Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Hi. Thanks for playtesting. Mission is still in stage of testing, apparently cleanup broke and lots of bodies\vehicles didn't delete as they should. Manually fixed it for now, going to update and fix it in future.

Play tested the other night. The mission is simply stunning. I run the Midnight Crew Fussion server and would love to host this in the future when it becomes available. Cheers.

Play tested the other night. The mission is simply stunning. I run the Midnight Crew Fussion server and would love to host this in the future when it becomes available. Cheers.

Thanks, we will keep you in mind when we will offer our mission for hosting.

----

ArmA 3 Wasteland thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154610-MP-Team-Sa-Matra-s-Wasteland

We are underground testing right now, please join in and help us with playtesting

b_560_95_1.png

hi, im having issues when i play in your server. When i respawn i do it out the map and i can't see the respawn select, when die i dont respawn and only see black screen, i can't see the name of my teammates and the square of the faction.

sorry if the grammar is bad.

Make sure you don't run any addons

The problems continue. I have dayz installed, maybe is the problem?

The problems continue. I have dayz installed, maybe is the problem?

sorry, repost

Edited by Xiro

Unlikely, try it with and without beta patch

Using beta and not using beta is giving the player more and more different gaming exprerience, forexcample

- NLAW (No beta instant lockon, Beta 5 sec lockon)

- BTR-90 (Beta gives your gunner green TWS, no beta no TWS)

- METIS (Different color TWS after first cycle and lock on targets when no beta)

- TOW Humwee (Different color TWS)

- Crows humwees (different color TWS)

- SPG9 rocket launcher Cars (Reload time differes)

- M2A3 Bradley IFV (Different color TWS)

- RHIB2 boats (With Beta you can see the ammo in the inventory, without beta you can't)

Lately Parashutes have stayed even when they are left allone (character keeps going)

Not sure if it's an issue with Arma and if you can't do anything about it but In littlebirds when a person eject's it usually results on terrible destruction. The parashute opens too early and the littlebird blows up. You can avoid it if you are very still in air (autohover) But it's anoying when ppl spawn on your heli and you allways have to tell them that "hey don't jump, (eject)" usually typing...

Moving vehicles "towing" with helicopters is very dangerous these days due to Sync issues.. Now I think i recall that it used to be that falling cars didn't have any physics? Or is it just my imagination? (with fast extract, extracting a car that your pal was driving. to do it safely the heli guy has to land go to the driver seat drive it littlebit and then take off heli and crap the car, for it to NOT go horrble wrong after you untow them.)

Car towing ... well yeah same issue but it just apears in last location of where ever. =D

So my suggession for this "Mandatory beta" and disable eject button on littlebirds

Ouh and the fucking plane! That is beeing used as a attack thing like just crash it to a enemy base. And go get it again, or even have your budy at any airfield as it's bound to spawn where there are ppl and its not that random spawn anyways. Now 2 things i would say here, testing the plane with gun on chernarus, so it woudn't be something that you can get rid of so easilly maybe. Or make a timer for the spawn. Or just random spawn it to where ever, not in the airfields.

Is it possible to make skalisty island a mission site not just possible AI base spawn. And moving the "script start spawn" to somewhere else? Like North west corner of the map (the mountain) if it can't be in debug.. If it could be in debug that would make it even better.. Currently "fresh spawns" who's computers lag and server lags, means that they can freely move around the skalisty island.

Jone.

The beta patch was the problem, i have to install it, thanks for the help.

I was unable to find the test server today, Sunday 12. May, 14:50 central european time (and earlier when I checked).

I was unable to find the test server today, Sunday 12. May, 14:50 central european time (and earlier when I checked).

Hi. Server freezed, can't restart it myself, waiting for admin to do it. (Should happen in few hours from now)

Would love to see the Arma 3 test server running under the DEV build.

Edited by J1mB091

Where can I find a change log of the last version?

I know we got a yellow tint toggle, ability to buy a UAZ and I saw an AI Jet flying. I wonder if we win something for destroying it.

The new UAZ is a bugger to get to take off, you need to pretty much have a runway or very long straight to do so. Had many encounters with the AI jet today, ended with him ramming me in my helicopter, didn't get anything from him. Thank you for the yellow tint toggle, very nice.

Another request for change log posting please!

Hello Sa-matra,

I don't know if you've already answered that or not but me and a few friends of my clan have fell in love with JRSR Sound mod which makes the game even more realistic but the problem is Sa-matra servers don't support this mod.

Do you plan on including JSRS on your servers or not ?

It'd be really really awesome if you did that because we currently moved to another JSRS compatible server but we really miss Sa-matra and those friends we made while playing on your servers.

PS: We can play with JSRS without the "Community Base Addon" but you can't hear distant sounds so it makes it almost impossible to play.

Hello Sa-matra,

I don't know if you've already answered that or not but me and a few friends of my clan have fell in love with JRSR Sound mod which makes the game even more realistic but the problem is Sa-matra servers don't support this mod.

It'd be really really awesome if you did that because we currently moved to another JSRS compatible server but we really miss Sa-matra and those friends we made while playing on your servers.

PS: We can play with JSRS without the "Community Base Addon" but you can't hear distant sounds so it makes it almost impossible to play.

Both JSRS and ACE SM are supported on the Sa-Matra wasteland servers, and have been for some time.

EDIT:

Sa-Matra, I was wondering if you did any bugfixes in this new version of Wasteland? Please let us know if so :)

Edited by Whispy

Where can I find a change log of the last version?

I know we got a yellow tint toggle, ability to buy a UAZ and I saw an AI Jet flying. I wonder if we win something for destroying it.

The new UAZ is a bugger to get to take off, you need to pretty much have a runway or very long straight to do so. Had many encounters with the AI jet today, ended with him ramming me in my helicopter, didn't get anything from him. Thank you for the yellow tint toggle, very nice.

UAV is fairly easy to fly, just don't steer nose up before you get enough speed. You might try flying it in editor.

You don't get any reward to taking down Su-25 (how would you define a who did a takedown anyway?). Su-25 is fairly easy to take down with enough MG (M2, DShKM, KORD) fire, it takes 20 minutes longer for Su-25 to respawn each time you take it down (20 minutes first respawn, 40 minutes next, then 60 minutes, etc.)

Hello Sa-matra,

JSRS and CBA should be allowed on servers thought I wouldn't recommend to use it since it aids towards script lag (longer time for menus to open, icons lag, etc.)

So here is full list of changes (it was small update):

1) AI Su-25 on all maps

2) More "snowmans" (green prize cubes) on map (was 1, now 5)

3) Fixed fuel can refuel on Takistan

4) Locality change when lifting vehicle with helicopter (should no longer blow you up\teleport vehicle when you drop it off heli)

5) Pchela in gun store (fires MG and anti-tank rockets which can lock on target but steer only a little making it difficult to hit moving targets)

forumsignsml.png

Play Wasteland withSIX launcher;

a mini bootstrapper to install pre-requisites, Play withSIX (launcher, updater and serverbrowser), and launch it specialized to Wasteland.

https://mega.co.nz/#!bsAG0ZJB!WiDL7ioBl137AS9BZPW9RSRy_K57PKoa6QDikkYvYPA

(410 KB)

Still early days, expect improvements coming time.

Edited by Sickboy

How to find one of these "Snowmans"? and are these available on every Server?

new update:

AI Jet is crazy... was waiting for a friend in a forest and ouT of nowhere my SUV was getting killed, with me inside, by this jet :j:

Yellow Filter - the possibility to disable it is just awesome!

UAV - I spend much love and time to collect 5000$ to buy this and i tried to start with it on the Road at the Coast.. i start at solnichny and headed south but the problem was that the speed probably was at max and i cant take off. When i tried to take off, the nose lifts but then it collapsed and explodes with me in it... i asked other players and one confirms that it seems "bugged" they bought one and tried to load it into a V3s and immediatly the UAV and the V3s just explode :butbut:

new update:

AI Jet is crazy... was waiting for a friend in a forest and ouT of nowhere my SUV was getting killed, with me inside, by this jet :j:

UAV - I spend much love and time to collect 5000$ to buy this and i tried to start with it on the Road at the Coast.. i start at solnichny and headed south but the problem was that the speed probably was at max and i cant take off. When i tried to take off, the nose lifts but then it collapsed and explodes with me in it... i asked other players and one confirms that it seems "bugged" they bought one and tried to load it into a V3s and immediatly the UAV and the V3s just explode :butbut:

I can confirm this explosion effect, when loading in a car "cary it, then push load in while carrying the plane"

Sometimes when you drop the Grill heli =) down in ground... It explodes too.

Carrying those items is dangerous. Maybe disable load in while carying. And just drop use when carying.. and you have to use load in separatelly.

Hey guys,

Is it normal to get -1 when you kill an npc ? Can you update this SaMatra please?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/985/forumsignsml.png

Play Wasteland withSIX launcher;

a mini bootstrapper to install pre-requisites, Play withSIX (launcher, updater and serverbrowser), and launch it specialized to Wasteland.

https://mega.co.nz/#!bsAG0ZJB!WiDL7ioBl137AS9BZPW9RSRy_K57PKoa6QDikkY vYPA

(410 KB)

Still early days, expect improvements coming time.

Thank you, though the only thing required to play Wasteland is server filter setting :)

new update:

Always keep in mind that there is plane in the sky. Main purpose of it is to counter players that got armored vehicles and aircraft.

UAV is not bugged, it just behaves differently from other planes, you need to get used to its controls.

I can confirm this explosion effect, when loading in a car "cary it, then push load in while carrying the plane"

Sometimes when you drop the Grill heli =) down in ground... It explodes too.

Carrying those items is dangerous. Maybe disable load in while carying. And just drop use when carying.. and you have to use load in separatelly.

Will consider about disabling loading in while holding such objects, thanks for idea.

Hey guys,

Is it normal to get -1 when you kill an npc ? Can you update this SaMatra please?

Unfortunately it is a game engine limitation, nothing can be done about it.

----

Here is a small vid demonstrating Pchela-1T flying and fighting capabilities

Thanks for the quick answer and the video! I tried to fly the UAV again today and i was able to take off but i failed to be careful enough to turn around in the air .. seems theres a lot of more practice neccessary!

But i got still one question! I play wasteland for about a half year now on your servers but i was not able to find one of these "Snowman"

Thanks