Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Download link in the first post. Not. But do read through it, your question is answered there :)

That is the original version, not the sa-matra's version.

That is the original version, not the sa-matra's version.

There is no download link, which is also why he said "not"...

First of all,

Thank you SaMatra, Tonic, Marker for making Wasteland so awesome.

I never play on any other servers as only Arma2.RU. The real Wasteland servers.

404Wasteland I don't like, people cannot make groups in Blufor and Opfor, so this makes Indies overpopulated mostly.

A few questions regarding the future of Wasteland for Arma2.

1a.) Will we ever see a feature that the Bi Plane can drop bombs? It don't have to be bombs that explode, you can also let it drop smoke bombs to cover your team to bail out a hot zone or something

1b.) To make the Bi Plane little bit more useful, the Bi plane spawns with standard weapons inside. Like M4A1's, M16's, AK74's, and a bunch of clips for them. So when the Bi Plane is at 300 altitude and people spawn in the plane, they can grab a standard rifle and jump out with a standard weapon. This will make the Bi Plane more important on Wasteland. Not just a scout plane. People hardly wanna spawn in the Bi Plane because you only get the G17. Bi Plane function now in Wasteland has 2 purposes: Scout, Suicidal dive into enemy base. I personally think these features will have a nice impact on how important the Bi Plane can be in game. You don't have to go for option 1a and 1b. Just 1 of the 2 will change the value of the Bi Plane a lot already.

2.) A function that when you press a certain button or in the action menu, for when you are wounded and need medical assistance you press it and you will be highlighted on the map (and your name marker above your head will blink or change color)

3.) M1A2 tanks?

But the main question, is Wasteland still being expanded and more will be developed or not?

Edited by TrIpMo

servers allows: a2ru_blastcore_tracers a2ru_blastcore_visuals but i cant finde them on you page arma2.ru, and the one from armaholic give me a wrong wignature...how to get these addons?

Been playing for a while now, and enjoying the game for the most part.

The group that i play in has noticed an increase in occasions where we would kill an individual or group that were well geared, but immediately find their body disappearing. After a lot of frustration killing people with awesome guns and finding their body gone, i realised the players are jumping to lobby immediately after being killed, so that their body disappears along with their gear.

Besides being unsportsmanlike, is this a punishable offence? unfortunately i dont have any evidence of specific occasions when this has happened, but a good example was this evening, a guy killed me, looted my M110NV and was then killed by a teammate, he jumped to lobby and his gear vanished.

Cheers

Today i found a glitch and was auto-banned by the script for "teleporting". The glitch moves you at very high speeds while staying on the ground and sometimes flying high into the air. To recreate the glitch here are the steps.

1. Get a some sort of base material the can be picked up and has a ladder on it.

2. Get on the ladder and right before he gets on, pick up the object and you scale the ground at approximately 300 mph/km whatever it is in game.

Hopefully i will get unbanned soon!:)

Today i found a glitch and was auto-banned by the script for "teleporting". The glitch moves you at very high speeds while staying on the ground and sometimes flying high into the air. To recreate the glitch here are the steps.

1. Get a some sort of base material the can be picked up and has a ladder on it.

2. Get on the ladder and right before he gets on, pick up the object and you scale the ground at approximately 300 mph/km whatever it is in game.

Hopefully i will get unbanned soon!:)

This is an old bug... We used to play with it.. (Read fool around with it) ;)

i got punished for team killing and i would like to be un banned

and heres why

me and blight start to build a base spend an hour getting all we need got 2 ural trains full of stuff

i get in my tower once blight has finished it and go on over watch get a radar and more start to join us hl.destroyerx join us and a few other bout 20 of us in the end all getting guns doing missions food water really good to get it happening couple of the sov on overwatch same as me in my tower repel a few attack lots of fun and teamwork by all

then evenkarke and his friend frode join and evenkarke take the medic apc and starts driving it into everything and all of us tell him to stop after about 5 mins and numerous calls for an admin on server and in teamspeak no one shows but he swap to another team but frode stays

frode then helps evenkarke telling him when the base is vunerable and evenkarke glitchs through our base walls several times once again several calls for an admin on serevr and team speak and still noone shows this goes on for about an hour so we get wise and make it impossible for them to so it anymore good team work stops evenkarke ruining our game by cheating but then frode starts attacking and then get loads of grens and throwing them at our trucks and humvees so i shoot him to stop he ruining our base my first teamkill

10 mins go by and evenkarke tries to glitch though our walls again but he is stopped once again great teamwork mainly thanks to sov guys saved my skin on that attack but then frode pulls up in a pickup truck but stays away from base someone fires a warning shot at him and warn him to stay away then we get attacked and we get distracted the others deal with the attack but i keep watch on frode he then starts coming at our base i warn him he keeps coming so i drop him i go check his body nothing but grens on him glad i stop him all this while we are being attacked by others then i notice ts_jon running away with our radar i warn him then shoot him to stop him ruining our base

so does that mean i stopping 2 of my own team mates from griefing our team which is helping our team or am i a teamkiller

all of this happened on wasteland sandbox #6 if you dont beieve me

30/03/2013

blight

ipazza

hl.destroyer

the 2 sov squad members

cwrazy-wabbit

Deralbimc

and about 10 others all saw it and took part i warning and repeling the attacks wish i could remember all of your names

so i would like to be unbanned and you need to get more admins cause we spent 3 hours trying to get one and this was the end result

Edited by Sgt_Simple

Video or it didn't happen =D hahahah, Now that was a spike to the admins ->

Yeah you should have done, was to tell admins that, hey this guy stole my ural train..

edit, my grammar bad :(

Edited by JoneKone

Wanting to host a dedicated server for ARMA II and III "when released"

CPU (Processor): Intel i5 2400 (3.1+ GHz)

RAM (Memory): 16,384Mb DDR3

HDD (Hard Disk): 2 x 2TB (4TB) Sata 3

RAID Configuration: Software Raid 1

Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Edition

Network Speed: 100 MBit/s Uplink Port

Included Bandwidth: Unmetered

I was running a ARMA2 404 server until I learned the truth about them stealing your code. I have a friend who is a coder at Blizzard and my neighbor is one of the cofounders of Red Orchestra.

They talk about loyalty and are Ru players as well.

I am unfortunately running the version of 404's Arma3 :( , gladly I would change this when the release of your wasteland is announced and I will notify the normal pubbers that the server will be undergoing maintenance and name chance "ARMA3.RU #? -hosted by Mayhem762" to w/e.

I was looking for a i7 server to upgrade from what I'm running but hopefully this is adequate.

Thanks for bringing this great mod to us, I was getting in a bore with DayZ and this brought the action back on C4G for me

Edited by Mayhem762

SA Matra may i ask kindly to ask for the script that you use to press the windows key to show the names of players nearby? it would be awesome to have this for i am currently doing, i will also put credits to you for my clans edit for wasteland it would be awesome to have that script thanks :)

Hello Samatra, me and couple of my friends got banned from your wasteland servers about 2-3 months ago. Is there any way that we could get our bans off from your servers and come play again in there.

I'd like to make a complaint against an Admin "TerQ" was on TS when I joined it, I was in #5 EU collecting supplies to build a base, Then some clown went over my Mine that i had marked on the map for my team to see, Then suddenly I got banned for one teamkill with a MINE, Sort these bad Admin's out.

In my experience the admins are useless.

#1) We got killed by a guy who teleported away from us and the admin refused to do anything, dismissing the accusation because the person had played before, and become friendly with the admin.

#2) Hacker on the server dropping GBU's on people, admin does nothing, kicks one of our guys when he accidently says "enemy left" on global. Minutes later there's a guy singing over global - gets away with it.

Do yourself a favor, don't wear out your keyboard.

I am being told there is allegedly an issue with structures not appearing properly for some players, making it possible for them to move though apparent holes in walls (because they wouldnt see all the walls). Is there any truth to this and if so, can such an issue be spotted somehow and fixed?

Edited by Treehugger

Earlier yesterday, I was sitting about 750m from our OP-FOR massive base we'd been building for about 1.5 hrs. All, of a sudden our base starts exploding and I'm watching it happen through a sniper scope. The server said that everyone was killed by Sparksorz, but IT WAS NOT ME. It was real laggy before all this madness happened and then I was kicked from the server... Later, I tried to join later, and I get banned with a message about killing friendly bases. I don't know if your server was hacked or not, but I didn't kill any team mates or bases. I've never done anything but be useful for OP-FOR while playing on your servers. Can I please be unbanned.

-Sparks

This is what I've been busy with since A3 alpha release. Coming soon.

Great job Sa-Matra :D

Are you going to keep this closed as well though? I'd love to work with some of your files and do a little rebalancing for a server. Would love to have a hardcore server, with first person only (Allowing fireteam HUD and including a stance indicator in the script - helps a ton in first person). I'd really like to see a server without a ton of snipers, but having it way more focused on assault rifles and so. I'm working on a Utes Wasteland (AllinArma mod) server now with the adjusted 404 Files from JoSchaap, but the more I work with it, the more I realize how extremely flawed there entire setup is and I just don't have the coding knowledge to rebuild everything. The difference between your mission is pretty damn clear. In Arma2 I only play on the arma2.ru servers, because they are just way way better.

Great job Sa-Matra :D

Are you going to keep this closed as well though? I'd love to work with some of your files and do a little rebalancing for a server. Would love to have a hardcore server, with first person only (Allowing fireteam HUD and including a stance indicator in the script - helps a ton in first person). I'd really like to see a server without a ton of snipers, but having it way more focused on assault rifles and so. I'm working on a Utes Wasteland (AllinArma mod) server now with the adjusted 404 Files from JoSchaap, but the more I work with it, the more I realize how extremely flawed there entire setup is and I just don't have the coding knowledge to rebuild everything. The difference between your mission is pretty damn clear. In Arma2 I only play on the arma2.ru servers, because they are just way way better.

Hi. ArmA 3 Wasteland will either be semi-closed (but more easily available than A2 Wasteland right now) or fully open, I did not decide yet.

That's great.

I understand if you don't want to make it fully open. One of the crazy annoyances I have now with 404 Wasteland is that you really have no idea about the changes made on servers, and seeing there is no good way to describe the changes in the server browser, you really have no idea what you're getting into. Some servers are okay-ish, others are just complete crap. Completely unbalanced, very poor performance, lots of bugs, you name it. Different presets would be really nice though. Right now there are 14 different servers for Wasteland in Arma 2 and they are all pretty much the same (With the exception of Hardcore, which has first person disabled, but that is just very unpopular in Arma2). It would be nice to see some variation there with balancing and so.

Sa-Matra, would you be interested in learning about new ideas for Wasteland gameplay?

If so I would be happy to show you how the there could be this early warning system for player bases and this town-spawn-block-system, for a differently paced game that hopefully would be fun for others without changing the fun gameplay of Wasteland. The motivation for this is a wish for a better paced game, an improvement to the fun of both building and defending a base, and also for adding challenges in dealing with an enemy presence as a defender or as an attacker.

Played it =) Looks nice.. My Core2Duo :( cant handle it.. 5-8 fps =D

Played it =) Looks nice.. My Core2Duo :( cant handle it.. 5-8 fps =D

Hi. Thanks for playtesting. Mission is still in stage of testing, apparently cleanup broke and lots of bodies\vehicles didn't delete as they should. Manually fixed it for now, going to update and fix it in future.