicles were spawned damaged and for the script they wear off?

2. too many vechicles in the area?

3. to close to npc base (but base itself was not despawned afterwards)

No idea who to work around it; yet it bit anoying to have your equipment and assets turin in to smoke signal fuel.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Bug-FIX/SOLUTION:

I have previously reported crash in wasteland scripts (no player menu items, no tow/untow options etc.). Such is the effect of premature standing up before an action, that ends up in crouched position, finishes. The solution is to go crouched for a sec of ro, to let the system finish all it's moves (unholstering weapon, etc.). As soon as it's finished you have access to all wasteland functions (and yes, you may stand up then) :)

hi Silvan78, are using beta patch? if so which one? been using current 106400 and noticed alot of errors in rpt after playing just wasteland. have reason too think some if not all the menu function errors are related to usage of the newest patch. bad net connection causes some of those issues aswell. just because someone pays for high speed doesn't mean they always get those speeds and it does effect game play quite a bit. The headless client that sumatra is trying to implement to his wasteland mod should fix alot of the dumb ai behavior for now ai are client side and that causes alot of the ai issues you have stated. i have played on some servers that are using headless client and ai are very different and from what i seen team work is a must when engaging them alone, you wont stand a chance. gonna try previous beta patch too see if those issues arise again didn't have any with build 103718. hope this helps ya..

Hey SaMatra, me haws1290 and my friend Lush Puppy have both been banned from your server for no reason. You might think "Ah, you get want to hack more" but I promise that we did not hack. I think that we got banned because we were near a boat which was called a speedboat minigun on the map so I went to investigate as you would and it was a boat with guns on it. It had a Geo Cache next to it. So as you do you start too loot. I tried to get in the boat but It was too high so I get onto the rock's and try to jump onto it but I died. Just after I die my mate Lush puppy arrives. He start's to gear up from the new discovery. I then come back to my death place and start to loot back my stuff. Then after he is loot still when I get back and I accidentally throw a grenade I tell him to run but his leg's are hurt so he cant then he dies. So we said that we would meet back there but then we get disconnected and banned. Could you please unban us as we have done nothing wrong.

I love what sa-matra has done to the mod. Unfortunately I've been banned for no reason, I was top 2% of his dedicated players and one of his admins banned me for no reason. We were building bases, heck soldiercfm was even livestreaming, we were having a grand old time and then the next day I was banned for no good reason :(

I've tried e-mailing sa-matra, leaving a msg on his steam page, but no reply. I have witnesses, 1st and 4th top players in your CA server (tesla and zach) are my good friends and they can verify I wasn't doing anything to break the rules.

I think I'll send him a PM since this whole thing is just too silly, I think the worst part is I don't even know what I did wrong :'(

I love what sa-matra has done to the mod. Unfortunately I've been banned for no reason, I was top 2% of his dedicated players and one of his admins banned me for no reason. We were building bases, heck soldiercfm was even livestreaming, we were having a grand old time and then the next day I was banned for no good reason :(

I've tried e-mailing sa-matra, leaving a msg on his steam page, but no reply. I have witnesses, 1st and 4th top players in your CA server (tesla and zach) are my good friends and they can verify I wasn't doing anything to break the rules.

I think I'll send him a PM since this whole thing is just too silly, I think the worst part is I don't even know what I did wrong :'(

I can vouch for SIoth as a legit team player. I play with him on the regular and he does not hack or do anything that would have cause for a ban. Please unban him.

How do I even join your servers? Almost all the servers are red and I can't join. When I try to it tells me I'm missing a ton of .pbo files. I tried googling for a download but could not find any.

How do I even join your servers? Almost all the servers are red and I can't join. When I try to it tells me I'm missing a ton of .pbo files. I tried googling for a download but could not find any.

I suggest you verify with Steam.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

If anyone's request is still outstanding feel free to PM me. I don't mind checking your ban details. However note, if you're banned for something legitimate you will be provided with a generic response and the ban will not be removed.

Thanks.

Posting about a ban recently on the server. I play in #8 pretty much every night with a squad of about 5 guys. We play every day. Today when I tried to log in I get an admin ban message. None of my other guys are banned only me. Curious as to why? Don't think I broke any rules and I certainly don't cheat. Would at least like to know what rule I broke. The only thing I can think of is two nights ago I sniped a guy out of a truck and he was convinced I was hacking... Oh the last few days I have been name Bilbro Baggins if that helps. Thanks!

I love the Mission, its the only wasteland I play. I'm sending you a PM, I have a new server I just rented out and I'd love to host a WS.ARMA.SU server!