Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Utes is up again on #2

I think this config value should take care of problem

maxPlayers = 60;

hey, can you PLEASE help me SaMatra, i have a freind who was admin banned for no reason whatsoever, i really need your help on getting him unbanned, he has done absolutely nothing

and yet he still apologises for something he hasnt done. there wasnt even a reason as to why he got *banned, can you pleaase unban him, his user name was;

messirules333

please check the scripts or something and that will be proof that he done nothing, thanks -djdan117

(P.S, sorry for the reply quote, dont really know how to use forums :p)

Quick question can anyone host a su matra wasteland server or must you be approved to run one ?

Quick question can anyone host a su matra wasteland server or must you be approved to run one ?

You have to write an e-mail to the e-mail address, which is located in the first post that Sa-Mantra metioned.

There you have to apply for an Wasteland Server, but read the information that Sa-Mantra give carefully, so that you dont have to ask again.

It would be awesome to get rid of the crosshairs on most servers or add another hardcore server for EU players.

I would play more on the RU hardcore server but the many russians make communicating difficult.

How about a 24 hour restart times for weekends Starting from Friday 15:00 cet and ending 24hours later.. Can the cleanup script handle that? Or will it become unplayable?

It would be awesome to get rid of the crosshairs on most servers or add another hardcore server for EU players.

I would play more on the RU hardcore server but the many russians make communicating difficult.

Crosshairs AND 3rd person view. IMO, the 3rd. person view should be removed from all PvP servers.... it's basically a cheat. Or make it so you can't swivel the view to see around corners and such.

yes, 3rd person is a huge problem. Especially on wasteland with the bases and lots of objects to hide behind

=/ we need group radars and spawning in vehicles for indies.

some other ideas:

being able to buy crates from the gunstore, to store several guns in, u could buy alot, then just buy a crate to store them in.

a food and a water supply truck, to basically do the same as the fuel/repair/ammo truck does, only for food/water.

add a backpack, making people able to do solo runs, having a sniper and an assualt rifle. basically another gun. would replace a rocket launcher. could be a rare drop, or an expensive item too, as its just useful, also able to store food for those super patient snipers.

more advanced medicals; bloodbags for complete replenishing, while bandages (a new drop) would stop screaming. a doctor would have to do the transfusion. possibly add a bloodbag supply mission?

adding a tws as-50 for like 20k in the gunstore, to add an endgame item to the gunstore

let everyone be able to repair vehicles just over red (one crash will cause the vehicle to explode), while engineers still will be able to fix them up to orange or w/e.

add nautical missions; say a totally rare aircraft carrier spawn, forcing teams to get boats and possibly flying in, being forced to clear out an ai-aircraft carrier to then be able to spawn on it. it would function as a base for the team who wins it.

stock supply missions: a random item would spawn in abunance; like; a supply vehicle has crashed, secure it to get its much needed materials: it could contain 100 nvgs, or 100 makarov mags, in a crate. any random item basically, but tons of it. like 500 stanag rounds, 30 ak-74s'. basically a roulette mission.

=/ we need group radars and spawning in vehicles for indies.

While at it, why not add a spawn choice (as in user can choose wherever they want to spawn)?? Indies are "crippled" for a reason.

I hate when people want to change the rules to make it easier for them to engage in their specific gamestyle.

I hate when people want to change the rules to make it easier for them to engage in their specific gamestyle.

Ahhhhhhhh......... no truer words spoken.

Today the server restarted. I try to relog and I get an error saying CD Key is in use!!

How is that possible?

I bought my Arma2 from steam. Also I always played on that server never had issues. Now if I try to join #6 I can get in without issues.

So I assume it is server #5 bugging me out.

How can I fix this?

I've just been called a cheater on #4. YAY :D

Me and my friends had a Bradley on one of the servers (5 or 6 or 11) some time ago. We were just raping everybody and got like 60 kills with it. I was in commander seat and each time the gunner shot someone it gave me the kill, so I was called a hacker countless times. You know, aimbot, spawning in stuff, all that. Oddly enough, there was an actual hacker that teleported everyone (well, everyone not in a vehicle) above NWAF and that further added fuel to the fire.

I say current problem is, trust. People don't trust Anti Hack thingies anymore. The trust is gone. I don't half the ppl who kill me.. I call hax way too many times...

BI studios made announcement about the Doubters of Battle Eye "We have made 100 000 global bans" So what? The trust is gone. There are hax that can NEVER be detected on battle eye! AND YES! I MEAN what I say, without getting in to more details.

1. They should encrypt stuff better.

2. They should ban even more ppl

3. They should incorporate these custom ways to detect hackers (ways that current admins use, in conjunction with battleeye.

I just hope these issues have been taken care of in Arma3 (read engine 2.0)

edit

Battle eyes approach currently is to BAN only if sure. And they don't have to deal with hate mail or any kind of communication. I think this is wrong. Ban everybody then let them explain what went wrong!

Edited by JoneKone
adding stuff

On a brighter note, I've seen a wasteland 505 server (505?) in arma3... anyone know anything?

There are hax that can NEVER be detected on battle eye! AND YES! I MEAN what I say, without getting in to more details.

Every hack can be detected, and every hack is detected sooner or later.

3. They should incorporate these custom ways to detect hackers (ways that current admins use, in conjunction with battleeye.

Admins can use custom anti-hacks or filters BE made

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138736-Introducing-Server-side-Event-Logging-Blocking

Battle eyes approach currently is to BAN only if sure. And they don't have to deal with hate mail or any kind of communication. I think this is wrong. Ban everybody then let them explain what went wrong!

So your solution is to ban everyone, and then only unban people that complain about it? WTF?!

Crosshairs AND 3rd person view. IMO, the 3rd. person view should be removed from all PvP servers.... it's basically a cheat. Or make it so you can't swivel the view to see around corners and such.

Cheat is a bit strong dude.

Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage??

If something is in a game by default you cant be accused of cheating. I, like many people prefer the third person as it allows me to see more and I feel a bit sick playing first person.

So, Cheat is the wrong word there buddy.

3rd p was there from the start, since this was initially (on that note, you probably started playing arma recently-ish, right?) single player/multiplayer COOP game, where external view wasn't used by inexperienced players (trying to be polite here), or those that exploit game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage (cough cough) to peek around corners.

We can have a looong debate about game features and their 'fair use', but we won't. This is my opinion, it is solid and you are not going to change it.

Pardon me for being stern, but I'm relatively old and quite grumpy, and don't care much for the likes of you. Nothing personal.

3rd p was there from the start, since this was initially (on that note, you probably started playing arma recently-ish, right?) single player/multiplayer COOP game, where external view wasn't used by inexperienced players (trying to be polite here), or those that exploit game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage (cough cough) to peek around corners.

We can have a looong debate about game features and their 'fair use', but we won't. This is my opinion, it is solid and you are not going to change it.

Pardon me for being stern, but I'm relatively old and quite grumpy, and don't care much for the likes of you. Nothing personal.

Your not being polite, your being an ass hat.

Where can I download this mission to practice a little bit and take a look of what is about? any download link?

Download link in the first post. Not. But do read through it, your question is answered there :)