Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

So what did you get?

Ironically... we got a truck with a rocket launcher on the back (2 rockets) which we used against the person who got the armored vehicle we were going for. However, as the second rocket was launched... we ALL (us in the truck and the BDRM we were shooting at) got blown up by the chopper with rockets. :/

Was quite funny though... just another adventure in the wasteland.

apparently, the 404-guys, in a desperate attempt to be creative, have made a Hive server network, much like dayz has

my question is, is there some way to make bases "survive" server resets?

also, what do you think about 404 actually making stuff of their own? (i hope and believe ur version will turn out to be the better one)

also, what do you think about 404 actually making stuff of their own? (i hope and believe ur version will turn out to be the better one)

I think he pretty much sums it up here: http://ws.arma.su

Sorry for Off Topic: Very strict forum this? Can't post links unless you have one post, well this was my first post, and trying to be helpful to another forum member.. And captcha at every post you make?

As a server admin at 404games i can tell you that we never did steal any code or any projects from Sa-Matra. This is not also a "desperate attempt to be creative" this is a project 404games has been working on for over 2 months. Also "what do you think about 404 actually making stuff of their own?" We have been doing that from the start. Please keep the hatred to yourself. I am getting quite sick of people calling 404games thief's. Try seeing both sides of the story before you make assumptions.

- Kryklin (404games IG Admin)

Hey Sa-Matra, we found a way (credit for thinking of this idea goes to Jake and Demathian (sp?)) of dropping bombs from airplanes.

Please see this video on how awesome it is, and why I call it the base-killer.

You can see several other bomb-drops over electro, stary, and novy on my twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/rovalf

For the bomb highlights, go to www.twitch.tv/rovalf/videos.

I just wanted to let you know about this awesome end-game strategy.

If anyone is looking for a group to play with, join our teamspeak 3 server. t304.darkstarllc.com:10108

Could you possible add a Jet to the server?

It could spawn once everyday night cycle. It would make the game a lot more interesting also. (^_^)

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Ill join your teamspeak.

Could you possible add a Jet to the server?

It could spawn once everyday night cycle. It would make the game a lot more interesting also. (^_^)

A jet already does spawn "randomly" at chopper locations. The chance of it spawning is low... but I've seen it more then a handful of times so far.

A jet already does spawn "randomly" at chopper locations. The chance of it spawning is low... but I've seen it more then a handful of times so far.

You sure about this? I've never seen a jet spawn ever. I've got over 300hours(Samatra version, server 6 and 7) gametime. Best chopper I've seen is Mi-24. Never seen it spawn but seen couple of friends have it when I would log on(around 5-7times I've seen mi-24 fyi).

Edited by Imor

You sure about this? I've never seen a jet spawn ever. I've got over 300hours(Samatra version, server 6 and 7) gametime. Best chopper I've seen is Mi-24. Never seen it spawn but seen couple of friends have it when I would log on(around 5-7times I've seen mi-24 fyi).

Maybe get out of your base more? I've got less time than you and I've seen the Harrier on 3 occasions...Yes... I'm sure about it. I stumbled across it and killed the npc's to take the jet the third time and I've seen it flying the other 2 times.

Edited by _Mofo_

Maybe get out of your base more? I've got less time than you and I've seen the Harrier on 3 occasions...Yes... I'm sure about it. I stumbled across it and killed the npc's to take the jet the third time and I've seen it flying the other 2 times.

I've played a good 700 hours and oddly enough I've yet to see either a Hind or a Harrier. Friends have had them, but I've never seen one. Also is it just me, or is the Ka-60 very common?

There is a chance for a harrier at downed helicopter mission. The only thing the harrier has is the 25 mm cannon

- caboose-1

Ka-60 very common

to my knowledge it is

Edited by caboose_neg_1

Get out of my base? I've only been "hardcore" base builder for around 50ish hours. We usually run around in squads doing missions, getting armored vehicles and choppers. Still I've never heard about jet spawns until now. oh and my gametime is more like 400 hours looking at steam <.<....

Also is it just me, or is the Ka-60 very common?

Yeah most common attack chopper that spawns.

Edited by Imor

so i just love this mod, its the best mod ive ever played, on any game, i think. its damn near perfect, but a little unpolished. so i thought a little about what i think would make it better, and these are my best ideas:

too many classes dont do anything, id love to see most classes taken out, and exchange with these; and similar ones:

pilot; the only class available to fly. would make helicopters alot more special, and also the people flying them.

builder; being able to store more items in a vehicle, and load from a longer distance, could also be able to run with items

(radioman; would be able to spawn people in after a lockdown animation (like 30secs or so) could be able to spawn in a couple of people)

not the best idea, but mod needs more varied classes.

also; ive noticed that basebuilding lacks a real incentive, as its not really rewarding. like the base, when found, will get overrun and destroyed. something like a bankbox, that adds interest to the money in it, over time, being part of a radar and perhaps showing up on the enemy map, would make it meaningful to hold and defend a base.

my last idea, wouldnt really fit the mod as its currently stands, but here it goes; id love it if there was like a 60min warmup, where both teams would just build a base somewhere, an item give to a builder, or something, would mark a location on the global map, and would save everything in it, for when the server starts up. this would give both teams 60minutes to build a proper base for the following mission.

keep updating the mod SaMatra, its better than Dayz <3<3<3<3

Get out of my base? I've only been "hardcore" base builder for around 50ish hours. We usually run around in squads doing missions, getting armored vehicles and choppers. Still I've never heard about jet spawns until now. oh and my gametime is more like 400 hours looking at steam <.<.....

(bold) Is this 20 questions? Are we playing a game show? Do I get a prize at the end of this?

(underline) Sounds like you need to get out of the house more often as well as your base. Zing? Profit?

----------

Point being... you've yet to see the plane... but it DOES randomly spawn at downed chopper missions with a LOW chance of it being there.

officer_barbrady_move_along_sm.jpg

Classes are bad, as is anything that inherently limits the gameplay - peoples' abilities should not depend on how early they get on the server to take a certain slot, but rather on items/skill/score...

(bold) Is this 20 questions? Are we playing a game show? Do I get a prize at the end of this?

(underline) Sounds like you need to get out of the house more often as well as your base. Zing? Profit?

----------

Point being... you've yet to see the plane... but it DOES randomly spawn at downed chopper missions with a LOW chance of it being there.

If you need to post some bullshit, just pm me or something...

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Hey there,

i have written an e-mail to you to the e-mail address that you have mentioned in the first post.

I think it is the right way to request, if you are interessted to host a server on my dedi..

Best regards

Prof. Dr. Root

Sorry to bother you here Sa-Matra, but there is no Admin online on TS right now.

Just now on server #9 US, as OPfor. Player named EdvarJohasen shot me and then stole our Osprey (I was the pilot) then he flew it and dropped it right into our base, blowing everything up. And if that was not enough, player named Wasted Land got in the AA truck and shot down our other chopper, a KA-60.